PDA

View Full Version : Kind of Wierd.....

dcmyst
11-15-04, 09:31 PM
This is kind of a stupid thing to post, but before our high school football season ended i was at 160 lbs, well my weight has been dropping about 1 1/2 lbs. everyday and just 2 weeks later im down to 145 lbs, i have been to the Doctors Office and the ER and they say nothing is wrong, I have stopped drinking pop and have been running but I did that all summer and did not lose more then 12 lbs, I'm just a little worried because, I turn 17 this month and I plan on going to the Recruitment Office. I strongly believe that the Marines are for me and I do not want anything to jeopardize my future. :no:

Just wondering if anyone has heard of this before... and if there is anything I could possibly do to stop my weight from dropping?:confused:

Sgtj
11-15-04, 09:37 PM
DCmyst,

Well if the docs are saying your fine then your probably just burning more calories then your consuming. I had a weight problem when I was first going in... Under weight that is. I ended up enlisting at 133 just a few pounds lighter and I would've beed DQed.
My recruiter told me to drink a glass of 2% chocolate Mile with a raw egg in it. I'm not sure if it worked but I am a Marine now.

Honestly though.. Just start eating a lot of food. Try getting some carbs into your system and eat at least 5 times a day.

Keep us updated.

SgtJ

Arlene Horton
11-15-04, 10:59 PM
dcmyst: Good advice from Sgtj. Being a retired registered nurse I recognize the advice given and would like to add a little more. Get lots of carbs into you and when you are scheduled for your physical exam try eating a couple of bananas. My hubby is also a former Marine and that's what he did. He was one skinny kid at 17 when he entered the Corps. Semper fi and good luck.

HardJedi
11-17-04, 09:45 PM
crap. if ONLY i had that problem! LOL

dcmyst
11-19-04, 08:15 AM
well, its stopped.....for now I'm down to 140, have been eating 5 times a day. Football weightlifting starts again the first week of Dec. so hopefully, I'll put some of my weight back on.

One other thing is that my doctor told me if I have stopped lifting then I will lose weight b/c I'll burn muscle THEN I'll start to burn fat, well I never quit lifting so I hope nothing is wrong with me that the ER or Doctor might have missed.