PDA

View Full Version : chest colds.

FullMetalJacket
11-15-04, 07:59 PM
If any of you poolees come down with this, REST. Dont run. Its very bad to go running. Even if you are in shape, and you run a mile, you will feel like hell. I have a chest cold and its a pain in the arse. I have shortness of breath and feel light headed . I decided to disregard the advice of not running, and went for a jog. Well after 10 minutes of hell cause I had difficulty breathing, I regreted running a lot. For the next hour, my heart was beating out of control. Just sitting there my heart beat was over 100 beats per minute, and that was over 20 minutes after the run. So again poolees, rest when you have a chest cold.

Amanda
11-15-04, 08:05 PM
that kinda sounds like what Seeley has, thats why he is in rehab right now. They think that asthma may have develpoed from the bronchitis he got during boot camp. Hopefully not, but if he has asthma then he gets medical discahrge.

I think if he were here he would advise not running as well.
Have you gone to a doctor FullMetalJacket?

FullMetalJacket
11-15-04, 08:24 PM
Yeah, went today. I was told its a chest cold. So I am going to rest and rest. Dont wany anything jeopardizing my future. Tell Seeley I said good luck.

snipowsky
11-15-04, 08:43 PM
Seeley is already trying to get a medical discharge? WTF? That sucks! Poor guy makes it through boot camp and this happens? Bronchitis is some nasty stuff. I've had that a couple times and it...

HardJedi
11-17-04, 10:11 PM
dang! sorry to hear about Seeley Amanda, wish him well for me!

Amanda
11-18-04, 03:52 PM
i will tell him you all wish him luck. He is at the doctor right now as we speak. He is not trying to get a medical discharge, but he may be forced to be discharged. Keep him in your prayers and...

grayshade
11-18-04, 04:47 PM
Hell, I believe he'll beat it. Don't give up hope there, darlin'. If'n that young man of yours wants it bad enough, his body will neutralize the damn thing. The human body is a magnificent machine, and the mind is very powerful, if he don't want this thing in his body it will get rid of it. Mind-over-matter, seen weirder $#@* happen before, medically I mean. In any case, I believe, and so should the both of ya'all. Tell him I said Semper Fi.

grayshade
11-18-04, 05:12 PM
That bronchitis stuff is quite the doozy. I usually get the damn thing at least three or four times during the summer, work hazard. See I'm a Forestry Technician/Wildland Firefighter, all the dust, ash, smoke doesn't make for a healthy work environment. But somebody has to do it, wouldn't give it up for the world. Rest is all he needs, maybe some walks if he feels up to it, just to keep active. I'm Native American, and we take what we call a "sweat", to clear our bodies out. It's a spiritual thing, but a sauna is basically the same thing. Alotta heat and steam, sweat the bad elements out of your body while drinking plenty of water during. Maybe a half hour to an hour should do it, a couple times in a week. The hotter the better, the more steam the better. Tell ya what, really clears you up. Sure you feel very tired after, but you also feel like a million bucks, and very hungery.

;)

Sparrowhawk
11-18-04, 06:05 PM
Men you Poolees do think differently

When I read chest colds, I was a thinking of my old girlfriend and ice cubes....

LMAO

Amanda
11-18-04, 07:21 PM
they say he is slightly asthmatic.. this is what he told me today

JAMarine
11-18-04, 07:54 PM
I what thinking the same thing. I was expecting a pic with a girlie and ice all over.
Were you disappointed also?

rich

And I don't belive for one moment that Shawn has any worries............

SuNmAN
11-20-04, 03:09 PM
Hope Seeley is alright.

I had asthma when I was little and even went to the emergency room once,but now I seem to be fine.

Good luck to PFC Seeley with all that and hope he can soon return to the service of our Corps.