PDA

View Full Version : dress blue delta

Recruit Drake
11-15-04, 05:32 PM
Well, I just graduated on Friday. And I've got a question on the uniform, they failed to mention to us. For dress blue d's do you wear ribbons and badges or just ribbons. Thanks.

garryh123
11-15-04, 05:34 PM
Congrats Marine!

thedrifter
11-15-04, 05:36 PM
Congratuulations Marine!

You better change Your Rank;)

Ellie

MillRatUSMC
11-15-04, 06:29 PM
On Sgt. Grits message board, Dress Blues Delta are short sleeve and Dress Blues Alphas, ribbons and badges are authorized.
If you not wearing anything other than the short sleeve, I guess you might wear ribbons and badges.
I wasn't able to find anything other than what I found on Sgt. Grits message board through google...
But I might be wrong...someone will correct it, if I am wrong...

Semper Fidelis/Semper Fi
Ricardo

Recruit Drake
11-15-04, 09:29 PM
Thanks. I was trying to change my settings and everything but 3 months of confinement has made me a little slow with computers.

Well MillRat, I know service c's you just wear ribbons, so I'll just wear my ribbons for now unless told otherwise. Thanks for your help.

kentmitchell
11-16-04, 05:07 AM
So they give 'em blues these days? I graduated Jan 19, 1957 and I'm still waiting on mine.

DSchmitke
11-16-04, 06:48 AM
Congratulations Marine and Welcome to the Brotherhood!!!

hack4398
11-17-04, 07:15 PM
Semper Fi Devil Dog and welcome to the best damn team in the world.

Jon Taylor
11-18-04, 01:38 AM
drake where did you graduate from? I'm fresh out of San Diego G Co/2021 12 Nov

GunnyL
11-18-04, 06:10 AM
You can wear either Ribbons and Badges or just Ribbons, it's optional. That's how it was when I was on Recruiting Duty, if you're on leave just ask your Recruiter to verify or follow this link to Marine Corps Uniform Regulations (http://www.usmc.mil/directiv.nsf/0dce83e13c9c8aa685256c0c0066c2e0/6d62f5fbea2cc03a85256850005ee8de?OpenDocument)

Semper Fi and Congratulations on Earning the Title!

GunnyL

Wyoming
11-18-04, 06:12 AM
so I'll just wear my ribbons

and along with that you wrote that you just graduated.

My question - What ribbons?

How many do you get knowadays for graduating?

:qmark: :qmark:

GunnyL
11-18-04, 06:24 AM
5501. REGULATIONS FOR WEAR
1. Marksmanship badges will not be worn with the evening dress, blue dress
"A," blue-white dress "A," utility, and camouflage maternity work uniforms.
Commanders may prescribe marksmanship badges for wear on all other uniforms.
Unless otherwise prescribed by the commander, wearing marksmanship badges is
at the option of the individual.

Namvet67
11-18-04, 11:41 AM
Congrats Marine...the fire watch ribbon was all I got when I graduated (67)

Recruit Drake
11-18-04, 04:43 PM
Thanks everyone, I graduated from PI 3rd bn M co. The best of the best:)

National Defense Ribbon, just one. Like I said, 3 months has made me a little slow, I have a hard time putting my belt on. :) There also issueing a new medal, for war on terrorism, so us little jarheads get a little decoration, but I'll earn it at itb. And in March there sending a new rotation. Nobody wants war, but I joined to help my brothers and sisters and by March I'll be ready.

Timber
11-18-04, 05:37 PM
Congratulations Marine. Welcome aboard

grayshade
11-18-04, 05:54 PM
Congrats on joining the Brotherhood there, Drake. I'm an ol' 3rd Bn man myself, 2036 India Co., P.I. will make ya or break ya. Gotta love those sandfleas, they give a whole different meaning to discipline. Enjoy your years in the Corps, keep your head up, keep your nose clean, and drink responsibly for goodness sake.
Remember not to use these dirty words when it comes to tasks at hand, "can't" and "impossible", these words are unsat. Good luck in Iraq, don't get dead. Semper Fi!

jinelson
11-19-04, 08:08 AM
Congratulations Drake, welcome aboard, I like your attitude make us proud.

Semper Fi Jim

gilliegtst
11-26-04, 01:05 AM
helz yeah...congrats, you think that frikin stuff is difficult, wait till you have to try and put on two marksman ship badges and more ribbons, i was never able to figure it out, still dont know how to put that damn pistol badge on...welcom to the few Marine

snipowsky
11-26-04, 03:36 AM
You get a GWOT ribbon and medal just for going to ITB? WTF! That's bulls**t! How can this be? You haven't even faced the enemy of Al-Queda or an Iraqi insurgent? What's up with that?

By the way, welcome to the family Marine!

CPLRapoza
11-26-04, 06:23 AM
Dress Blue Alphas are to only display the Large Medals on the left side and ribbons not rating a medal on the right side, No badges are to be worn. This uniform is only prescribed for formal events.

Dress Blue Bravos is the dress blue blouse, but were ribbons and badges are allowed for wear on the left side of the uniform.

Dress Blue Charlie, is long sleeve and tie. Only ribbons will be worn, and the same goes for Dress Blue Deltas, which is the short sleeve shirt.

CPLRapoza
11-26-04, 06:30 AM
ITB does not rate the GWOT. becasue you are still at a school status. Once you get to your unit depending on which unit it is, you must be there for a minimum for 30 days before you rate it. And even then it is only the the Global War on Terrorism Service Medal (GWOTSM) not the Global war on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal (GWOTEM). Marine Security Guards also rate the GWOTSM.

fishon
11-28-04, 08:36 AM
Great Choice, Wish U lots of Luck. Keep the Spirit of the Marine Corps. God Bless U. Semper Fi.

Pvt Drake
11-28-04, 05:17 PM
Thanks for the welcome, I'm out to itb on Tuesday. I'm actually excited to train this time around.

ntimlin
09-18-09, 06:47 AM
ha Mike? yall seemed so little when i went through...
Lima 3070
then got moved up to Golf 2052

Congrats

BR34
09-18-09, 07:46 AM
Check the dates of the posts, PFC.

Lisa 23
09-18-09, 08:37 AM
Wow......almost 5 years since this thread was last posted in before ntimlin posted.
When bringing up old threads like this, one should check the date of the last post.

Caesar Augustus
09-18-09, 10:56 AM
uhhhhhhhhh.....................wow this is old

temarti
09-18-09, 11:29 AM
Congrats Marine!

Supersquishy
09-18-09, 11:37 AM
Congrats Marine!
I wonder if he reenlisted?:D

Lisa 23
09-18-09, 12:26 PM
Congrats Marine!

This thread is almost 5 years old....for all we know, this Marine could be out of the Corps by now.

MontezumaCpl
09-18-09, 01:59 PM
Congrats Marine!

Sgt Mc
11-02-09, 10:41 PM
Wow......almost 5 years since this thread was last posted in before ntimlin posted.
When bringing up old threads like this, one should check the date of the last post.

Great Haircut.

Lisa 23
11-02-09, 10:43 PM
Great Haircut.

It would be great if you would fill out your profile so the Marines here know who they are talking to. :thumbup:

As for the haircut...I'm a WM. Look at my profile.

JarHeadMikeUSMC
11-02-09, 11:31 PM
Welcome to the brotherhood. What ever you choose to wear, wear it proudly, you EARNED the right. Semper Fi

Sgt Mc
11-02-09, 11:52 PM
It would be great if you would fill out your profile so the Marines here know who they are talking to. :thumbup:

As for the haircut...I'm a WM. Look at my profile.

Ma'am, I apologize for any confusion. While I did realize you are a female, my comment was not meant to be insulting, rather it was a compliment. Many female Marines today are too fussy about their hair. Regardless of gender, I feel a well kempt "hairdo" is in order. So, Again, great haircut.

As for my profile, I am about an hour into this site and am learning to navigate it. I have made some progress and updated some information.

I never intended to start on the wrong foot on this site...I mean, hell I paid for it. So, in time, maybe conclusions won't be jumped to.

Semper Fidelis

Lisa 23
11-03-09, 01:38 PM
Ma'am, I apologize for any confusion. While I did realize you are a female, my comment was not meant to be insulting, rather it was a compliment. Many female Marines today are too fussy about their hair. Regardless of gender, I feel a well kempt "hairdo" is in order. So, Again, great haircut.

As for my profile, I am about an hour into this site and am learning to navigate it. I have made some progress and updated some information.

I never intended to start on the wrong foot on this site...I mean, hell I paid for it. So, in time, maybe conclusions won't be jumped to.

Semper Fidelis

All is good Sgt. :thumbup: I thought you were being a smart a$$ about my hair. Still have the short hairdo....alot easier to maintain...LOL! Haven't had long hair since I was a kid.
Anyway.....you didn't start out on the wrong foot. I just like to know who I'm talking to first.

Enjoy your time here on Leatherneck! :beer:

Semper Fi! :usmc:

TRosa06
11-03-09, 04:15 PM
Congratulations Marine. As stated you can wear just your ribbon or your marksmanship badge with it. It is completely up to you.

Skosh59
11-03-09, 04:47 PM
So they give 'em blues these days? I graduated Jan 19, 1957 and I'm still waiting on mine.

I graduated in '59 and had to buy mine from my cousin.

Lisa 23
11-03-09, 04:50 PM
I graduated in '59 and had to buy mine from my cousin.

Not being a smarty here, but you quoted a post from 5 years ago. Didn't know if you knew that or not.

Skosh59
11-04-09, 02:08 PM
You got me on that one ...;) I did not notice. Sometimes I get in a rush plus my typing skills are somewhat lacking and I will take all shortcuts available to avoid pounding on these keys.

What the heck, it got the point across.

DcPrayLt
05-06-10, 11:11 PM
In wearing dress blue deltas...

You really only wear ribbons, the only time you wear your badges is when its like a special ceramony or authorized by your chain of command such as like when u graduated from boot camp...I suggest you change that rank devil ur a marine now not a nasty disgusting recurit. LOL AND CONGRATS

Lisa 23
05-07-10, 07:33 AM
In wearing dress blue deltas...

You really only wear ribbons, the only time you wear your badges is when its like a special ceramony or authorized by your chain of command such as like when u graduated from boot camp...I suggest you change that rank devil ur a marine now not a nasty disgusting recurit. LOL AND CONGRATS

You do realize that the original post is almost 6 years old....and that this thread hasn't been posted in in about 7 months, don't you?