PDA

View Full Version : Military Pay & Compensation

enviro
11-15-04, 02:35 PM
If you are looking to get out, stay Marine.

If you are looking to join, stay Marine.

If you got out and can't get back in, I know how you feel. The military and civilian worlds differ oh so much. Today especially.

Try this pay calculator out to see what is or what "coulda woulda shoulda" be your pay and compensation.

http://www.staynavy.navy.mil/Tools/PCC/default.asp

Sgtj
11-15-04, 02:52 PM
enviro,

Are you still in?

enviro
11-15-04, 03:35 PM
Out now - disabled vet.

gilliegtst
11-15-04, 04:55 PM
wow do i know the feeling...Hey Marines, how are you all doing tonight? not too bad here, except maybe for the fact of kicking myself in the rear for getting out...i'm having a really hard time adjusting, even after a year, i still look at civilians and think what is wrong with these people...and what the heck was wrong with me for getting out...and now i find out that i'll lose my cpl if i try to go back in...oh well...i'm thinking about finishing up school, and become a mustang...i dont know though, i miss the comradere, i dont know if that exists among officers...i figured i'd get into some kind of uniform, maybe that would help...so i'm a state corrections officer...its not the same...so believe me, if you have a chance to stay in....do it...if you have a chance to go back in, do it...just about everyone out here will not understand you...

Cpl G

Toby M
11-15-04, 05:39 PM
Hey Gillie, I have been out since 1971 and I still look at people and wonder the same thing. I wore a uniform (Law Enforcement Officer) for over 25 years but it isn't the same thing...Just goes to prove what everyone already knows..."Once a Marine-Always a Marine!!!

gilliegtst
11-16-04, 03:21 PM
well either way you look at it....sh*t sucks...