PDA

View Full Version : Guilty!!!!

Sgt Morales, AM
11-12-04, 03:24 PM
Scott Peterson has been found GUILTY of 1st-degree murder of his wife, Laci, and GUILTY of 2nd degree murder of his unborn child. What do y'all think about this?

yellowwing
11-12-04, 03:41 PM
I'm just wondering why this case was so sensationalized for all these months! He's no OJ Simpson or Michael Jackson, just another schmuck that killed his wife.

I would have convicted him of 1st degree murder, on both counts.

Sgt Morales, AM
11-12-04, 03:48 PM
I know what you mean yellowwing. If it was up to me, it wouldn't have taken so long to convict the guy. Geez, he fled with $15,000 cash, sold his wife's SUV, colored his hair blond, and was caught on audio tape having an affair. How much more do you need? What an idiot!!!

snipowsky
11-12-04, 04:15 PM
BURN THAT F**KER!

vfm
11-12-04, 04:43 PM
He had to be doubly guilty to get convicted in California.
Semper Fi!!!
vfm

DSchmitke
11-12-04, 05:15 PM
The prison inmates will take care of him. they have their own justice system.

hrscowboy
11-12-04, 06:24 PM
This guy got a raw deal... only convicted him on circumstancial evidence... They had no evidence to convict this guy no blood no dna nothing but hear say...

thedrifter
11-12-04, 06:31 PM
Justice was Served....

Ellie

Toby M
11-12-04, 06:51 PM
Any way you look at it, I am tired of seeing this kind of crap make national news for such a long period of time. He was a nothing and didn't deserve the publicity! I hope his attorney goes broke taking on these cases. There's the idiot!!!

marinemom
11-12-04, 06:52 PM
Amen, Miss Ellie - he can spend those years in prison thinking how old his son would be......each and every day

hrscowboy
11-12-04, 06:54 PM
show me the evidence and think about this 2 of the jurors that was in the box out of the 12 never even heard the full case.. when the first and the second was dismissed that judge should have called a mistrial instead he went with the 2 new ones its all crap...

DSchmitke
11-12-04, 07:24 PM
It's over with move on.

Walter
11-12-04, 07:43 PM
Justice was done.... And he deserved more than what he received. No emotions when the verdict was read...no hint or expression of innocence.

airframesguru
11-12-04, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by snipowsky
BURN THAT F**KER!

GET SOME!

I mean Ditto....

:D

Mike

Arlene Horton
11-12-04, 09:48 PM
Now it'll just take years, years, and years of appeals. That is, unless he comes upon prison yard justice! I agree gentlemen & Miss Ellie. Semper Fi....

hrscowboy
11-12-04, 09:50 PM
IF THIS WAS A MARINE YOU ALL WOULD BE TALKIN DIFFERENT...

troop901
11-12-04, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by hrscowboy
show me the evidence and think about this 2 of the jurors that was in the box out of the 12 never even heard the full case.. when the first and the second was dismissed that judge should have called a mistrial instead he went with the 2 new ones its all crap...
Think about this, those 2 jurors did have full view of the case, thats why they are alternates, just in case. The evidence is, his own testimony put him where they were found, no one he said saw her that day did and he tried to flee the country. Yes, this is a victory for women who are killed by their husbands, just as its a victory for those men who are killed by their wive's. The verdict means, you kill your spouse then you are going to pay for it. But what do I know, only been in court on case's a few hundred time's. Just look at the man's eye's, that was evidence enough.

thedrifter
11-14-04, 06:29 AM
The Scott Peterson Effect

November 13, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
by Joe Mariani
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The verdict is in. Scott Peterson, a fertiliser salesman and part-time philanderer from California, killed his wife, who was eight months pregnant. He tied her body to an anchor made of concrete and dumped it in San Francisco Bay, covering his actions with a story about a fishing trip for which he didn't even have the proper equipment. Despite the twistings and turnings of attorney Mark Geragos (who first gained media attention with his defense of Susan McDougal during the Clinton Whitewater scandal), the jury convicted Peterson of murder.

Why is this significant? Murders happen every day. Peterson was convicted not of one crime, but two. He was convicted of murder in the first degree (premeditated) of his wife, Laci. He was also convicted of murder in the second degree (intentional) of his son, Conner. It turns out that this may be very significant, after all.

Conner was not yet born.
You can only murder a human being.
Conner was murdered, therefore he was a human being.
A human being has rights.
Therefore, an unborn child is a human being with rights that should be protected.
I don't look at abortion from a religious standpoint. I've never seen a soul, and -- chances are -- neither have you. I have, however, seen the faces of the unborn as they smile, cry and play, thanks to the "miracle" of modern technology. The main Liberal argument seems to be that it's just a lump of "fetal tissue" right up until that magical moment when it breathes air and is transformed into a child. Not even the most fanatical Liberal will claim that it's not alive before that, just that it's not human life. Well, I was once a lump of tissue just like that. So were you. The DNA of an unborn child is fully human DNA. No one has yet documented any important changes that take place exactly at birth, except that suddenly the child's lungs are filled with air. And that's a pretty poor definition of humanity.

What defines us as human, if not our genetic code? At the moment of conception, a totally unique human genetic identity is created, one that has never existed before and will never exist again. There is no sudden, magical change detectable in the DNA between the moment of conception and the moment of birth. Therefore, a baby is a human life from the moment it's conceived until the moment it dies. And if it's human, it has to have some rights. One of those rights ought to be "not dying for someone else's convenience."

According to the Alan Guttmacher Institute, "49% of the 6.3 million pregnancies that occur each year are unplanned; 47% of these occur among the 7% of women at risk of unintended pregnancy who do not practice contraception." The three main reasons for choosing abortion are that having a baby would interfere with work, school or other responsibilities (75%), the women cannot afford a child (66%) and they do not want to be a single parent or are having problems with their husband or partner (50%). Overlapping reasons aside, three quarters of abortions are performed for reasons of convenience? The introduction of post-coital drugs like Preven (no longer manufactured) and Plan B caused a 43% drop in abortion rates between 1994 and 2000. I'd say that's a good start, and a lot more convenient. Plan B, which prevents fertilisation altogether, is unlike the French "morning after" pill RU-486, which prevents a fertilised egg -- a life -- from implantation. Besides, RU-486 seems to come with its own side effects, some of which involve death.

Of course, there is only one absolutely certain contraception method, but few words cause Liberals to roll their eyes and groan as much as "abstinence." God forbid -- to make a weak joke -- that people should have self-control. The idea that people should consider the implications before voluntarily having sex is generally met with scorn by Liberals and characterised as "medieval" by the media. It's easier to pretend that there are no consequences to one's actions.

Sometimes those consequences have faces and names, however. And sometimes they never get the chance to have them. We can hope that the conviction of Scott Peterson, along with the Unborn Victims of Violence Act (Laci and Conner's Law, signed in April 2004), will go a long way towards ensuring some real protection for the youngest and most vulnerable members of the human race.

Joe Mariani

Joe Mariani is a computer consultant born and raised in New Jersey. He lives in Pennsylvania, where the gun laws are less restrictive and taxes are lower. Joe always thought of himself as politically neutral until he saw how far left the left had really gone after 9/11. His essays and links to articles are available at http://guardian.blogdrive.com/.

http://www.mensnewsdaily.com/archive/m-n/mariani/2004/mariani111304.htm

Ellie

Sgt Morales, AM
11-15-04, 10:11 AM
WOW Ellie,
That is very interesting!!! Thanks everyone for the input.
Even though Scott Peterson and the victims were hardly known, I feel that it was very important that this case was highly televised. Reason being that there are many men and women out there that feel they can get away with abuse and even murder. That man deserves to be imprisoned for life, or given the death penalty. He should be made an example of for those abusing others. I truly hope that his dream and thought are those of Laci and his unborn son. Not just dreams, but nightmares!!!!

hrscowboy
11-15-04, 10:54 AM
Just get ready and watch, this peterson is going to get an appeal because of what the judge done. just watch and see.

Sgt Morales, AM
11-15-04, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by troop901

Think about this, those 2 jurors did have full view of the case, thats why they are alternates, just in case. The evidence is, his own testimony, put him where they were found, no one he said saw her that day did and he tried to flee the country. Yes, this is a victory for women who are killed by their husbands, just as its a victory for those men who are killed by their wive's. The verdict means, you kill your spouse then you are going to pay for it. But what do I know, only been in court on case's a few hundred time's. Just look at the man's eye's, that was evidence enough.

"Just look at the man's eye's, that was Evidence enough."