PDA

View Full Version : Corpsman Prayer

Doc Crow
11-09-04, 11:06 PM
My buddy sent this to me also. I had forgotten about this. Lord Knows our Troops in Iraq are knowing this right now

A Corpsman's Prayer
Grant me, oh Lord, for the coming events;
Enough knowledge to cope and some plain common sense.
Be at our side on those nightly patrols;
And be merciful judging our vulnerable souls.
Make my hands steady and as sure as a rock;
when the others go down with a wound or in shock.
Let me be close, when they bleed in the mud;
With a tourniquet handy to save precious blood.
Here in the jungle, the enemy near;
Even the corpsman can't offer much lightness and cheer.
Just help me, oh Lord, to save lives when I can;
Because even out there is merit in man.
If It's Your will, make casualties light;
And don't let any die in the murderous night.
These are my friends I'm trying to save;
They are frightened at times, but You know they are brave.
Let me not fail when they need so much;
But to help me serve with a compassionate touch.
Lord, I'm no hero -- my job is to heal;
And I want You to know Just how helpless I feel.
Bring us back safely to camp with dawn;
For too many of us are already gone.
Lord bless my friends If that's part of your plan;
And go with us tonight, when we go out again.

Author Unknown

wsimkins
11-09-04, 11:49 PM
Thank God for Doc's! Part of the Few. Semper Fi!

HardJedi
11-10-04, 10:07 PM
thats a great prayer. thanks for sharing.

snipowsky
11-10-04, 10:27 PM
I wouldn't be alive right now if it wasn't for Navy Corpsman. God bless them all!

jinelson
11-10-04, 11:04 PM
Thanks Doc, thank you so much for sharing it on my special day but then again its yours too. God Bless those who who duck fire to answer to the call CORPSMAN UP!

Doc Crow
11-15-04, 02:05 PM
In 20 years on Active Duty I had never heard that thing.

yellowwing
11-15-04, 02:18 PM
When I was in New Orleans, one of the 'home bar' regulars was a city paramedic. He told a story about responding to an 'officer down' call:

The officer had just chased the suspect into an open area when he turned and started firing. The officer was struck twice and went down hard. He lay there bleeding and sent out an “Officer Down” call.

Dino described the scene as, “everything went all weird and slow motion. The cop kept asking me if he was going to die.” While stabilizing him Dino remained perfectly calm and reassured the cop he was going to be okay. Dino kept working on him while transporting the policeman to the nearest emergency room.

Afterward Dino said, “Man, after we turned him over to the ER, I went back outside and just started shaking and crying.” The cop slowly recovered and was back on duty a few months later.

NOPD was eternally grateful that Dino saved their Brother’s life. Whenever the Special Operations Division had a high-risk raid planned, they requested Dino and his partner to be the paramedic standbys.

Sgt Sostand
11-15-04, 02:19 PM
Their two things in the Marine Corps not to play around with that the cooks and the CORPSMAN

Doc Crow
11-16-04, 01:50 PM
Sostand do not forget about the Disbursing Clerk otherwise you pay ends up with some hooker in Naha City Okinawa and it goes there not by your choice