PDA

View Full Version : S/SGT Melvin D. Holcomb. KIA. 7/6/67

Chris Holcomb
11-05-04, 01:50 PM
Im looking for Marines who either knew my Father or served with my Father. He was killed in Action On The Hill Of Angles 7/6/67. Please notify me either way. Thanks, Chris. Ceaser911@hotmail.com

mrbsox
11-05-04, 04:38 PM
Rest assured Chris, that his is in the Lords bosom, and toasting with his Brothers.

'Nam was before my time, but your search has lead you to the best Marine site on the net. Good luck !!

Where at in TN ??

Terry

Chris Holcomb
11-05-04, 04:45 PM
Im in Hermitage Springs TN. Close to Cookville. Chris. Oh by the way thanks for replying Terry.

tracyshaw21043
11-21-04, 08:00 AM
Hi Chris. I' looking for info on my dad also, and while I don't see anything referencing a S/Sgt. Melvin Holcomb in everything I've gathered so far, I will keep my eyes open! Do you have any more details? My dad was 1stSgt George C. Shaw, Jr. -- from Bristol. He was in from 1946-1970. Do you know if your dad was at Camp Lejeune in the late 50s, early 60s? or in Jacksonville? I have lots of pictures of my dad with buddies, but I have no names and no dates....

and .. it's Holcomb -- without an e at the end right?

Feel free to email me directly if you have any pics of him -- I could look through my stuff and see if I recognize him! :)

God Bless You and Yours, and Never Give up the Faith!

tracy21043@comcast.net

Chris Holcomb
11-23-04, 06:21 AM
Thank you Tracy, I will e-mail you soon with all the details. Yes my Father was im Camp Lejeune in early 60's. Thats where I was born. He was also in Jacksonville. Ceaser911@hotmail.com E-mail me when you recieve this message. Thanks Chris.