PDA

View Full Version : I thought everyone should see this.

Blake
11-03-04, 03:50 PM
Michael Moore is a prick, he replaced his webpage with this picture that completely disrespects the men and women who have lost their lives overseas. I got disqualified from going to the Marines on medical stuff but to all you poolees that are going to get to serve, dont forget left wing pyschos like this who will stop at nothing to discredit you for their own parties political gain.

http://www.michaelmoore.com/

Kp42
11-03-04, 03:55 PM
He's trying to prove a point that I dont think he should. That was very dickheaded of him. Thats something you dont fool around with.

thedrifter
11-03-04, 04:00 PM
There is No Need for that type of langage...here...

I can see that the Marines watch there langage, and since You are in there House I would recomend You both change Yours now.

The Drifter's Wife

Kp42
11-03-04, 04:13 PM
Sorry mam

HardJedi
11-03-04, 04:14 PM
well, michael moore is a fat slob glory hound attention seeker. nothing more

Blake
11-03-04, 04:44 PM
Sorry for my language, I didnt realise what I said was considered so offensive. I will watch it for now on.

yellowwing
11-03-04, 05:08 PM
It's his site. Freedom of speech and all.

Like I said, $1 billion plus spent on election campaigning. Then add the all the books and Moore's $100+ million movie.

I really want to get into the 2008 election business!

LivinSoFree
11-03-04, 05:37 PM
While I happen to agree that Michael Moore is an extremist, I don't necessarily agree that the photocomposite is disrespectful. I think that it's perhaps a bit of a reminder as to the human cost of any war and what ends up backing the President of the United States. For better or worse, no matter what your opinion is, the war in Iraq has indeed cost lives, and the decision to become involved belongs to President Bush. I'm not commenting on whether or not it was right or wrong, because that's not the point. The point is that the young soldiers, sailors, and Marines in that photocomposite died carrying out his orders as Commander in Chief, and I see nothing wrong with acknowledging that fact.

HardJedi
11-03-04, 05:59 PM
hmmn. I personally think it is more about laying BLAME than acknowledging anything, Livingsofree.

yellowwing
11-03-04, 06:30 PM
Right, I don't think Moore did it as an honor.

Human cost of war, what was our's in Belleau Wood, Tarawa, Chison, Khe Sahn?

HardJedi
11-03-04, 06:36 PM
dang it! if I keep agreeing with you Yellowing, people aregonna startto think I am a liberal ;) LOL

yellowwing
11-03-04, 06:51 PM
Naw, you just agree only with my occasional right leaning opinions.

On that political quiz, I scored as a Centerist with slight Left opinions. I want the death penalty for child predators.

HardJedi
11-03-04, 07:18 PM
Yeah well, I supposeI should admit that I am something of a conservative with SLIGHTLY left leaning views ;)

Amen to that death penalty though!

greensideout
11-03-04, 07:27 PM
LivinSoFree, You say, "the war in Iraq has indeed cost lives, and the decision to become involved belongs to President Bush".

You say that like you think that the President just up and decided to go to war?

You say that the war has cost lives?

Hold on, I'm just trying to figure out your logic-------???

Have you forgotten September 11, 2001, the cause of the war and that we don't like our citizens, (men, women and children) slaughtered? This is the reason for the war, NOT President Bush!

War costs lives. That is why war is refered to as hell. No one in their right mind likes war but it can become necessary for the preservation of our nation.

As far as Michael Moore goes, he is not worthy of wipeing a Marine's six!

Keep working on it. REALLY THINK about why we our at war and forget the distractions of the Michael Moores'.

Kp42
11-03-04, 07:40 PM
^exactly

greensideout
11-03-04, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by Kp42
^exactly

Kp42, Did someone yank your chain or did you deside to puke on your own?

I'm talking to another Marine here---be careful where you jump in!

HardJedi
11-03-04, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by greensideout

Kp42, Did someone yank your chain or did you deside to puke on your own?

LMAO! too funny :D

devildog4ever
11-04-04, 11:23 AM
Ive always liked that shirt that says" besides solving: slavery, removing tyrants,and bringing peace, war has never solved anything.

Debate_god21
11-06-04, 10:27 AM
Here is a letter I sent Mr. Moore:

Do you know any of these people's stories. Their trials, their pride, their wins, their losses? What they sacrifice everyday, so that you can speak freely? I am sure each and every one of these soldiers, sailors, airmen and Marines proudly gave their lives so that someone might lead a happier life.

I am a United States Marine. I serve my country the best I can. It may not be on the battlefield, but I do what I can as a photojournalist. If I were over in Iraq, I would gladly throw down my camera and help my fellow Marines, so that they may return home safely. You have probably never seen (or will see, thank God) a battlefield.

This is not about Bush, Kerry or Nader or any political party (I personally don't care for either one, but I will respect my Commander-in-Chief). This is about people. People who are suffering, because no one will help them. That is what we are there for. When we were younger, our parents taught us to share. That is what we are doing, sharing. We want to share our prosperity with other countries.

Do you gain anything personally from your crusade? Besides fame? Does this make you feel good inside? I am a nobody, and I'm perfectly content with that. But, I'm doing what I can to help my brothers out. Applying my skills for the greater good. Do you know what "utilitarianism" is? That's what I'm doing. How about you? You'll also notice how I never had to call anyone a name, like a child would. Playtime's over, and I'm serious.