PDA

View Full Version : Poolee Logo

Shaffer
10-07-02, 06:03 PM
After some good debate and some discussions offline we have made a decision NOT to give poolees their own logo. However we decided that instead we would provide the poolees with an icon that spells out "Poolee" so that we may distinguish them on the boards. The icon I have loaded has a little symbolism to it. Notice the "puke" green color around it. The "puke" green color stands for what the poolees will be known as for 3 months out of their life. LOL :p

Semper Fi,
Jerry

Sparrowhawk
10-07-02, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Shaffer
After some good debate and some discussions offline we have made a decision NOT to give poolees their own logo. However we decided that instead we would provide the poolees with an icon that spells out "Poolee" so that we may distinguish them on the boards. The icon I have loaded has a little symbolism to it. Notice the "puke" green color around it. The "puke" green color stands for what the poolees will be known as for 3 months out of their life. LOL :p

Semper Fi,
Jerry

<hr>
LOGO ~ ICON its the same

I still don't believe they warrant a logo like that.

After all a "MARINE" Private rates only a pvt next to his name.

I still believe Poolee next to their name is more than sufficient.

Just my thoughts

thedrifter
10-07-02, 07:42 PM
Now since they have a logo, do we have to give them candy?????

Even a pvt earns the right to be called a pvt. We have earned the right to put on the Rank we make while still in the Corps.
We earned that right with our blood, sweat and tears.

I agree with you Cook, not too much I could add to that.

Sempers,

Roger

PS: I want free beer...................

PoolieH
10-08-02, 05:45 PM
I totally agree, being a poolee myself i feel i havent earned a thing, i carry a sense of pride that most cannot understand and that is more than enough for me. Thanks for the logo but i dont plan to use it.

Poolee H

wrbones
10-08-02, 06:30 PM
Let's see.....I'll take a free beer!

AND otherwise, I'll leave this one alone! LMAO.

You kids shouldn't tempt me like that!

Poolee H, Givin' ya credit, kid. You can have all the pride ya want when ya get outta boot! You will have earned it!

Silver_XAT
10-08-02, 07:14 PM
I'm in the process of getting med consults right now, but when i first heard the idea for a poolee logo i just thought... "gimme a break" The flag is good enough for me any day, even after i earn my first stripe. Beside's this isnt a poolee website. While signing the papers is "some" commitment, what does that merit on this site? Im sure signing them will be a proud day for me, but i dont need a logo or anything else to remind me or tell anybody else that one day, I hope to be a marine.

Barndog
10-08-02, 08:00 PM
Puke green...... naaaaaaa thats too defininative Shaffer. It should be sh!t green like from the bottom of the sea.

You poolee's want a logo?

You'll get it WHEN YOU EARN IT!!!!
It's called the Eagle Globe and Anchor. Walk the walk then show US you can TALK THE TALK.
Suck up or shut up. This ain't gym class, or football practice.....although it might be for some of us...... what yer gettin is a walk in the park compartively speaking.
And you think Full Metal Jacket was only a movie!! LMFAO
might be fer you boys now..... of course they don't let Drill Instructors swat ya anymore. Dammit.

SAEPE EXPERTUS, SEMPER FIDELIS, FRATRES AETERNI
"Often Tested, Always Faithful, Brothers Forever"

Barndog

ps: Bones, if ya don't mind, I kinda spoke for ya, although i expect your comeback..... OhhhhhRaaahhhhhhh

wrbones
10-08-02, 11:46 PM
I been tryin' so damn hard to be nice, it ain't funny no more, bro!

I'm about ready to get hard with all the none thinkers around here, bro.

Somebody stop me before I post again! LOL

Oh, man, too late.....

...some of them tryin' to be what they ain't, ain't they?

Sixguns
10-09-02, 06:29 PM
Poolees represent the next generation of Marines. We all know no one is a Marine until they complete all the requirements. You guys keep barking the same old tune. How about giving the kids a little smack on the back to kind of say "We appreciate your desire to become one of us."??? I respect all of you for your contributions to the Corps. You passsed on to me the legacy of the Corps. I inherited your proud traditions. These kids will do the same. By the way, does anyone remember the USMC birthday ceremony? Remember who gets cake first? And why? You need to start grooming the next generation of Marines. They aren't Marines yet, but you can make them proud to be joining. I won't harp on it, but the Corps has changed in some regards. I guess some of us forgot that when we took off the uniform, the Corps kept moving forward. Get off the the harrassing and name calling! Treat these furute Marines like you are welcoming them to the greatest organization in the world. Forget about how you were welcomed or what you were called until you graduated training. Today, we treat all Marines (including those attempting to become one) with dignity and respect. Thanks for your consideration and what I am sure will be your response to this post.

SF,

Barndog
10-09-02, 07:40 PM
SixGuns -

You are absolutely correct - the YOUNGEST Marine and OLDEST Marine get the cake in that order.

My problem is, the poolee's AIN'T Marine's yet.

And, I gotta say, I got a pat on the back, a few kicks in the ass and a few slaps up side my BHG.

And it took everything I had........ and then some.

To the Corps Forever

Barndog

thedrifter
10-09-02, 08:26 PM
Respect is earned just like everything else in life that is worth while. Too many children are given everything on a silver plater, and they expect it from everybody.

I have no problem with showing respect for these Poolees, but they have to earn it and when they don't show respect to the Veteran Marines in here, do we have to tolerate it.

Sixguns, I understand where you are coming from, your post is good, you did try to explain the situation as you see it. Your are right, a lot of us Veteran Marines are from the Old Corps and learned from the School of Hard Knocks. You have to remember that we earned everything, the Corps gave us nothing for free.

Sempers,

Roger

wrbones
10-09-02, 10:08 PM
If the new trick is to allow disrespect, or to offer indignity to others, I didn't learn that one. Sorry. SixGuns, that was a well thought post. One of the things you seem to have missed, is that myself and others have done all that we could to help many Poolees and DEPers with information, often referring these folks to you for up to date information. We've offered them url's and time from our own day to look things up on the web for them. Some of them have their questions answered and we never see them again. Well and good, they've been helped and as you, they are busy. Others, for whatever reason have their questions answered, and for whatever reason, do not accept the answers, if those answers are not what they wish to hear. As with the individual who started this topic on another thread. The purpose for this thread was due to the fact that on another thread, that individual previously got an answer and did not like it.

Other things we see from such as this, is that they make great claims to respecting others. As one said, he learned to say yes sir, no sir, yes ma'am, no ma'am. His behavior prior to that statement and after never contained any references to common courtesy or respect in the way he claimed.

Others use the avatars and insignia of Marines, yet cannot understand a request to change to the use of the flag instead.
Still others make great claims to knowledge that they cannot have, for they have never been Marines. Others claim this or that, and when questioned in any way, they become upset and cannot keep their stories straight at all. Our purpose in this, as "Old Dogs" is to ensure that they know that lies and disrespect in the Corps will not be tolerated.

I have in the past instructed Marines from several eras in Honor and Respect and straight thinking on these pages. How can I not ensure that Poolees and DEPers and wannabes are not similiarly instructed? That would bring my own integrity into question were I not to treat them similiarly.

Again. I have done all that I can for many other Poolees and DEPers that can be done online and been thanked many times for my time and effort. So has it been with many other "Old Dogs" around here. These who complain are just a few. But they complain bitterly if they do not hear what they want to hear. If they cannot stand correction from a few typewritten words on a screen, how will they fare later?

Those who are sincere who come in here seeking to become Marines, I have often commended for their desire. I have seen other "Old Dogs" do the same.

When respect is offered, it is returned. When dignity is offered, it is returned. I have repeatedly offered courtesy and respect to many of these individuals and been ignored or had them offer inappropriate responses in turn. No matter how gentle my, or other's correction, they become angry and seek to do more harm. As I have said in another post , Marines arguing over a Poolee who doesn't get what he wants, when he wants it, isn't worth it.

My question is, I suppose; are Honor, Courage and Committment a part of the "New" Marine Corps? or not?

As far as I know, people are welcome on this site. It is my perception that disrespect and lies are not. When these few stop being disrespectful and stop lying, and learn to accept life as it is, (life as it is being that they are not as yet Marines),then perhaps a new dialog might open up between these few individuals and the members here, whether we wear a uniform or not.

NamGrunt68
10-10-02, 04:43 AM
A poolee before he becomes a Marine, or "trys" to become a Marine is just exactly what we were before we joined. "Scumbag Civilians".......no more, no less......I don't remember gettin no respect or consideration just because I signed my name on a dotted line, or just because I told someone I was joining. Only consideration I got was a free bus ride to the yellow footprints !!
Barndog was right.......its the youngest MARINE, not the youngest civilian joining the Marines.....a kick in the azz by a DI is much more meaningful than 1000 pats on da back fer joining !! .........Poolee's ain't entitled to nothing....matter of fact, Marines ain't entitled to nothing except to wear the Eagle, Anchor and Globe if they got the cajones to earn it !! Just my 2 centavo's

Sixguns
10-10-02, 05:03 PM
You know I respect you both greatly. Remember, my only advocacy was for a poolee logo. I never promoted or endorsed any person disrespecting those that are Marines. Future Marines should be held to the same standards as those who are Marines. They need to live by our code, our ethos. Honor, Courage and Commitment are not buzz words, but a way of Marine Corps life. I don't expect you or anyone else to put up with disrespecting kids. I ask you to square them away as you have in the past. I would do the same thing.

There are some poolees who are not getting the proper leadership from their local Marines if they are coming in here to disrespect you all. That is not our fault, but we can fix that. Shame on the recruiter or NCOIC that allows a future Marine to talk as some have in posts here. Preparing Marines for training should include introduction to customs and courtesies associated with our Corps. I thank you for taking your time to help answer questions and educate the un-educated. You all have been a true asset to this site. Even when you discipline the unruly.

Most of you did not have such a thing as a Delayed Entry Program when you joined. The reason we have one is to motivate and prepare young men and women for the rigors of recruit training. Perhaps this is why some believe these kids rate no respect or identification associated with the Corps. I can't begin to tell you about the amount of hours or work our recruiters invest in finding, screening and enlisting these folks. Remember, these kids are free to choose there future careers. Some of us did not have that luxury either. The fact that they chose us is important. We need to reinforce every reason why they decided to be Marines, not give them reasons or cause to question it. Celebrate their decision by giving them a logo was my only suggestion.

Just as we have some unruly poolees, there are some Marines who do not create an atmosphere to foster respect here.

All I ever stated was to give them a logo. Please do not confuse that issue with condoning poolees to disrespect others.

SF,

firstsgtmike
10-10-02, 08:01 PM
AMEN!

Semper Fi

wrbones
10-10-02, 10:34 PM
We all know where we're at now! Seems like we got it sorted out.

I have the higest respect for you and others who currently wear the uniform of United States Marine.

It is my feeling and belief that the legend and myth of the United States Marine Corps has only just begun. It is through the efforst and sacrifice of you and and all of our Brothers who will bring this about through increased professionalism and training of those who join us or in the future contemplate a career in THIS band of brothers. As long as we maintain a fighting spirit, one which will not brook defeat in any form, we will be well. Our future lies with you and those to come. When the American people here the the Marines are on their way, they know that the job is in good hands. It has been this way for over a century, it will be this way for many more decades to come.

People like you and SgtT are the hope of our future. It is in good hands.

firstsgtmike
10-10-02, 11:22 PM
Bones,

AMEN! to that too.

Semper Fi

RoboRobinson17
11-08-02, 10:31 AM
Regardless,

I am proud of being a poolee, because it is the first step to the rest of my life.

USMC0811
11-08-02, 12:57 PM
I agree with a little of what all of you have said. For instance, pvt. only says pvt. and a poolee has a logo. It should only say poolee, but if that poolee does become a Marine, he/she will be stripped of there logo and be with nothing. I say let them have there fun now and have all there little thoughts of how they think Marine life is going to be since they have this website to fuel there imaginations and other neat things that there recruiter tells them, but the reality will hit them so hard, that a logo will be the very least of there concerns. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the Marine Corps is bad or anything, but it's not like what most people create in there minds before they become a Marine. God bless the Corps and all past, present and future Marines

AKAMarine23
11-11-02, 02:11 PM
Us poolees will soon earn the title Marine and all of you older Marines should know that it's going to be long and hard journey! I leave in January to MCRD Parris Island and I will graduate as platoon leader, that will show you all that I want to earn your respect as well as everyone elses!

I LOVE THE MARINE CORPS!

Static_Sky
11-11-02, 04:24 PM
Okay, I know I'm just a pos scumbag, and I've read through all the poss on this thread and I'd like to let ya'll know where I stand on this (not that it matters apparently) but because I didn't see many DEPpers posting. From my point of view, yeah okay I'm not a Marine, and I won't be for a while yet.
But isn't it God, Country, Corps? to me that says respect one another as humans first, countrymen second, and Marines third. now I think I'm at least civilized most of the time, I mean yeah we've all had our sh*tbag moments correct? but for the most part the poolees or DEPpers on here are good folks, and I know for a fact a few ppl who are not even Poolees yet who are busting tail trying to learn all the info you Marines want to teach them.
Now I may be way outta like here but I belive it was shaffer who told me I couldn't use the PVT avitar because I hadn't yet attained that rank. After he explained this to me I agreed, but by that same token I haven't started my 3 months of bootcamp so should I be refered to as a "puke"? I'm not sayin treat us like we've earned anything because we havent, all I am sayin is I think just outta common courtesy we Poolees should have something to denote us from the "friends" and others, if for nothing more then to feel welcome as a future member of a family we all call the Marines.
Course this is just my honest opinion and ya'll can take it fwiw but I really do appreciate all the help ya'll have givin me, and while I understand that some have not I don't see why the rest of us that are decent on posts and polite in chat shouldn't be recognised for our steps.
I think that if you do make a avitar for the poolees don't let them use it right away, wait 6 months for tem to prove their worth. But after you give them the avitar make it decent at least instead of some puke green slap in the face.

Like I said take it how you will

Joe