PDA

View Full Version : Kerry Concedes

Sparrowhawk
11-03-04, 11:05 AM
Kerry Calls Bush to Concede
Wednesday, November 03, 2004
By Liza Porteus

Sen. John Kerry has called President Bush to concede the 2004 race for the White House, FOX News has confirmed.

News late Wednesday morning of a Bush win in Nevada pushed the president over the 270 Electoral College (search) vote threshold he needed to win re-election, giving him a total of 274 votes. The president is expected to publicly speak at 3 p.m. EST.

"Congratulations, Mr. President," Kerry said in the conversation described to The Associated Press by sources as lasting less than five minutes. One of the sources was Republican, the other a Democrat.

The Democratic source said Bush called Kerry a worthy, tough and honorable opponent. Kerry told Bush the country was too divided, the source said, and Bush agreed. "We really have to do something about it," Kerry said according to the Democratic official.

The Massachusetts senator will meet with reporters around 1 p.m. EST at Faneuil Hall in Boston to make some sort of formal announcement about the future of his campaign.

News of the phone call came at 11:10 a.m. EST Wednesday. Earlier in the morning, the Bush campaign declared victory, despite claims by Kerry's campaign that the fight is not yet over in Ohio.

thedrifter
11-03-04, 11:13 AM
Time to put down those knives, and shake hands as Americans, and move forward.

Congrat's to Bush.....

Ellie

decuervo
11-03-04, 11:13 AM
Don't know how he thought he would have won anyway.

Sparrowhawk
11-03-04, 11:15 AM
http://vvakerry.bizland.com/logo.gif

Breaking News Story

Kerry has called back President Bush to say he has changed his mind and will fight till the last vote is counted.

In the latest of Kerry Flip-Flops, Kerry now says he didn't mean to concede but to only concede to the Florida vote, not to the whole presidential race.

John Edwards who was still campaigning in Ohio, echoed the same words a few minutes later.

"John Kerry and I have not conceded," Edwards said. It is only a Republican ploy to try to deceive us into conceding the race and my wife has already filed a lawsuit to prevent Bush from declaring himself a winner in this race, he added.

<hr>

ROTFLMAO

Sorry, Ellie couldn't help meself...:banana:

decuervo
11-03-04, 11:22 AM
Are you serious?

thedrifter
11-03-04, 11:24 AM
Cook I would not expect anything different from You.....;) :D

If not I will be sending You a Hot redhead nurse.....;)

Ellie

Sparrowhawk
11-03-04, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by thedrifter
Cook I would not expect anything different from You.....

If not I will be sending You a Hot redhead nurse.....

Ellie

AAAhhhh, I hate to be greedy, but

Can you make that two nurses?

and one does have to be a redhead, huuuummm.

wait......

Can you make that two hot redhead nurses and one dumb blonde?

:banana:

mrbsox
11-03-04, 11:47 AM
Looking at the WHOLE picture;

Not only are Kerry and Edwards NOT in the White House,
Their NOT in the Senate either :banana:

Ya'll start watching the "Will work for 'flip-flops'" section of the want ads.

It's a GOOD day to be an
AMERICAN

Namvet67
11-03-04, 11:53 AM
You got that right mrbsox...every day is a good day to be an AMERICAN. kERRY IS ABOUT TO SPEAK. CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR THIS.

radio relay
11-03-04, 12:48 PM
He'll be throwing his medals over the fence at the Whitehouse *again* at a big "media event" hosted by Dan Rather, and Walter Cronkite..... Film at eleven.

thedrifter
11-03-04, 01:00 PM
Kerry Campaign Party Turns to Tears and Bitterness
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By Marc Morano
CNSNews.com Senior Staff Writer
November 03, 2004

Boston (CNSNews.com) - As President George Bush edged closer to the 270 electoral votes necessary to secure re-election, supporters of Democratic nominee John Kerry openly wept and consoled each other at the Election Night celebration in Boston's Copley Square.

Some Kerry supporters called Bush's platform "all lies" and heckled a group of College Republicans who were passing through the crowd.

A distraught woman confronted Democratic U.S. Rep. Harold Ford in the lobby of the Fairmont Copley Plaza Hotel and screamed, "Can you tell me why everybody made a mistake?" Ford responded, "Let me talk to the candidate before I make a comment. It's been a long day."

Another woman standing near Ford began to openly weep at the prospect of a Kerry loss.

Former California Democratic governor Gray Davis spoke briefly with Ford and then essentially conceded the election to Bush and looked ahead to 2008.

"We owe it to the people that we represent to reassess and try and fix what went wrong and come back with a winning coalition and strategy four years from now and try to figure out a way to win the country back," Davis said.

When CNSNews.com asked why he had confidently predicted a Kerry victory just a few hours earlier, Davis responded, "I, like many people saw the exit polls, which saw Kerry ahead in every battleground state."

"We believed they were a precursor of a great evening," a somber Davis explained.

While Davis said he was "very proud of the campaign Kerry ran," he did criticize the party's efforts in southern states.

"Part of [winning the White House] is certainly not writing off the South. It's too big a part of America just to concede to the other party and expect to win," Davis said.

Davis praised Bush's re-election campaign.

"The president has worked hard for his re-election since the moment he got to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue," Davis said. "He is surrounded by very smart people, they are very good practitioners of the art of politics," he added.

'It's all lies'

Meanwhile, outside Kerry's Copley Square rally, a contingent of College Republicans from Northeastern University marched through the sea of Kerry supporters and got heckled.

"You vote for Bush, you get what you deserve," shouted Kerry supporter Bob Bryant to the GOP contingent.

"Bush has put forward a platform that people tend to believe even though it's all lies. Bush is dishonest; he is not being honest with the American people," Bryant said.

Another man shouted to the Republicans "This is why the rest of the world calls us ignorant Americans. You obviously don't read the newspapers or you would not believe as you do."

A woman, unhappy the Republicans were there, screamed, "someone shut up those idiots.'

Brian Henchey, one of the College Republicans marching through the crowd told CNSNews.com that he had "never seen more sad and depressed faces in my life than what I have seen here in Copley Square tonight."

"I think our president is a strong man, he is a strong leader. He is what this country needs," said Megan, one of the GOP marchers.

Kerry supporters from Ireland weighed in on why they believe Bush will likely be re-elected.

"It clarifies the fact that American people aren't so smart. If I could, I would have voted for Kerry," said the woman.

Ellie

Sparrowhawk
11-03-04, 01:26 PM
There was a bitter fight in the re-writing of Kerry's concession speech this morning according to informed sources within the Kerry campaign.

Taken from Kerry's speech, was a reference to Hillary Clinton, that she had asked Kerry to include, because she had campaigned for him.

http://www.kerrydeck.com/images/hillary_150.jpg

Hillary was seen stumping out of the Kerry residence, early this morning vowing to win in 2008 with or without Kerry's help. Hillary told her 2008 campaign manager and long time lover Janet Reno, that together they would prevail where Kerry and edwards had failed.

Official Hillary Clinton for President of the United States web site 2008 (http://www.hillary.org/)

Already the Hollywood movie stars, were lining up in support of Hillary. The first one to call in her support of Hillary was Ellen Degenerate and Whoopie Goldberg.:banana:

Sorry, I can't help meself today!!!

yellowwing
11-03-04, 02:05 PM
Congratulations to winning a long tough campaign. A solid victory is good for America.

And, okay, I guess Sparrow Hawk deserves two redheaded nurses!

Phantom Blooper
11-03-04, 02:37 PM
Gainesville, FL - In an effort to win votes, in the critical swing state of
Florida, the Kerry/Edwards team has volunteered to replace fired coach Ron
Zook for the remainder of the season.

"When I played football as a young man in Vietnam, I did not hesitate to
beat the Bulldogs and I won't now. Floridians are tired of this failed Zook
administration. They continued to call the wrong play at the wrong time in
the wrong game. It's time for them to come clean with this Gator nation."

When asked what he would do differently, however, the senator replied "I
would have done everything differently. I would have recruited the same
players and called the same plays, but other than that I would have done
everything differently. We should not have tried to go it alone against
Mississippi State. The Zook administration has failed us.

"In fact, I actually voted to go for the two point conversion before I voted
against it."

Problems immediately arose, however at their first practice on Monday. When
a player was hurt and taken to the hospital, offensive coordinator John
Edwards unexplainably chased the ambulance out of the stadium. It is unclear
what his motives were, but was reported as saying "No longer will there be
two Gator nations. No longer will there be winners and losers at these
football games. We will ensure that every player is a winner."

The coach would not lay out specific ideas about how to turn around the
season for the Gators, but ensured everyone that he "has a plan." He insists
it involves improving the strength and conditioning program over several
years, but just recently he has voted to cut funding for the weight lifting
equipment by over 6 billion dollars. However, he's going to upgrade other
facilities by raising ticket prices only for those who contribute over $2000
per year. Other details of his "plan" have not yet been revealed.

But, at least he's not Ron Zook.

thedrifter
11-03-04, 02:50 PM
http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=nurse/v=2/SID=e/l=IVS/SIG=11o3lvdh4/*-http%3A//www.epbdolls.com/images/characters/nurse.jpg

Phantom Blooper
11-05-04, 06:32 AM
We at Carnival Cruise Lines: didn't forget that a lot of entertainers had promised to leave the country if George W.Bush were to be re-elected President.

With that in mind, we have a Special Offer for those who still want to keep their promise!

Attention: Would Alec Baldwin, Rosie O'Donnell and her wife, Ed Asner, Janeane Garafalo, Whoppi Goldberg, Al Franken, Michael Moore and his personal groomer, Cher and her vocal therapist, Phil Donahue, Rob Reiner(apparently still a "meathead"), Barbara Streisand (who has a nose for these outcomes), Jane Fonda, Vietnamese Ambassador to the U.S., Pierre Salinger, as well as the entire staffs of the LA and NY Times and anyone else who made that promise, please dispose of all US assets and report to Florida for the sailing of the Funship Cruise, "Elation," which has been commissioned to take you to your new vacation homes in Afghanistan.

You may opt to be dropped off in Somalia or Iraq.

The Florida Supreme Court will sponsor a Farewell Parade in your honor through Palm Beach, Broward, and Miami-Dade counties prior to your cruise.

Please pack for an extended stay... at least four more years.

Note: Since you advocate strict gun control, you may not bring any, but then with Jane Fonda along you won't need any.

Staffing your voyage is Bill Clinton as captain, Al Gore as cruise director, Grey Davis, Purser Terry Heinz Kerry hopefully will be kept somewhere below decks away from the media.

Monica Lewinsky as the "Cigar and Cigarette Girl",

Entertainment by the Dixie Chicks and Bruce Springsteen, John Kerry will be our Life Guard in consideration of his past experience in pulling people out of the water. (Unless he decides at the last minute not to go) He is advocating the ellimination of the game "shuffleboard" in favor of his new game he calls "waffleboard". Be sure to pack your flip flops as you will need them! while playing.

Ted Kennedy will double as Bartender and Director of Emergency Procedures and as a buoy as required.

Rev. Al Sharpton will provide inspirational services, and Ex-Congressman Gary Condit as intern coordinator.

If you have any questions about making arrangements for your homes, friends and loved ones, please direct your comments to Senator Hillary Clinton. Her village, paid for by the United States, can raise your children while you're gone, and she can watch over all your money and your furnishings until you return.

"Bon Voyage!"

Is this a great country or what? It's called freedom of Speech.

Note: I don't know who wrote this but they forgot about Jessie Jackson! I'm sure he'd want to go also.....
:banana: