PDA

View Full Version : Voter Turnout

Sgted
11-02-04, 07:43 PM
The campaign for President 2004 has been long and stressful at times.
When all is said and done one major positive figure will be the number of citizens who registered for the first time and the number of people who went to the polls to practice their civil duty.
I just heard (8:30 pm eastern) that the Pittsburg, PA polls are extending poll closings to 9:30 pm because the lines are so long.

This may go down in history as the largest turnout of voters ever.
Good news.

HardJedi
11-02-04, 07:48 PM
I read an article today that syggested maybe a large turnout was a BAD thing.

It said that most of the time, people don't show up because we are at peace, and there are no major issues to be fought over, so people just go along with their lives.

it said whenever we have big turnouts, it's because the country is in danger.

not sure if i agree. I think it's ALWAYS good to have as many voices heard as possible. ( long as they agree with me, of course LOL )

yellowwing
11-02-04, 07:51 PM
King Jedi! All Hail. :(

thedrifter
11-02-04, 07:55 PM
Most of Pa...is extended the hours....folks still in line.....

Ellie

HardJedi
11-02-04, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by yellowwing
King Jedi! All Hail. :(

NAH! I wanna be Emporer of the known Universe! Better benefits ;)

( i was kidding about everyone needing to agree with me Yellowwing)

Osotogary
11-02-04, 08:12 PM
Heck, I voted in a Senior Citizens Community Center. The line was starting to get so long that some of the people continued forming the line into the Senior Citizen recreation room. The voting officials started to really get uptight with he said, she said, yes you can , no you can't, it's not permitted, oh yes it is permitted when all of a sudden I said out loud, "Anybody for Bingo?" The whole place became silent and then everybody laughed. It broke the tension and we then had to reposition the voting line to get out of the recreation room. At 1800 hours the line was getting longer and longer. The voting station closed at 1900 but if you were in line you got to vote. I believe Dade and Broward Counties will not release their votes until everyone has voted.

yellowwing
11-02-04, 08:19 PM
"i was kidding about everyone needing to agree with me Yellowwing" - GOTCHA! :banana: :D