PDA

View Full Version : Mos 8154

yurkonis05
11-01-04, 10:06 PM
ok well heres the deal. my recruiter and i where talking about MP and MCSF. well the problem was i need to retest so i went and retested and i got a overall 41 which was a big improvement from the...

HardJedi
11-01-04, 10:26 PM
you are already a PFC? how it that? have you been to bootcamp already?

MCSF, if your recruiter told you it's like being an MP, he is stretching the truth a bit.

if you go MCSF, you are a GRUNT with a security clearance, at least, for 18 months you are. THEN you are sent to a line unit.

as for FAST Co., as far as I know, there are no gaurentees you will get that after infantry school. they will send you to where you are needed, and that MIGHT not be FAST.

HardJedi
11-01-04, 10:30 PM
WAIT A SECOND! I just looked at your profile kid. you are not a Marine, and you need to take that PFC chevron off of your profile ASAP! not to sound harsh, but you aren't a Marine YET! and you do NOT rate to have it anywhere near your name. so please, out of respect for people who HAVE earned it, remove it now please. then we can continue .

thedrifter
11-01-04, 10:31 PM
I sent You an email...I would recommend you to read it.

The Drifter's Wife

Ellie

yurkonis05
11-01-04, 11:00 PM
hey sorry my buddy helped me out with signing up and i didnt know that he put that there...cause i didnt know what that box was. sorry guys :-\

thedrifter
11-01-04, 11:02 PM
For Removal of Rank

Go to the top of page where you see the big blue Tabs
Underneath them you will see User CP click on that

Then go to edit options, scroll down to the bottom which you will see Avatar . You can pick poolee or/ flag..

then click the submit modifactions

yurkonis05
11-01-04, 11:04 PM
did i get it right???sorry again....

HardJedi
11-01-04, 11:06 PM
much better, now, anymore qeustions you'd like to know about MCSF? I spent 21 months in that billet.

yurkonis05
11-01-04, 11:09 PM
what does it consist of like daily life etc. is there any action and such or just guarding a gate? is it possible to get into FAST or CQB? tell a lil more about those kind of things please.

HardJedi
11-01-04, 11:14 PM
Forthe most part, MCSF is standing there gaurding assets vital to national security. we used to do a week on duty, a week training and then back on duty. Duty consisted of a rotating watch you would stand twice a day. and twice a day you owuld be part of a reactionary force. you learn CQb as a part of MCSF without being in Fast Co.

like i said, after 18 months of that, you go to a grunt unit. MCSF is a secondary billit that an 0300 fills, for the most part.

and as for action? well, during training, sure. standing watch? you don't WANT action there, trust me.

dogtags77536
11-02-04, 12:13 AM
hello ellie, sorry to hear about the drifter

snipowsky
11-02-04, 01:02 AM
Good luck getting into FAST Co., I tried for four years while I was in the Infantry. Only the lucky and those with certain ties go to FAST. Other then that, doesn't hurt to try, but like HardJedi said you first have to join the Grunts. Even then you can't be gauranteed it.

But you can be gauranteed MCSF. Then after you serve with them, you will come to a Victor unit, and from what I seen in the FMF most (NOT ALL) MCSF Marines hated being in the FMF. Most of them couldn't hack it very well, but not all were like that. Can't say I really blamed them, because being in the Infantry is no joke! It's like being at SOI everyday! Even some days I hated it. If you aren't mentally and physically tough in the Infantry you will be weeded out!

cjwright90
11-02-04, 07:46 AM
Jedi, are you counting Guam NAVMAG as MCSF? If so, than I did that too Yurkoni5-got shot at...

HardJedi
11-02-04, 08:43 AM
ok CJ, the Boonie Huntes on Guam WOULD take a shot at you from time to time. but usually only the tower posts.

Namvet67
11-02-04, 09:22 AM
yurkonis05...You came to the right place to get your questions answered however....you are getting ahead of yourself. You still have to qualify as a Marine 1st...The way you think now is NOT THE SAME as you will think if you make it out of bootcamp. The Corps will know what is best for you and best for the Corps. Good luck!

yurkonis05
11-02-04, 10:40 AM
hmm so what im seeing is that this is basically an infantary job eh???eather just standing guard somewhere or fighting on the front lines. is it possible to do like the embassy duty or things like that.

yurkonis05
11-02-04, 10:43 AM
can the corps change my MOS when i get outta BMT

Namvet67
11-02-04, 10:55 AM
All Marines are infantry. Some stay and some go on to other MOS positions that are more suitable. The Corps can do pretty much what they want with you. If you are qualified...you can request a change in MOS. The Marine Corps trys to put Marines where they show the most promise. For example...if you score high in math..you might be assigned to 08 fire direction...so forth and so on.

yurkonis05
11-02-04, 10:57 AM
ok thanks. im going to see my recruiter tonite in fact. is there anything you guys recomend me asking him about MCSF or anything like that?

Namvet67
11-02-04, 11:03 AM
You will probably get more open and honest answers here than you will from the recruiter. His job is to get you enlisted. The Drill Instructors will do the rest. You need to get it straight in your mind as to why and how you will become a Marine.

Namvet67
11-02-04, 11:09 AM
One more thing...get a copy of the Marine Corps 11 General Orders and learn it.

yurkonis05
11-02-04, 11:31 AM
ok...i have all my DEP Welcome Aboard Package and it came w/ a book that has the 11 GO ,the 6 article ,the MC Misson, BD...which is next week lol...and ranking system and all that good stuff so i have been studyin that quite regulary it work out nicely b/c my AH/G teacher was a marine so after class he drills me on my GO and if i dont get them correct i have to do 10 push ups. but thanks for ur help sir. im also in the Civil Air Patrol its the Auxiliary to the AF sorta like young Marines but we do SAR and things like that i currently for the rank of 1st SGT so i already have a leg up on some of this stuff.

Namvet67
11-02-04, 11:33 AM
Sounds like you are a fine young man and you should do well in the Marine Corps. Keep us posted.

yurkonis05
11-02-04, 01:02 PM
is SOI the same as MCT?

Sgt Morales, AM
11-02-04, 01:40 PM
SOI is school of Infantry. This is the MOS school for 0300 fields. MCT is Marine combat training. All marines with Non-combat MOS's must go. It is 17 days long, unlike SOI which much longer. SOI is a more detailed combat training and MCT is a crash course.

HardJedi
11-02-04, 01:49 PM
If you sign up with the MCSF option you WILL, NO QUESTIONS, go to infantry school. Your primary MOS will be in the 0300 feild. MCSF is a SECONDARY billet.

As for Embassy duty? That is ALSO a seconday billet, and you have to go through MSG school. You can apply to that once you get to your permanent duty station, if I am not mistaken.

As for what you should ask? your recruiter? well, that depends on what you really want to do.

oh and infantry school is 8 weeks long, or at least it used to be. not sure if it's changed or not.

Namvet67
11-02-04, 01:55 PM
It was called ITR (infantry training regiment) when I was in. It was 2 weeks long for all except 03 MOS and they got 4 weeks. I got your e-mail Yurkonis and I sent you a reply.

cjwright90
11-02-04, 02:42 PM
Jedi-NAVMAG Guam MI-main gate at the top of the hill. Drive by drunken locals popped of a couple rounds at the shack. Forty five on right hip, ammo on left. Locked and loaded before I hit the ground. Called a Security alert on myself. Yeah, buddy-two minutes 30 angry Jarheads with machine guns surrounding my location!