PDA

View Full Version : Oakley glasses for Golf 2/5 in Iraq

Jenni Doyle
11-01-04, 11:20 AM
My name is Jenni Doyle and my son 1st Lt. Dennis Doyle is the XO of Golf Company 2nd Battalion Fifth Regiment First Marines out of Camp Pendleton. One of his Platoon Commanders Rex Laceby was injured due to shrapnel in the face and sent home to recover. His uncle has started the following non profit to get Ballistic lens Oakley glasses for the Marines. Any help would be appreciated.
Jenni Doyle
jdoyle24@cox.net

Welcome to MissionRex.Info
Mission Statement
My name is Don Piccard. I enlisted in the United States Marine Corps on December 10th 1943 and served in the Army, Navy and Air Force, both during WWII and during the Korean Crisis. Now my grand nephew Rex is a Marine Corps Infantry Officer that was deployed to Iraq in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom. On September 20th, 2004 he was shot by one of the many terrorists that our military continues to hunt down in the labyrinth of streets, alleys and dark mazes. The bullet hit his weapon as he was looking through his scope. On the moment of impact he lost all vision, heard a loud gun shot, felt a burst of heat on his face and firing hand, and was knocked down on the roof top from where he was observing the town below.
All he was able to do was give the warning about the sniper to the north to his marines and then pray that the blood that was oozing out of his face and hand could be stopped and that he would be able to see his loving wife Ashley and son Tyler again.
The bullet hit Rex’s weapon in such a manner that dozens of pieces of shrapnel entered his face and right hand. The shrapnel consisted of scalding metal fragments from the bullet and his weapon as well as glass from his scope. His nose was broken and damage was done to his skull directly below his right eye. Several pieces of shrapnel went below his personal ballistic sunglasses he was wearing and broke through his nasal passages and severed the left optic nerve. Rex will never regain vision in that eye. The remainder of the right side of his face was peppered with shrapnel, except for the outline of the sunglasses. His beloved sunglasses, that he has had for years, took the brunt of the fire and metal that would have certainly otherwise left him forever completely blind. His right hand was also peppered with shrapnel and, as he said, "Looked like bloody hamburger".
Presently, Rex continues to recover and hopes to be allowed to return to his Marines and his unit as soon as released. After numerous surgeries, skin grafts and removal of shrapnel out of his head and hand, he is actually feeling great and is adjusting to having only one eye. We are so thankful that his right hand is slowly regaining use and his right eye was spared from the onslaught of hot metal and glass. We are also so glad he was wearing that ballistic eye protection! (On a ski trip to Colorado before his Iraq deployment, his uncle Bill kidded him about his fancy-pants sunglasses. Bill takes that all back now.) We will be grateful for your joining us and seeing that as many as possible of his Marines and Navy Corpsmen are wearing this superb eye protection.
This is where “MISSION REX” comes into play.
“MISSION REX” is my mission to raise money and purchase the same kind of glasses Rex was wearing. Our marines are in harm's way at this very second. Hundreds of our young marines and sailors (their beloved Medical Corpsman) patrol the streets of Iraq with the ever-present danger of improvised explosive devices (IED's), roadside bombs, and snipers at this very moment. We will use your generous donations to purchase the same kind of dark glasses he was wearing, as well as clear lenses for those dark interiors, so our Marines can have that outstanding eye protection at night and during reduced visibility.
The glasses are durable, give the most protection and visibility, they are small enough to fit comfortable under the Marines helmets, they don’t fog up, and they can use them with their night vision goggles. I don't, for security purposes, know the exact number of Marines in his Battalion at this time, but there are hundreds. (See http://www.golfcompany25.com/, Rex is seated second from the left.) I will be so grateful that patriotic Americans, such as you, are willing to help them out while they risk, not only their eyesight, but their very lives. Our enlisted men just can't afford this necessity themselves. The retail price of the glasses we want is well over $100 each, but we have arranged a special price from the preferred manufacturer. We will even be able to furnish prescription lenses for Rex's comrades that need them.
Please scroll to the page bottom for instant donation button. The funds will be processed by the XAP Foundation LTD, the not for profit corporation formed in the State of Minnesota as a 501 (c) (3) corporation for the management of my eXtreme Altitude Project at no cost to MissionRex. (See www.Piccard.Info ) Your accountant can advise you about the tax effects of your support.
Thank you for your support,
Don Piccard
The purpose of Rex's mission is to get eye protection for
2d Battalion, 5th Marines
Rex Laceby is back home with Ashley, doing well and really raring to get BACK TO IRAQ.
We need ballistic glasses with dark, clear and prescription lenses for everybody. Click on the link below to make an instant free donation. (Pay Pal is the most economical way for us to raise the funds.)
Don Piccard, MissionRex XO

Please note that XAP Foundation LTD does not accept donations through PayPal for its eXtreme Altitude Project. (www.Piccard.Info) All funds donated here through PayPal can only be disbursed directly from PayPal to Oakley and only for Rex Laceby's account, specifically for glasses and shipping to Golf Company in Iraq. Don
Thank You, God Bless You and God Bless the U.S.A.
SEMPER FI

snipowsky
11-02-04, 04:20 AM
These are the kind of Oakley's I have. http://oakley.com/catalog/eyewear/m_frame/

Very superb glasses. I use them everytime I go to the range and I love them.

If the link above didn't work, here it is again.

http://www.golfcompany25.com/

cjwright90
11-02-04, 06:52 AM
Who would have thought a pair of sun glasses could save your life?

Jenni Doyle
11-02-04, 12:17 PM
I sure hope they get enough money for all the Marines to get a pair.