PDA

View Full Version : Redskins lose, so Kerry should win

snipowsky
10-31-04, 06:02 PM
LANDOVER, Md. (AP) -- John Kerry supporters have a welcome omen for their candidate: The Green Bay Packers defeated the Washington Redskins on Sunday.

If history holds, the 28-14 result portends a victory for Kerry on Tuesday because the result of the Redskins' final home game before the presidential election has always accurately predicted the White House winner. If the Redskins win, the incumbent party wins. If they lose, the incumbent party is ousted.

``Oh, yeah, he's going to win. It's guaranteed,'' said Packers safety Darren Sharper, a Kerry supporter. ``I don't have to vote now. Don't even have to go to the polls. Saved me a trip on Tuesday.''

The streak began in 1933, when the Boston Braves were renamed the Redskins. Since then, beginning with Franklin Roosevelt's re-election in 1936, the trend has held, including a 2000 Redskins loss to the Tennessee Titans that predicted George W. Bush's win over Al Gore.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-redskinspoliltics&prov=ap&type=lgns

HardJedi
10-31-04, 08:47 PM
DAMN the redskins anyway! ARRRG!

thedrifter
10-31-04, 08:53 PM
I'm a Packers Fan......Nothing will change my mind for the election....

Ellie

ivalis
10-31-04, 09:18 PM
if sharper is a wisconsin voter he better get his butt to the polls.

gonna be a barnburner of an election.

i suspect Bush will use the oft maligned "trial attorneys" to "win" another one.

HardJedi
10-31-04, 09:21 PM
and that means what exactly?

ivalis
10-31-04, 09:33 PM
the prez/gop bad mouths trial attorneys. interesting in that it took the gop trial attorneys and a republican supreme court to steal the election in 2000.

HardJedi
10-31-04, 09:37 PM
ahhh. gotcha. well, win at all costs. or, as my beloved father taught me, " cheat to win, and start a fight if you lose " LOL :D

ivalis
10-31-04, 09:44 PM
jedi, sounds like the gop game plan. worked last time. Hitler was legally elected.

HardJedi
10-31-04, 09:48 PM
hell yeah! and to think, my father is a liberal democrat. go figure.

Arlene Horton
10-31-04, 10:18 PM
Well, I don't believe in "jinxes" or anything like what they are peddling about the winner of the election for prez. It all depends on the voters getting off their duffs & casting their votes for the man they want to lead this country for the next 4 years. In any case, whichever one wins will have the support of the men & women who make that promise in the recruiting office. Semper Fi and get out and VOTE!

HardJedi
10-31-04, 10:20 PM
hmmnnn not sure about that Arlene. whoever wins may have the OBEDIENCE of the troops, but that is a FAR cry from support ;)

snipowsky
11-01-04, 01:03 AM
I didn't support Bill Clinton, but I served under him! I just didn't serve him like Monica did! Speaking of fat girls, I wonder what she's been up too? Bill must have been really desperate for sure!

kentmitchell
11-01-04, 05:21 AM
Oh well, we survived Jimmy Carter

Sgtj
11-01-04, 06:23 AM
enough said. Although I still believe in Bush.

OLE SARG
11-01-04, 09:14 AM
With john foreskin kerry's pseudo-military background and his god-damn do-nothing record in the Senate, I can't believe anybody with anything to do with the military would vote for the traitor, lying, jane fonda loving SOB. He's a joke and just can't keep his lies straight. And his amos and andy side-kick edwards is like a giggly kid seeing his pee-pee for the first time - and you want that s&%#head running the country if a gooooooood shooter should take out foreskin. You guys need to do a little more reading and find out the REAL TRUTH about kerry!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI
OLE SARG

yellowwing
11-01-04, 09:45 AM
The Planets Have Made Up Their Mind: Kerry Wins
Fri Oct 29,11:05 AM ET
NEW DELHI (Reuters) (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=573&e=7&u=/nm/astrologers_dc)
Surveys in the United States may be showing the race for president as too close to call but top Indian astrologers say the planets have clearly made up their mind: John Kerry will win.

Planets governing President Bush are eclipsed and in an uncomfortable position, making his tenure controversial and his re-election bid unsuccessful, the soothsayers said on Friday, four days before the vote.

On the other hand, the planets of Democratic challenger Senator John Kerry were in the ascendant, ensuring him success in competitions.

"Saturn, which is the lord of health and fortune for President Bush, has been eclipsed by the Sun, which is unfortunate and gives him a clear defeat," Lachhman Das Madan, editor of a popular astrology magazine, told Reuters.

"Kerry will win," said Madan, who is also known as "the emperor of astrologers." "It is cosmic writ that George W. Bush cannot become president of United States again."

Of course it could mean that if both candidates are playing cards while waiting for the official tally, Kerry will win his card game and Bush won't.

Namvet67
11-01-04, 11:35 AM
Kerry don't have a chance in hell. The astrologers are full of bull.

hrscowboy
11-01-04, 11:45 AM
gbudd dont count your chickens before they hatch brother this is going to be a barn burner election. My 87 year old grandmother is a staunch democrate but she is not voting for kerry she has said to me that when your dealt 2 lemons you need to vote for the Yeller dog.. I guess shes going to write in Yeller Dog hell who knows...

GunnyL
11-01-04, 02:03 PM
I wouldn't count on the usual pundits and superstitions this year. All of my Liberal Democrat in-laws in Massachusetts are voting for Bush! My wife was a Democrat when I married her and she voted Republican Ticket! I didn't even do that. Damn I'm good!!!! And I can assure you that without exception you will not find one Kerry sign in my neighborhood and that's without anybody out stealing them. It's going to be an interesting night tomorrow for sure though.