PDA

View Full Version : Leatherneck.com Reunion

drillinstructor
10-30-04, 10:39 AM
Damn we need a leatherneck.com reunion...a lot of interesting Marines, veterans and just crazy people I would love to sit down and have a beer with............

thedrifter
10-30-04, 10:43 AM
Will do have one, which is usually in DC...in May....

We should be getting started soon, to make plans for next year....
Need to talk over with the webmaster(Jerry), and a dear friend(Freebird), and I will just take my husbands place.

Ellie

Osotogary
10-30-04, 01:05 PM
It would be a pleasure for me to meet and intermingle with the pulse of this website. I know that the logistics of preparing, setting up, co-ordinating and actually attending this reunion would be taxing , to say the least, but perhaps it could be done through the internet. Pictures submitted by one and all and a toast or two or three ....or four............etc. LOL.
Great idea drillinstructor.

marinemom
10-30-04, 03:15 PM
Since I live across the river - I guess whoever shows up has to deal with Miss Ellie and me........be afraid...be very afraid.

JAMarine already has dibs on my spare bedroom, lol

Phantom Blooper
10-30-04, 05:05 PM
STAND BACK FROM Marinemom! BACK AWAY VERY SLOWLY! KEEP YOUR HANDS AND ALL OTHER EXTEMITIES WHERE I CAN SEE THEM! I SAID,STAND BACK or is that BY?:) :marine:

marinemom
10-30-04, 06:37 PM
Phantom Blooper - that's one....................

LivinSoFree
10-30-04, 07:49 PM
Any room for a 20 year old boot PFC at this party?

drillinstructor
10-30-04, 08:31 PM
I have an Rv sleeps 9.........DC in May.....wow would be nice.....what do I need to bring?

HardJedi
10-31-04, 03:26 AM
SWEET MONKEY JESUS! Just let me know a month or so ahead of time, and i'll be there :) ( though I might need to room woth someone) us 32 year old Students just don't make much money ;)

yellowwing
10-31-04, 05:14 AM
I've seriously tried twice to be student. I just could not get over not making real money. $250 a week delivering pizzas just not compare to $600+ a week doing a serious job.

I had a Sergeant roommate that let me into his reasoning of completed a degree. "My 4 year degree shows employers that I know how to learn."

I just can't get over having to feed my wife Kraft Dinner and weiners while I take English 101.

But I know I have the resources to go to DC in May! Let me know!

mrbsox
10-31-04, 08:46 AM
You all know I'm in.... rooming is not a problem.

Dates, .... need dates (NOT that kind hjedi), we need dates to book a motel room.

If anybody has contact with CAS, see if she can set up the evening parade again.

Operation 'Mail Bag' may soon be underway.

Terry

HardJedi
10-31-04, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by mrbsox

Dates, .... need dates (NOT that kind hjedi), we need dates to book a motel room.

Terry

DANG! people are getting to know me too well on here!:banana:

jinelson
10-31-04, 12:05 PM
Hot Dang, I have to go to Newark New Jersey to conduct an audit for my employer in May so I could time the audit with the reunion and let my way too rich employer pay some of the air fare. Wow it would be great to hang out with the fine brothers and sisters of this website. I gotta meet LivinSoFree he's gotta be something, the Pfc who dines with colonals.

Semper Fi
Jim

LivinSoFree
10-31-04, 01:49 PM
If you Marines need a contact for the evening parade, I'm pretty sure I can get a Master Chief Corpsman that I used to work for to hook us up... let me know.

FREEBIRD
10-31-04, 07:23 PM
I always plan a Weekend, which is Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday in Dc in May for the "Drifter and Freebird" Leatherneck.com Reunion.
Now comes the tricky part.......I also go to DC the last weekend in May for Rolling Thunder, Tribute to Vietnam's Fallen Hero's "Ride to the Wall" About 400,000 Motor cycles usually show up and thousands of people. So...... We have to plan a couple of weeks ahead of that if you want a room, I strongly suggest we look at the calendar and find the first weekend in may thats good for everybody or the most who can make it, and we also start planning now. Rooms in DC are hard to get unless you make prior arrangements and early.
Colleen usually finds us a good motel with great rates and a banquete room for a party on Saturday nite. I hope she will read this and get started on it soon.
Anyway we have something to look at now, MarineMom we may need your help this year if you have time with the motel and Banquete room, I think Colleen may have moved out of the area...not sure.
Please, anybody that has plans to attend, e-mail me at FREEBIRD6976@aol.com
Thanks to alll...........
Semper Fie,

drillinstructor
11-01-04, 10:06 PM
Dang I cant make it in May...I pick up a bunch of Nastys on the 20th of this month.....will graduate them in Feb and then take a little break and hit it again..Oh well maybe another one will come I can attend...I am not like some of the old timers on here. I am still active and find it harder and harder to get away. You all know I am on the Marine Corps Need schedule and I love it.......Have fun all if it goes.....DI

femalemarine_89
11-30-04, 11:22 AM
It would be awsome to be able to be there. there is only one problem though.. I am all the way over in Washington state and we are not taking leave time until June.. This sucks. But when I get to virginia it is going to make it soo much easier to make it there... Save room in that RV for us drill.

jgorosco
11-30-04, 11:31 AM
Would like to attend the big gathering of the worlds EMORTALS. I have a reason to take my wife out on vacation now. Put me on an email list for further info jgorosco@yahoo.com

femalemarine_89
11-30-04, 11:39 AM
Ya'll should take pictures at the gathering and have them put on the site.. that way for those of us who cant make it will be able to see the pictures and enjoy :D

mrbsox
11-30-04, 12:47 PM
http://www.leatherneck.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=536&thumb=1

Terry

femalemarine_89
11-30-04, 01:40 PM
Thats awsome.. thanks for sharing the pictures. You all look like you had one hell of a time there. Would love to be a part of it sometime. I sure hope to make it to one of them at least. You all are great..
SEMPER FI..

LivinSoFree
12-02-04, 11:55 AM
Man, that looks like an awesome time... maybe I'll be lucky enough to make it to one of these soon!

Namvet67
12-02-04, 12:22 PM
Sounds like a party to me...thanks for bringing this subject up drillinstructor...I enjoy your posts...it's good to hear from active duty Marines...I wonder how many members (Marine active & retired) we have on this site.

airframesguru
12-02-04, 02:40 PM
Can't wait. Ribs anyone?

femalemarine_89
12-02-04, 04:37 PM
Man I so wish that I was able to go.. Just too much going on with being all the way on the west coast, and not knowing what is going to happen with my dad.. just too much to handle right now..

Sgt Morales, AM
12-02-04, 04:41 PM
DC in May??? Hum...sounds like fun, maybe even trouble if Sparrowhawk goes.

femalemarine_89
12-02-04, 04:44 PM
LOL I hear ya on that one Sgt. If you go you will have to give me the scoop on it.. hehehe

mrbsox
01-10-05, 11:33 AM
Bump....
Time to start making plans.

Lets finalize this :marine:

I think during the time of Memorial day is way too busy. We don't want to be fighting crowds, restaurats, parking, etc.

Terry

jinelson
01-10-05, 11:40 AM
Good idea mrbsox I have been wondering about this too, I have even asked some of the other members if they knew anything. I need a date so that I can make it coincide with an audit that I have to conduct in New Jersey.

Jim

thedrifter
01-10-05, 12:19 PM
Contacted Freebird....

Told to get his Blank in here....;) :D
We need his input....

Ellie

FREEBIRD
01-10-05, 09:38 PM
Ok, I'm here already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the deal..........
First weekend in May, 2005 Thurs, fri, Sat, and leave on sunday
All who can make it, E-mail Me at Freebird6976@aol.com or just let us know on this site so we can get a head count, I'll find a close motel and post it soon so you can make reservations.
I'll contact Cas and see what she can do for us.
Let me know if this date works for ya!!!
Sempers,
Freebird

garryh123
01-10-05, 09:45 PM
I'm just a po boy on short term disability.....don't know if I can make it.....sh*t i'll sleep in my car! LOL...would luv to meet all the Leatherneck.com people...Marine or Marine supporters!

thedrifter
01-10-05, 10:00 PM
Some folks to bunk up.....

We just need to find out who.....

Ellie

And My Room is taken.....LOL

garryh123
01-10-05, 10:18 PM
You just shatered my dreams Elliie! LOL

garryh123
01-10-05, 10:20 PM
Love you like my sisters Ellie!

Phantom Blooper
01-11-05, 05:13 AM
garryh123,
Love you like my sisters Ellie! How far away is Grove City,Ohio from the West Virginia line? LOL! S/F Chuck Hall:)

thedrifter
01-11-05, 06:33 AM
A Love All of You as A Brother....but You are still not bunking with me...;) :D
I don't like being kicked out of bed:lick:

Mike the date sounds good to me...
So I'm good to go for that date...

Sound off...

Ellie

Me
Pam

mrbsox
01-11-05, 06:47 AM
Searching the calendar to verify some time.

I can 'buddyup' with some one, and will rent a mini-van like last time for get arounds.

airframesguru
01-11-05, 07:57 AM
I am in the area (work in DC live in Northern VA) Let me know if I can help.

gwladgarwr
01-11-05, 08:36 AM
I live in Manassas, so I'll try to make it (unless I have duty that weekend.)

thedrifter
01-11-05, 10:56 AM
Thanks...for the help...

We will all be happy to see you there

Ellie

LivinSoFree
01-11-05, 11:03 AM
Blast... got finals for Spring 2005 semester that weekend... it'll be a h*ll of a party I'm sure though!

thedrifter
01-11-05, 05:32 PM
We can't hear You....

Sound off....

Ellie

Toby M
01-11-05, 06:53 PM
I'd give anything to be able to go but I am heading for Alaska for three weeks in June. I'll be fishing the Kenai. If I get that 50 pound Salmon I hope to catch, I will post a picture...

Timber
01-11-05, 07:18 PM
First weekend in may... gotta burn some leave too can't think of a better time.

HardJedi
01-11-05, 07:42 PM
i'll TRY and make it, kinda tentative right now, but would love to go!

thedrifter
01-12-05, 07:43 AM
Bump....

Ellie

airframesguru
01-12-05, 10:09 AM
May is still a go?

thedrifter
01-12-05, 10:11 AM
Yes...Folks in the area are able to catch up with us anytime they can...

After we start making arrangements of what we are doing we will post them...

Ellie

FREEBIRD
01-12-05, 07:51 PM
Just to make sure of the date:
The first full weekend in may is Thursday May 5th, Friday May 6th, Saturday May 7th and Sunday May 8th
I plan to be there on Friday nite for sure, maybe thursday depends on my work schedule.
Cas is working on Motel rooms and a few other things
Please reply back if you plan to go so we can get a count!!
Thanks,
FREEBIRD

thedrifter
01-12-05, 08:04 PM
On my end so far is

Waiting on word with the rest of my crew

Pam and I

Pam is my baby daughter for those who don't know

Ellie

JAMarine
01-12-05, 08:11 PM
At this time JAM plans on being there. Anybody wanting to split a room let me know.

rich

marinemom
01-12-05, 08:18 PM
JAM knows he has a room - count me in and I may have to bring 2 Royal Marines ( who will be visiting the area) along for one or two events........do NOT - repeat do NOT - try to outdrink these guys!

thedrifter
01-12-05, 08:20 PM
Can I try...

I did pretty well for New Years, with some Marines....:D

Ellie

mrbsox
01-12-05, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by marinemom
JAM knows he has a room - count me in and I may have to bring 2 Royal Marines ( who will be visiting the area) along for one or two events........do NOT - repeat do NOT - try to outdrink these guys!

Lets see here....
Last year we talked about a bivouac at marinemoms, and NOW she wants to bring some RM's to the party !!

Wonder how much you got to trade to get a 'Wooly Pulley' these days ? Poncho Liners used to be the ticket :banana:

Got reamed by the O.D. once fer standing Duty NCO in a RM 'wooly' :D It was warm on a cold LeJeune evening.

hrscowboy
01-12-05, 10:20 PM
count me and my lady in we are going to come

Koble_USMC
01-13-05, 06:38 AM
Please post the date, I am in Quantico, so I am not that far away. And I got the first round for you all!!

LT

airframesguru
01-13-05, 06:48 AM
Don't need a room. Just some leathernecks to hang out with. Count me in for a noght of drinking!

I got second round Sir!

airframesguru
01-13-05, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by Osotogary
It would be a pleasure for me to meet and intermingle with the pulse of this website. I know that the logistics of preparing, setting up, co-ordinating and actually attending this reunion would be taxing , to say the least, but perhaps it could be done through the internet. Pictures submitted by one and all and a toast or two or three ....or four............etc. LOL.
Great idea drillinstructor.

So your coming up?

Bring the wives:D

Osotogary
01-13-05, 07:10 AM
airframesguru,
It all depends on a few fiscal considerations. I know, I know, that is one of the lamest excuses you have ever heard but it's true.:)
If I was living by myself...no sweat.
I still have some time on this and I will keep you posted.
Thanks for asking.

jinelson
01-13-05, 07:11 AM
I will be there, I worked it to fit with a business trip to New Jersey.

Jim

marinemom
01-13-05, 08:35 AM
No Ellie - you can't try - tigger did once - he still has nightmares about it !

thedrifter
01-13-05, 02:28 PM
Let us hear You....

Ellie

thedrifter
01-14-05, 06:56 AM
Bump

thedrifter
01-17-05, 10:15 AM
Reminder!

Ellie

Sgtj
01-17-05, 11:20 AM
My wife just told me her college reunion is in May...She went to College in Virginia just a few short hours from DC. Also I have a lot of connections at 8th and I, since I was stationed there for 4 years ya'll.

mrbsox
01-17-05, 12:04 PM
The CO and I 'talked' about it this weekend, while visiting her son's 5 week old daughter (do the math.... we DON'T use the "G" word) lol.

We're gonna try and set it up for both of us to get in this year. She will be my D.D. at least ONE night !!
Sorry, but the 'room mate' spot will be taken.

Also did some checking on Mini-van... TWICE as $$ much as a full size :no:

Votes are up for:
Evening Parade, 8th & I
Veterans Memorial Mall;
The Wall, WW II, Korea memorials

marinemom
01-17-05, 01:10 PM
Evening Parade reservations are now available on the 8th and I website - should we set one up?

I can check reservation availability. First parade dates and Friday, May 6 and Friday, May 13

Sparrowhawk
01-17-05, 02:16 PM
The dramatic Capitol Rotunda is decorated with a fresco painted by Italian immigrant Constantino Brumidi. Called The Apotheosis of Washington, it shows George Washington being welcomed into heaven by 13 angels representing the original 13 states (and apparently modelled on 13 local prostitutes).

lol

i think me n george would have gotten along great...lol

marinemom
01-17-05, 04:30 PM
Er - you an angel or.........................???

FREEBIRD
01-17-05, 06:04 PM
marinemon, please check the area for a motel that can handle us thats close, maybe in crystal city, also we need one with a banquet room that we can use for a party on saturday night.

Thanks,
FREEBIRD

thedrifter
01-17-05, 06:39 PM
Cook is never an Angel....;) :D

Mike, I'll try to look to....in my spare time...LOL;)

Ellie

thedrifter
01-20-05, 06:40 AM
Let's Hear Your Voice

Ellie

Sixguns
01-20-05, 08:25 AM
Boy would it be nice to be at a Leatherneck.com Reunion again!!!

marinemom
01-20-05, 08:36 AM
Guys - need a guestimate on how many we think we need a hotel/motel for - just do a quick one so I can get back on the phone with these places.

Also for Evening Parade.

mrbsox
01-20-05, 08:42 AM
At this point.... I'm in for two

But things CAN change before May !!

mrbsox
02-06-05, 02:06 PM
Bump

mrbsox
02-06-05, 05:58 PM
COUNT..... OFF

We need to start finalizing this, so plans can be made, reservations set, tickets bought.

I'll load a new thread... COUNT OFF ... in "DRIFTER'S PLACE" forum, for every body to post too. How about if you 'COPY' the current list that is posted, PASTE to a reply, and add (or subtract) your vitals too it. That way the list is ALWAYS current, and on the FINAL post.

Lets keep that thread for the list only, so it doesn't get bogged with ideas and misc... just the list.

Southwest has some pretty air fares going right now. The C.O. and I figure on dropping about a $grand total...

Room: $150 to $200 for 3 nights
Air fare: @ $360 for 2 Rd trip
Rental car: $150 for Lux size, Mini van MAYBE... if price is right
Food: $200.
Souvioners: $120.
That leaves ME $20 to buy a round with.....
OK so we spend $1020..... LOL :banana:

Any way... the point is;
It's do able... IF you start setting the plan in place NOW.

SEE you there !!