PDA

View Full Version : This Is An Assault Weapon!

Sparrowhawk
10-07-02, 02:22 PM
WHAT OUR LEGISLATORS NEED TO KNOW BEFORE THEY START TRYING TO BAN CERTAIN WEAPONS.....

THIS IS AN ASSAULT WEAPON

http://www.bobtuley.com/images/ak47g339.gif

Sparrowhawk
10-07-02, 02:23 PM
THIS IS A DEFENSIVE WEAPON

http://www.bobtuley.com/images/ak47g339.gif

ANY QUESTIONS?

USMC0311
10-07-02, 02:40 PM
THIS is a ASSULT WEAPON http://www.usmc0311.com/images/bin/nass.jpg
THERE IS NO DEFENSE

thedrifter
10-07-02, 03:22 PM
You are right Joe, there is no defense against that.........ROFLMAO

Thanks Joe needed a good laugh today.

For other defense I use a Marlin 444.

For Assault I use a 300 grain bullet..........HE HE HE HE

http://www.marlinfirearms.com/firearms/images/firearmImages/444_Th.jpg

Sempers,

Roger

mrbsox
10-07-02, 03:33 PM
Only IF used during an assault;

lets see if I remember some basics......

Assault weapons can be:
Firearms
Steel Pot (does Kevlar count)
Alley Apple (brick)
Earth Biscuit (rock)
K-Bar (no explination needed for Marines) :p

Defensive weapons can be:
Firearms
Steel Pot (does Kevlar count)
Alley Apple (brick)
Earth Biscuit (rock)
K-Bar (no explination needed for Marines) :p

Why can't Politicians THINK !!!

Saying that Guns kill people, is like saying that Matches cause Arson. Duuhhhhh

But, just felt like blowing off some steam.. :banana:

DRIFTER,
Marlin 1894, Carbine, lever action, air cooled, 1 each
Used to hunt with one in 44mag... guess that makes it an OFFENSIVE weapon, ugh.

Terry

Barrio_rat
10-07-02, 05:57 PM
Don't you realize, that if we outlaw all guns so that no one can own one (except certain police units and the military), there would be no; suicides, drive-by shootings, killing of poor innocent little fuzzy animals, accidental deaths and deaths of children in school. If guns were outlawed, it would virtually eliminate all crime! Can't you see that?

Well, actually.. NO.. I CAN'T!!!!!!!!!!!!

A guy I work with came up here from California and the subject of firearms came up. He asked what was legal in the area. I asked, "what would you like?" I guess he figured I didn't understand him, so he asked again and was a little more specific - "what firearms are illegal in the area?" I said, "only the ones outlawed by the Fed." He couldn't believe it. He started running a list. Assault weapons? - on this I needed some clarifying. Did he mean the original definition of assault weapon such at the old Winchester Lever Actions in .45 LC? (An assault weapon was a rifle or carbine that would load and fire pistol ammunition). Or did he mean the modern definition? (A rifle or carbine that had a selector switch offering, Safe-Semi-Auto-Full Auto or Burst) Or was it that he meant the politically correct definition of assault weapon? (Any weapon that looked mean but was no more or less powerful than the next weapon and was the least used - statistically - in crimes across the USA) So he asked, "what about fully automatic weapons?" I said, "as long as you pay the $200.00 Fed Tax on the full auto, it's legal." He couldn't believe it. He asked about pistols too. Told him anything and everything there is except for the "Saturday Night Special" - which is NOT the .38 Special. In fact, in the state of Oregon it was legal to carry concealed while traveling to, from and during the activities of hunting and fishing, without a CHL (Concealed Handgun License). Also, in Oregon, it is legal for any law abiding citizen to attain a CHL with a certificate showing that they had completed a firearms safety course. He also asked about registration and was further astounded that there was no registration of firearms in this state.

There is just a small part of the reason why I won't leave this area. With as many liberals as we have in the state, it's still "gun friendly." The right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.. Yet those rights are being infringed upon every day. Some infringement makes sense and is necessary. Most do not.

To give you an idea of where I stand on the rights of the people and firearms, I'll say this. I think that they governments of the Fed, all states, counties and cities should abolish most all of the anti- firearms laws. It should be LEGAL for any law abiding citizen and "non-violent" felon with 5 years clear and clean conduct to own and carry concealed - without any special license or permit - a firearm, any firearm of their choice, NATION WIDE. An Armed Society is a Polite Society. Just look to Switzerland if ya have any questions there.

Well, I'll leave it with this before I go into a tirade. LOL It's a subject I know well, as I'm sure many of you do too - some probably dwarf me in comparison.

Semper Fi!

mrbsox
10-07-02, 08:12 PM
... that GOOD Gun control means being able to hit your Target(s).

The BEST gun law on the books that I can remember, was in the late 70's. It seem's that Kennesaw GA. passed a City ordinance, REQUIRING EVERY HEAD OF HOUSEHOLD to own a firearm AND ammunition for it.

It didn't have to be a pistol, just a firearm. Rifle, shotgun, anything (I think it had to be centerfire). They went so far as to put a Minister in jail, for failure to abide by the new law. The law also DID NOT state that you had to keep it loaded, just have ammo.

Now, I don't remember the exact numbers, but if memory serves, the City's crime rate fell to something like .02 (point zero two) OVERNIGHT :banana: :banana:

Now THAT is what Gun Laws are supposed to do.... PREVENT CRIME.

If anybody is from the Kennesaw area, maybe you can fill in any grey areas in this.

I carry, the wife carries. We both travel, and we CARRY. It IS LEGAL to transport firearms on a commercial flight. They have to be in a seperate, locked, hard case, unloaded, ammunition boxed seperate (limited to 11 pounds.... duh), and declared at check in.

People ask why I carry when I travel. For the same reason I carry at home. For the same reason I carry hi capacity mags. Because... WHAT IF !!!

We both watch out for where we travel, and if they don't reckognize a TN permit, we make adjustments, but we both enjoy our rights TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS.

Terry