PDA

View Full Version : if you had the chance would you

semperfiman
10-29-04, 12:35 AM
do it again

HardJedi
10-29-04, 01:12 AM
well , that depends on what "it" you are talking about. ;) As for would Ijoin the Corps all over again? Bet your A$$!

snipowsky
10-29-04, 03:14 AM
In a New York minute I would. SEMPER FI DO OR DIE!

DSchmitke
10-29-04, 05:02 AM
Hell yes the best time of my life. Will die Marine Corps green.

cjwright90
10-29-04, 05:57 AM
Join the Corps again? Without hesitation, pause or doubt.

mrbsox
10-29-04, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by semperfiman
do it again

The chance to get a hair cut and be sent overseas ?
The chance to take orders from people younger/dumber than I am ?
The chance to punish my body for a cause most people can't fathom ?

YOU BET YOUR A$$

:marine:

decuervo
10-30-04, 02:32 AM
Without a doubt in my mind. I recently called the officer recruiter to see if 28's too old to go to OCS. No reply so far, but I called this afternoon, so who knows? Being an officer would be a hoot after being enlisted!

yellowwing
10-30-04, 09:09 AM
Would I go active duty again, hell yes!

Would I go through recruit training again if I had too? I'd have to think long and hard on that one. Probably only if we had two fronts going and were in dire need, then yes.

A. Schwartz
10-30-04, 10:21 AM
I served in the Marine Corps most of my adult life (17-47), my two sons were Marines and one son is Career Air Force who just returned from Iraq, my former wife was a Marine Corporal, my brother was a Marine in Lebenon in 1958, my uncle was a Marine in WW11. I believe I can still make a worthwhile contribution.

Lock-n-Load
10-30-04, 10:46 AM
:marine: Being a wartime Marine was the greatest adventure of my young life...it afforded me to serve with real Americans who gave their...ALL...I never would have seen the Far East...Red Chinese & North Koreans [the dirtiest/ cruddiest bastards on earth]....the loyal South Koreans and beautiful islands of Japan and all its creature comforts afforded this Asiatic Marine, all before and after, pales in comparison to a wartime 4 yrs in the US Marine Corps' most decorated unit...THE 1st Marine Division FMF [Pacific]...to all my Marine brethern...smooth seas...Gung-Ho and Semper Fidelis:marine: PS...semperfiman..thx for your Thread and allowing us to enumerate.:marine:

WillManning
10-30-04, 03:59 PM
In a heartbeat. I don't remember of a day that goes by that I don't think about it. Medical discharges suck!! <br />
<br />
Being a Marine was, is, and always will be a major part of my life. <br />
<br />
The best...

RLeon
10-30-04, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by decuervo
Without a doubt in my mind. I recently called the officer recruiter to see if 28's too old to go to OCS. No reply so far, but I called this afternoon, so who knows? Being an officer would be a hoot after being enlisted!
hey decuervo, I was thinking of doing the same thing...I'm also 28, just got my Degree and have seriously been thinking about getting back in. I might reenlist but wouldn't mind being an Ocifer :D only thing is I really don't feel like going through 'bootcamp' again and as far as i can tell OCS is kinda like that...I know, I'm a wuss :o

decuervo
10-31-04, 07:46 AM
Yeah, but now that we know the mind games and already have the tradition of the Corps burning in our blood do you think it'd be so hard? I hear the NCO officer trainers are a little harder on Mustangs but it's only because they expect more from us. I'm willing to go if they'll let me. I too recently graduated. 27's the cut off date, but being prior service and getting a degree may give me an age waiver. Here's for hoping. (crossed fingers and rifles)

ese4mc
10-31-04, 09:16 AM
7/59---the beginning----the end is no where in sight

Ed Fleming
10-31-04, 12:41 PM
I would go tomorrow, but they do not need any "Old Marines". I'm a dinasaur !! Loved every minute of it and all of my boot camp buddies, that I have reunited with, cannot understand why, with my MOS, I did not stay for forty years !!!

Sgtj
10-31-04, 05:22 PM
I still think of going back in everyday of my life. OCS is still one of my main options... Just need to get done with this school thing.

FREEBIRD
10-31-04, 07:04 PM
I guess I'll have to be the first to say........Hell no I wouldn't go back in now.......I wish a million times I had stayed in, But now as time has moved on and everything has changed I wouldn't want any parts of it. I was in 1969-1976, made Sgt in 3 years, had a great job was in The Air Wing!! I guess the bigest reason I have is I think the Goverment used us back then and a lot of good men died for nothing, they fought in a war, conflict, whatever you may call it, for nothing, we never had a chance due to ButtHeads in DC.
Come back to the Real World just to get spit on and called names, really makes you feel good. Then you got people like Kerry, he goes over decides he wants to go back stateside, gets 3 purple hearts( for What), (3 bandaids) and now he's a war hero running for president??? THIS IS F&*&ED UP IF YOU ASK ME.
anyway just wanted to put my 2 cents worth in........
Semper Fie Marines!!!
FREEBIRD

femalemarine_89
11-30-04, 11:18 AM
I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. I never had as much fun or punishment at the same time than when I was in the Corps. I was Marine and I will always be Marine..

Namvet67
12-01-04, 10:33 AM
No brainer...would do it again. Spent some best years of my youth wearing the uniform and having the honor of putting my skills to use in a combat environment. This is one of my favorite quotes "The worst thing that can happen to a Marine is not being able to test his skills in battle".....Ooorah

jinelson
12-01-04, 10:39 AM
Without hesitation or any reservation I sure would!

Toby M
12-01-04, 10:40 AM
In a heartbeat!

Timber
12-01-04, 12:07 PM
Wouldn't give it a second thought. I would re-up now if I could.

Still get that desire to fight.