PDA

View Full Version : Most trustworthy news source:

Arty0811
10-27-04, 09:29 AM
What and or where do we find the most trustworthy news source? Is it any one newspaper, broadcast news source, radio, cable? Or do we pick and choose and try to figure out the truth? Or do we read and decide which truth we like or want to believe the most?

I wanted to post a poll, but there really are too many news sources!

I kinda trust Fox, but there are times I'm skeptical. I try to surf around to keep an eye on everyone else, but they REALLY- REALLY seem biased!

What's your spin?

CPLRapoza
10-27-04, 09:35 AM
I find it better if you hear what everyone has to say, and make your own desicion

cjwright90
10-27-04, 09:49 AM
I am not sure the best, you kinda have to use your own judgement. I use CBS for local news, because KDKA is a hometown station in Pittsburgh. It is the first radio station in the States. It also has TV now. For world news, I like Matt Drudge's page. www.drudgereport.com. I don't care for the liberal media types.

benny rutledge
10-27-04, 10:36 AM
I stick to AM Radio to fill in the blank spots while I'm workin'
here locally is the worlds first commercial station,and the most powerful clear channel in North America, AM 760 WJR.
On this here beacon,you can listen to.....you guessed it, Paul Harvey!
"good Morning Americans,stand by for News!"
Paul Harvey is the voice of Reason,Humor,Truth and Sanity.
Him,I believe!Try him sometime!

Sgted
10-27-04, 11:52 AM
Paul Harvey is still with us ?!?!
Wow....I used to listen to him when I was still on active duty (60's & 70's).

I watch a little CNN / Fox.
Read the Newark (NJ) Star Ledger which issues a great insert during elections profiling all the candidates for President / State / Local Government positions.
Unbiased, the insert presents the facts.
I read around the web a bit and check out the posts here and elsewhere.
Like Cpl Rapoza, I absorb as much information as possible then make a decision.
I think its a mistake to take in only the information "you want to believe the most" (ARTY0811).
In order to make a responsible decision you have to look at the whole candidate(s).
A responsible decision in my brain tells me that, although I might not like 1/10th of a particular candidate's platform, but the remaining 9/10ths is really good for me and the country I just might have to vote for that candidate.

My biggest problem with the whole process of picking a candidate lies in there being too much information and what I believe to be "lip service". These egotistical politicians say what you want to hear then do as they please.
Over my lifetime of voting (I'm 58) it has steadily become harder for me to pick the lesser of what, more & more, is 2 "evils".

cjwright90
10-27-04, 01:42 PM
Benny,
Check this: http://kdkaradio.com/history.shtml
It says KDKA was the first radio station. I wonder which is correct.

vfm
10-27-04, 02:16 PM
The trouble with the news today is that the media wants to create the news and not report just the facts.
They don't care if it's inaccurate or not just want to be first with the story.
Semper Fi!!!
vfm

HardJedi
10-27-04, 03:21 PM
have to agree woth everyone else. it's best to listen to / read a variety of sources, and then put them all together to form your own opinion.

mrbsox
10-27-04, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Arty0811
What and or where do we find the most trustworthy news source? Is it any one newspaper, broadcast news source, radio, cable? Or do we pick and choose and try to figure out the truth? Or do we read and decide which truth we like or want to believe the most?

I kinda trust Fox, but there are times I'm skeptical. I try to surf around to keep an eye on everyone else, but they REALLY- REALLY seem biased!

What's your spin?

'www.listentosparrowhawk.com

:banana:

I go with the papers, Fox, MSNBC, leatherneck.com, and my own instinct.

CAR
10-27-04, 08:29 PM
As for TV, I mainly go with Fox News. I like Brit Hume and Shep Smith. Yes I also like O'rielly but he sometimes has his "sway". I try to tune into Headline news at Cnn and at times MSNBC. Only go to ABC for local news.

Radio has to be Hughe Hewitt, Paul Harvey and Tony Snow.

Paper: Playboy, Local paper and when I get it Wall Street.

I put it all into my grape and realize I don't know squat, but I find a balance and make a decision based on that. And yes my head does hurt sometimes.

Ed Palmer
10-28-04, 07:41 AM
dONT KNOW WHERE TO POST THIS SO I WILL JUST PUT IT HERE,MABY SOMEONE CAN PUT IT WHERE IT WILL DO THE GOOD <br />
<br />
<br />
MA VET ANNUITY FOR 100% DISABLED: The Commonwealth of Massachusetts and <br />
its...

Sherry
02-16-06, 07:36 AM
:bunny: I think the most popular news source is CNN...don't know if they are the most dependable though...

What's your spin?

GySgtRet
02-16-06, 08:59 AM
Although there are many news sources today. Some that I trust and some that are just a joke to me. I can believe FAOX News. CNN may be popular but I don't trust them. CJWRIGHT90. I haven't heard anybody talk about KDKA in years. I am from alittle town called Greenville in Mercer county just north of Pittsburg about 70 miles. They did seem to be unbiased when I grewup in that area.

yellowwing
02-16-06, 09:59 AM
Unbiased news, what an interesting concept! Maybe there was unbias back in the day of the big three networks.

Now the wild unruly pack is spitting out anything to get a scoop. Damn ethics and responsibility. The left wing media takes wild swings at anything, and the right wing media will print anything whispered to them by Scooter Libby.

Cross referencing is my tactic to get the most of a story. Even when news outlets reprint a wire service report, they often clip essential points just to get it to the desired word count.

GySgtRet
02-16-06, 10:06 AM
yellowwing,

I agree. Most news sources put their own slant or what they think is what we want to hear. I just want to hera or read the truth, somehow somewhere its out there?