PDA

View Full Version : How Can Someone Who Lives in Insane Luxury Be a Star in Today's World?

MillRatUSMC
10-25-04, 01:50 PM
http://www.eonline.com/Gossip/Morton/Archive/2003/031220.html
How Can Someone Who Lives in Insane Luxury Be a Star in Today's World?

I did a check on Urban Legends and it's say true on what Ben Stein wrote in the above.

Who really are our heroes?
Is the word "hero" in use too much in our world?

HardJedi
10-25-04, 03:19 PM
no. movie stars, athlets, musical preformers, NONE of those people are heroes.

The word hero IS overused in our society. By a LARGE amount. I have a great paper I wrote on what a hero is. If I can find it, I'll post it up here soon.

benny rutledge
10-28-04, 12:27 PM
The Media keeps putting Thugs and (C)rappers and violent video games in the forefront for our kids to consume.
Our kids and their generation haven't the vaguest idea of what a hero is!
Garbage In,Garbage out.
I am not tying to sound dated,however fighter pilots and cowboys were the norm for me.Three stations in Black and white,No FM Radio,No carjackers,no disrespecting your parents or running from the neighborhood cop.
As long as you let your kids consume a steady diet of trash,thats what they'll give back!!!It's not their fault,they don't know any better!!!
My neighborhood kids all aspire to be Rappers or Internet Moguls.They really think it's normal to be rich at 17,skinny and plastic surgery gorgeous like the Olsen brats.
I genuinely feel sorry for them,with Halloween coming up they have to be off the street at 8 PM!!!Their Candy has to be X-Rayed!!!Their parents have to watch for perverts and thugs,form neighborhood watches to keep the *******ed neighborhood from being burned to the ground.
The real hero's are being murdered by Raghead extremists while our politicians go TSK,TSK,TSK.Our best and brightest are being used up while the trash at home takes the rich's.
We probably need an electrical blackout Nationwide for about a year to snap us out of the funk our Nation is in.We all would learn to be creative again,No TV's,no Crap and garbage being broadcast from one coast to the other.
I would miss Paul Harvey's the"rest of the story" however.....