PDA

View Full Version : Need Input

RLeon
10-23-04, 09:20 PM
Greetings All. It's been 6 years since I got out of the Corps and I'm seriously thinking about reenlisting in the reserves. I'm getting a lot of mail fron the local reserve unit asking me back and I got to admit I miss all the stuff positive and negative. Before I make my decision i would like to get some info from you guys, I have a few questions and concerns. I want to get the straight scoop before I go to the prior service recruiter and get the good 'ol spin.
Basically what should I expect. :marine:

BTW great site!

thedrifter
10-23-04, 09:31 PM
Welcome Aboard Also welcome to your home away from home................
We have a great crew of Marines in here from WW II to the present............
Throw your sea bag in a corner, pull up a footlocker, sit and chat awhile.........

"AGAIN WELCOME ABOARD."

Ellie

greensideout
10-23-04, 09:56 PM
First off, Welcome on board RLeon!

I had an 18 year break in service when I returned to the military. Accepting the "old rank" was a little hard to take with the years and experience but once I arrived it was up hill from there. I found myself becoming a mentor to the CO and other other officers and NCO's. Rank came fast, my health was good---I could run the young troops into the ground---and the experience was very positive.

If you got'it in your heart, well---the call is yours.

greensideout
10-23-04, 10:25 PM
The question on this site is---"What was the highest rank you held in the Marine Corps?"

When I returned to the military I was a Training NCO, (active duty) for the Army National Guard.

yellowwing
10-23-04, 11:47 PM
Welcome aboard. We got lots of experience we freely share with anyone. Reenlistment? What is in your heart. How does you family feel about it?

These day, for sure any Reserve obligation will put you into sunny tropic scenes. It will be more than 2 days a month.

Just make sure you got a good PT program going on. Your experience and training will take care of the rest.

Semper Fidelis! :marine:

decuervo
10-24-04, 01:38 AM
RLeon, make sure you get what you want when/if you do it. I got those calls too, but they only offered me a small choice of MOS's to go for. I am prior infantry and the closest thing that they offered was 0352, TOW gunner (not REAL infantry, we don't ride, we hump). No thanks is what I told them, grunts or nothing. If they would've offered me 0311 or 0351 i'd have jumped on it. However, they don't have that in my area. But then again, I miss the Corps more every day so I probably would've taken it if they called today. Just do what's best for you.
Semper Fi