PDA

View Full Version : Be Proud!!

VarelaMJ
10-22-04, 10:25 PM
I graduated from PI on the 15th and didn't fully appreciate being a Marine until I talked to my buddy that just graduated from Army bootcamp. He was telling me about how they did a 1 mile hump and how it was so hard and how a lot of "soldiers" fell out. He almost **** himself when I told him that we had to do a 10 mile hump right after the crucible with sores and blisters on our feet. He also couldn't believe how many pull-ups we had to do or that we couldnt wack the bugs off of us. If and when, as the DI's would say, you graduate from recruit training be proud and stand tall; you are a US Marine! Also, dont be one of those ****bags that doesnt sound off, goes to sick call on PT days, and doesn't try and slips through the cracks. Get the most out of your training and it will help you in the long run.

SEMPER FI!!!!!:marine:

ramy
10-22-04, 10:34 PM
Congrats on your achievement !
I bet it feels pretty good earning the title.

snipowsky
10-22-04, 10:49 PM
Fell out of a one miler? You've got to be kidding me. That's a cake walk. Try being in the FMF and doing a 30 or 40 miler with heavy and medium machineguns, plus your M-16A2 and all your gear! Now that's when you need to dig deep and pull out some intestinal fortitude. Boot camp humps are a joke and kiddy play compared to the Fleet Marine Force.

I remember some day and night humps I felt like I was about to die, but I NEVER was once a hump drop. I would rather have died then to stop or give up and quit.

That I can say with PRIDE! Congratulations on joining our family Marine!

MillRatUSMC
10-22-04, 11:12 PM
Congratulations on joining the "brotherhood"...
You have some good Drill Instructors...
If and when, as the Drill Instructors would say, you graduate from recruit training be proud and stand tall; you are a US Marine! Also, dont be one of those ****bags that doesn't sound off, goes to sick call on PT days, and doesn't try and slips through the cracks. Get the most out of your training and it will help you in the long run.
I'm not sure where you will go, but you don't want learn what he said in the sandbox aka Iraq.
That will be the hardest "Crucible"...
Again Congratulations

Semper Fidelis/Semper Fi
Ricardo

decuervo
10-24-04, 02:29 AM
ARMY = Aint Ready For Marines. I'd like to see Army infantry do a MCREST hump. hehehehe, evil thoughts.

HardJedi
10-24-04, 05:54 AM
WEll, to add my .02 Can you even really call ONE lousy mile a HUMP? HELL thats just walking to the fricken CHOW hall for gods sake!

Oh well, glad to have you as one of us. :D

Underleft
10-24-04, 04:30 PM
Yeah, A 1 mile hump is like walking to the staging area with all your gear from your room...heh heh

hoytarcher45
10-24-04, 04:42 PM
Durring the Crucible it rained almost the whole time. I had been wearing my ICBs for almost the whole cycle too, so my Jungles were not worn in all the way. On that 10 mile hump back I could feel my feet being rubbed raw. I could feel the skin beeing ripped away from my feet. Never did quit though. My bloody feet were quite a site when we got back to that squad bay.

I thought that A.L.I.C.E. was bad, until I went to MCT and met an 80lb girl named M.O.L.L.I.E. HAHA I LOVE BEING A MARINE!

If any new Marines have any questions about MCT feel free to contact me. I just got back and its fresh on my mind.

Semper Fi
-PVT Miller

snipowsky
10-24-04, 05:30 PM
ARMY = AREN'T RUTHLESS MARINES YET!:marine::banana:

Angel
10-24-04, 05:57 PM
ARMY= A IN'T R EADY for the M ARINES Y ET

Arlene Horton
10-24-04, 09:26 PM
After seeing what the current recruits are doing during boot camp, especially "the crucible" I feel like what used to be referred to as a "Candy-A##ed Marine. Boot camp in 1952 for the Woman Marine recruits was no way as it is today. I'm not only impressed with the new Woman Marines, I'm envious....They can really be called Marines, without the Woman added! Semper Fi, big time!!!

VarelaMJ
10-25-04, 11:56 AM
When checking in to MCT, are we supposed to wear the barracks cover or the **** cover?

DSchmitke
10-25-04, 01:16 PM
Congrats Marine.

cjwright90
10-25-04, 01:26 PM
Congrats Marine! A one mile hump? I know Marines that can rip off longer distances on baked bean days. Always Right behindMarines? Yes

awb5711
10-25-04, 02:40 PM
Either cover is authorized. Pi$$ cutter is more convenient though. Good luck.