PDA

View Full Version : Viet Vet to Walk Ohio for John Kerry

docsavage
10-20-04, 04:43 PM
My name is Russ Savage

I am a 56 year old Ohio Vietnam Veteran (USMC; Khe Sahn Combat Base – Tet Offensive 1968)

I am fed up with George W. Bush, Bill Cunningham, The Swift Boat Veterans and the Republican Party. I want to do something Dramatic, Visible and Positive to help John Kerry win Ohio and become the next President of the United States.

I don’t have much money, but I do have time and energy to donate. Phone banking and canvassing aren’t particularly appealing or suited to my personality.

Here is what I Propose:

Since Ohio is such a critical state and there is such disparity within the state, I want to walk/run from Cincinnati to Cleveland to demonstrate my allegiance for John Kerry as a fellow Vietnam Veteran and to spread this word to fellow Ohioans and Veterans.

I could begin 8 or more days before the election; walk/run 40 miles per day and end up in Cleveland in time for the election. It would be best to end perhaps a day before the election so that I could get back to Cincinnati in time to vote.

I would need some support; principally a van with Ohio Veteran for Kerry (or whatever you prefer) on the side to advertise the effort and from which to distribute John Kerry literature. A map of the route that you think might be most advantageous to cover and perhaps funding to cover motels and meals (maybe a new pair of running/walking shoes). I could walk/run at least 10 hours/day. If you think Cleveland to Cincinnati would be a better direction, I will leave that up to you. Meeting John Kerry somewhere along the way or at journey’s end would be icing on the cake.

I exercise daily and I don’t think 30-40 miles per day is unreasonable. I have the vacation time coming and the inclination to do something significant for the Kerry campaign.

HardJedi
10-20-04, 06:33 PM
Well Doc, Good luck.

greensideout
10-20-04, 06:38 PM
You sound like a good fellow and I can see that your heart is in this mission--- but---save the shoe leather, the cause not worthy of your ambition.

But if you really must do it, you might contact John Kerry and ask to use his gas sucking SUV that he bragged about in a speech to the autoworkers.

radio relay
10-20-04, 06:44 PM
I hope the ghost of every person whose name is on the Wall haunts you the entire way!!!

Thanks for nothing!

There, did ya finally get the response you were fishing for... Marine?!?

garryh123
10-20-04, 06:45 PM
Good luck Russ Savage. I live in Ohio, but will never vote for John Kerry.

HardJedi
10-20-04, 06:58 PM
well, i was trying to keep my beliefs out of it, but since EVERYONE else is adding theirs,

I still wish YOU the best of luck, but I hope john carry chokes to death on his own poison rhetoric.

mrbsox
10-20-04, 07:13 PM
It's a free country, you helped keep it that way.

john kerry is campaining (sp?) a Stronger America.
Is he going to do that with gun control and higher taxes?
Is he going to do that with the help of france, germany, or spain?
Maybe he will negotiate a stronger America with iran, syria, jordan, et al...

Not with MY help !!

Terry

Sparrowhawk
10-20-04, 08:06 PM
an individual like I do John Kerry.

When POW's were still being held by North Vietnam, he sat before Congress and betrayed the US servicemen by declaring all Vietnam veterans as commiting astrocities which were later proven to be untrue.

Anyone that threw the medals/ribbons his country gave him, which others died and received for their service. He did it for political reasons and does not deserve to be our Commander-In-Chief.

His election to the presidency would be more devasting to this country's well being, then the 9-11 attack was upon America.

HardJedi
10-20-04, 08:08 PM
RIGHT ON COOK!

greensideout
10-20-04, 08:53 PM
That is why this election is so VERY important to our nation.

It is or could be a turning point.

Do we, as a nation of the free choose to risk all that America is by electing someone who has ALREADY BETRAYED those that preserve it's freedoms?

Of course the answer is no.

John Kerry has not been and is not now in support of the guardians of our freedom.

That brings forth the question, what is the goal in his sight?

A stronger America? A more safe America? Or his personal gain?

The answer is simple, we have been down this road with him before and he has shown his true color.

John Kerry has one interest---John Kerry.

hrscowboy
10-21-04, 01:35 AM
gentleman i keep telling you it aint over tell that fat lady sings. You people seem to forget that we have alot more people in the united states than we did 4 years ago. our president has made alot of people mad such as the muslim communitees here in the united states and also the african american communitees, you also seem to forget flordia where there are alot of cubans that arent very happy with our president about signing into law that they cant see there familys as often as they used too by going to cuba. Then you have the parents of our soldiers that are fighting in iraq that are not at all happy with this war no matter what there children think. Then we have the rumors of riots and myhiem that is going to break out if president bush gets reelected as i said no matter what happens here the world is going to change one way or the other...

hrscowboy
10-21-04, 01:39 AM
my advise is to lock and load if you havent already and be ready for anything and i mean anything..

CAR
10-21-04, 04:13 AM
IN all the crap that has come out of Kerry's mouth not once have I ever heard him address ANYTHING that has been raised about his Nam service other than... "I fought for this country as a young man...Blah, blah, blah." He hid from the media for months just so he would not have to answer any questions and now he won't do any interviews unless it's with Jay Leno, real tough venue Kerry. I guess he has nothing to hide.

Doc, though I respect the fact that you want to support your candidate I can't help but feel sorry that you chose Kerry. Look at the bright side of your walk- Your getting good exercise.

Wyoming
04-11-10, 12:48 PM
This died after 2 days, in 2004.

Is resurrection needed?

Wonder where this docsavage took himself too?

And the others, I don't hear much from them.

Wassup?

FistFu68
04-11-10, 03:48 PM
:usmc: Marine I was with the 26th.Marines in 68,how were You at Khe Sahn and Tet,I was 18 in 68 now I'm 60, You state Your age at 56!!! Wassup with that???Hope it's just an error cause I wanna give You the benefit of the Doubt!!!:confused: :iwo:

SlingerDun
04-11-10, 03:54 PM
Can't imagine why Big Al other than the thought of walking/running 30 to 40 miles a day is not unreasonable:confused: That's some hard boiled humpin, man...

--->Dave

USNAviator
04-11-10, 03:56 PM
I didn't catch it either but the post is from 2004. He is 62 now. I don't know why the post is till active.

Dan

FistFu68
04-11-10, 04:00 PM
:evilgrin: Wonder if He made the Hump in four Years???S/F :D :iwo: