PDA

View Full Version : How to respond..

Train
10-19-04, 05:47 PM
On a chat forum I frequent, I was reading a thread about a group of Marines in Iraq. Another member of the forum, who knows I frequent there, and knows that I am a Marine, posted something that really ****ed me off. I knew better than to respond right away. I was told by a friend that posting angrily would only feed his stereotypes, which is obviously what he based his post on. So i came over here for some ideas, heres what he posted, in response to two other posts:

http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.aspx?catid=52&threadid=1420763&enterthread=y

In recent months, Marine fatalities have exceeded Army deaths -- even though the Army has at least three times as many troops in Iraq.
Marines always seem to die at a faster rate...now why would anyone want to be a Marine?
They get fed a lot of crap about how they are the best and everything. Even though the airforce has the smartest people apparently. You know, you have to make the grunts feel good about themselves if they're gonna' be cannon fodder.

HardJedi
10-19-04, 06:04 PM
it deserves no response. in my opinion. F##K him.

snipowsky
10-19-04, 06:08 PM
HATERS! I've got something for people like that!

The business end of my AK!

Let them haters be haters, everyone in the world knows we are the best in the business. Marines don't run from danger like the Army does... we run towards it laying lead down range at the same time. KILL KILL KILL!

So like HardJedi said...

F**K 'EM!

bobpage
10-19-04, 06:14 PM
That actually is an interview/article on ABC News. Is it any wonder they find the one or two whiners. 7th Marines should visit them and have a discussion with them about bed-wetting.

Osotogary
10-19-04, 06:22 PM
It's a bait job. Don't bite! Fatalities in recent months? Why would any one want to be a Marine? If you can, find out the facts and stats and present only those that would be officially contrary to your antagonist in a matter of fact format. That is if you wish to reply. He will fade. You will continue on.

HardJedi
10-19-04, 06:23 PM
just like with anything else, people are awfully mouthy when there are no Marines standing right in front of them.

Like to see them "voice their opinions" with a fire team or two of 0311's who haven't gotten libbo in 2 months. :D

greensideout
10-19-04, 08:05 PM
Tell him that you just laid his girlfrend because she likes Marines. She says that Air Force guys lack balls.

hrscowboy
10-19-04, 09:21 PM
hahahah yeah i agree greenside tell him cowboys real name is jody and hes had his wife sister and mother hahahahaha

Arlene Horton
10-19-04, 09:29 PM
As far as some a######s stupid remarks about the best, the bravest (and the best looking!!!) MARINES, I can say something that I was told when I was wondering what to do with my life while my fiance was in Korea, serving as a belly gunner on an Air Force plane. I had the idea of joining the Air Force and possibly getting posted somewhere near him when his group returned to the states. He very quickly wrote me and said "no, no, not Air Corps. Join the MARINES as you often said before I graduated from high school" He thought I would cut the "apron strings" my mother had me attached to her. He also said that in his opinion and experience in Korea the MARINES showed why they are the few, the proud, the MARINES. I took his advice and while I was in boot camp I was called to my D.I.'s office and she said "I'm sorry to do this to you" and she handed me a stack of letters I had written to him, all with the stamped notice "Deceased, authorized A.P. Doyle, CWO, USAF. Needless to say I was crushed BUT, we only had one more week to go and I was almost a full-fledged Woman Marine. So, I guess that's one good one for the Air Force. Semper Fi

greensideout
10-19-04, 09:43 PM
OR---

You could use an analytical approach.

The Marines are America's first call. They respond to America"s 911 when a threat to our security or national interest accures. The risk for the Marines is high, but their ability to succeed in the mission is also high. They want to preserve your freedom and they want to preserve our way of life. And yes, they will risk it all to accomplish their mission. Because of that commitment the lost is sometimes greater then other branches of the military.

You can sleep well tonight because the Marines are willing to do what it takes to protect you and yours and the freedom that comes to you because of their courage.

greensideout
10-19-04, 09:56 PM
I'm not saying the Air Force is not an important part of our total military.

My same age cousin flew the SR-71 Blackbird. He was squared away. My comment was meant to belittle a jurk that was not.

I hope you know the difference and where I'm comming from. If not, ask.

Semper Fi

snipowsky
10-19-04, 11:34 PM
Hey now! I'm an Air Force brat, but a Marine by choice. My parents met in the Air Force. My mom served 10 years and my dad served 33 years. So watch the branch bashing ok Marines? Any American that chooses to serve his country honorably in any branch is a true American.

We all know who the best is, hands down...

United States Marines!