<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
By David H. Hackworth

bobpage
10-19-04, 11:51 AM
Ya know, I generally like Hack. But on this one he is way off. Wes Clark? Zinni? Is he supporting Kerry. The Army needs to be reorganized period.

snipowsky
10-19-04, 12:21 PM
Oh boy! Hack has some good points, but some are totally off the mark!

I like this one the best...

* Merge the Army National Guard and Reserve forces into one formation modeled after the Marine Corps Reserves but configured for the post-Cold War fight against international insurgency.

This is a good idea also...

* Immediately fire SecDef Donald Rumsfeld, all of his Pentagon senior civilian assistants and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff General Richard Myers.

seandayley
10-19-04, 12:39 PM
It is true that we need to streamline our forces. Remember one thing, an action of that size will take some time.

GunnyL
10-19-04, 01:03 PM
Replace Condi with Wes Clark? Hackworth has definitely been hitting the Crack Pipe! Next he'll be calling for Michael Moore to be the Secretary of State!
What a whack job!

GunnyL

seandayley
10-19-04, 01:47 PM
Provide the states with limited funds?

Why, so you can have limited results.

The problem is when you let your political agenda get in the way of logical thinking.

yellowwing
10-19-04, 02:12 PM
John Stewart could be the White House Press Secretary! That would show that d*ck, Tucker Carlson :banana:

Sparrowhawk
10-19-04, 03:26 PM
The Chicken Colonel, never did anything productive in Nam. He served four tours and never raised his voice in support of the troops, and only when he got in trouble did he began to point out what was wrong with the military in Vietnam.

A self proclaimed most decorated military soldier from the Vietnam War, I wouldn't let him carry my ammo. He has sold his books on what if's and much like Kerry in the senate, talks a lot but has accomplished nothing!

It's not that I dislike the guy, I just despise him, and I'm really not sure why, but I am sure now, that he has been writing Kerry's Iraq policy.

HackWorthlessness

HardJedi
10-19-04, 03:29 PM
all i am gonna say, is that I agree with some of his thinking, and disagree with some. Makes him, at least in this article, about even with most people.