PDA

View Full Version : Hello All

Redd
10-12-04, 11:49 AM
Just signed up to show my support for the US Marine Corp in all its endeavours.

Im currently residing in Soviet Canuckistan. At present, im trying to escape to Britain to join the British Army (under the commonwealth overseas application), although im having reservations at the moment for several reasons. Mainly a girl ;)

I found out about leatherneck.com through the UK Military forums, which at present im getting sick of for various reasons.

I would sign up with the US Marines (no doubt!) if i thought it possible. But as a Canadian, i don't think i can.

All i know is i want to be a soldier, US or UK, don't matter, im for hire.

I also think (may sound nutty) that the West is ONCE AGAIN at war with Islam, though the 5th columners don't see it like that. It oppresses the spirit to know your in a war and the people around you don't believe any war exists.

As for political beliefs, they tie mostly in with my religous convictions. Nuff said.

Sparrowhawk
10-12-04, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Redd

the West is ONCE AGAIN at war with Islam

We've been in war with Islam since Cain slew Able, but the West was unaware of it, until 9-11.

You can't join the US Marine Corps, Marines are handsome, smart, chew tobacco, pee against the wind, have good looking wimen hanging around us all the time, and Canadians are, are, are, well you know from Canada!

MillRatUSMC
10-12-04, 12:27 PM
There's an etching on a wall in the room that I typing this;
Lance Corporal Randall Kenneth Campbell USMC.
One of the first to die from 1st Marine Brigade in Vietnam as a member of Bravo Company 3rd recon attached to 3rd Battalion 4th Marines.
He too was from Canada...
Many Canadians came south while many of ours were going north.
So we wish to extant our welcome...

Semper Fidelis/Semper Fi
Ricardo

Redd
10-12-04, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Sparrowhawk

We've been in war with Islam since Cain slew Able, but the West was unaware of it, until 9-11.

You can't join the US Marine Corps, Marines are handsome, smart, chew tobacco, pee against the wind, have good looking wimen hanging around us all the time, and Canadians are, are, are, well you know from Canada!

Well there was the whole little matter of Charles Martel, Constantinople, and the Crusades :p :p

I smoke, i know my girls a looker, does that qualify? :p

Millrat,

I'm aware that roughly 30,000 Canadians joined up during Vietnam. But what im not sure of is whether the draft applied to Canadians, or just the Canadians with American citizenship.

I know my Dad had a buddy who was American livin in Winnipeg at the time who signed up, went over, came back telling how he got to mow down tree lines with a .50 cal but wasn't sure if he hit anything.

HardJedi
10-12-04, 02:41 PM
well welcome aboard. I knew a canadian guy in the Marines. not sure if he had dual citezenship or what. But he was born and raised in Toronto.

radio relay
10-12-04, 04:10 PM
There was a Canadian, in my boot platoon, in 1968. He was not drafted. He enlisted. Also, he was assigned the 0300 MOS, and went directly to Vietnam.

Yes, islam is at war with Western civilization. The West, with the exception of the U.S.A., doesn't want to fight, and wishes it would go away....

yellowwing
10-12-04, 05:01 PM
Hey Redd, I'm up here in Winnipeg. I proudly served from 83-89. Yes, girls have a way of complicating the picture!

Redd
10-12-04, 07:21 PM
Yellowing,

I was peering through your profile and i noticed your a US citizen living in Peg. For the life of me, i can't imagine anyone who would like it there, except for Winnipegers lol.

I will be moving back there in roughly 3 weeks from the west coast. I am NOT looking forward to 6 months of colder temperatures than Moscow.

Oh also,

open question, but is there any Marine Corp recruting officers signed up on Leatherneck? Suppose its a long shot.

hrscowboy
10-13-04, 12:44 AM
heck we had a guy that joined the Marines from Ireland and was in my platoon in Vietnam heck of nice guy. I guess you would have to go to a Marine Corps recruiting station just across the boarder and see if you can in fact enlist. But now wait a minute dont we have men and woman that are fighting in iraq that arent american citizens that are in the american military????

CAR
10-13-04, 05:14 AM
Just need to be a legal resident of the US with proper immigration status. Being from Canada, Redd, it shouldn't be that tough as for the rest of the prerequisits stated by Cook... sounds like you have the girl, just work on the rest. Hek I still have trouble with the peeing into the wind thing.