PDA

View Full Version : Yankees - Red Sox

Shaffer
10-12-04, 08:26 AM
Could this be the year the curse is lifted???

.... HELL NO!!! Go Yankees!!!

CAS3
10-12-04, 08:31 AM
As an avid RedSox fan, living under the Mason Dixon line....

HELL YES!!!!

GO REDSOX
I support two teams...the BOSTON REDSOX and anyone that beats the Yankees!

Shaffer
10-12-04, 08:34 AM
The only reason Cas likes the Sox is because it rhymes with....well.. you know :D

LOL

CPLRapoza
10-12-04, 12:36 PM
Being form Massachusetts, you knbow who I'm going for. The Yankees can go to you no where, cause the Sox are going to the World Series and winning this year.

marinemom
10-12-04, 01:12 PM
Being Brooklyn born and bred - the only answer to that question is RED SOX!!

We from Brooklyn hate the Yankees almost as much as Walter O'Malley........

HardJedi
10-12-04, 02:48 PM
ahhh ya know, I RAELLY hate the Yankees, and could care less about the red sox. That being said. I hope theYankes win anyway. Otherwise, what would Red sox have to complain about?

well, ok, they COULD make it to the series and then get swept. that would ALMOST be as much fun :D

arzach
10-12-04, 05:16 PM
Don't much care, Yanks are perinial powers...RedSox are perinial applenecks. One scenerio to ponder is, RedSox win the ALCS in the 7th game...then lose the Series to the Cardinals in the 7th game....sweet bliss.

Rick

Osotogary
10-12-04, 08:05 PM
I think I'll have some Yankee Pot Roast and for dessert? You guessed it, Boston Cream Pie. Next game I'll have a New York Style Pizza and a Boston Lager. Can't get to more even steven than that. The third game? I'll probably have the sh!!ts. LOL

Shaffer
10-13-04, 07:17 AM
Dang!!! Boston's ace didn't look to good last night and may not be able to pitch the rest of the series. That was a freak accident that hurt his ankle last week. Or maybe.... It was the curse of the Bambino :D

All I got to say about tonight is "Who is Pedro's Daddy"? Tune it at 805 PM to find out

:D

DSchmitke
10-13-04, 08:45 AM
Baseball a girls game

HardJedi
10-13-04, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by DSchmitke
Baseball a girls game

ROFL Got THAT right LOL

Shaffer
10-14-04, 06:52 AM
Damn!!! 2-0.

Where is Cas at now? She probably won't show up on Leatherneck again until next year during spring training where every year all the Red Sox fans start saying "this is our year"!

Now Schilling is out and Pedro got beat by his daddy again.

THE CURSE OF THE BAMBINO LIVES!!!

CAS3
10-14-04, 08:18 AM
The curse is over. The fans held a ritual at the Babes grasveside!!!

There are more than 2 games Shaffer...I am feeling lucky about the next one!

yellowwing
10-14-04, 10:04 AM
I got to pull for the Red Sox on this one. It would be a great photo-op for Kerry and Ted if they do win! :banana:

yellowwing
10-17-04, 01:04 AM
NY Yankees 19, Boston 8, Good Lord is that an NFL score?

hrscowboy
10-17-04, 01:25 AM
yep baseball has gone to the girls

Shaffer
10-17-04, 07:18 AM
19-8.... Thats more like a football score. Who in the hell allows 19 runs in the playoffs? :D

What happened to "This is the year"? What happened to all that trash talking back in April? What happened to the Red Sox?

Let me tell you what happened to them. The same thing that happened every year. They LOSE!

Any Red Sox fans still left on this board? :D

LMAO!!!

MillRatUSMC
10-17-04, 09:40 AM
Will the BoSox join my underachievers Cubbies?
Both are stuck with a curse and they play like the curse will never be lifted from them.
Might the curse play on thier minds?
It was best that the Cubs got knock out early and did not make the play offs.
Here in Chicago early in the year there was trash talk;
"This is our year!"
The "Prime Madonna's" failed to get a lowly base hit when a base hit was called for.
Especially when bases were loaded.
A base hit would have scored you a few runs.
Enough to win a game.
What did the "Prime Madonna's" do?
You guess was right if you said they struck out and failed again this year.
The fans of Chicago went there to the tune of over a million plus to watch lowly underachievers play.
Much of that could apply to the BoSox.
19-8 is that a football score?

Semper Fidelis/Semper Fi
Ricardo

PS Might this year World Series be;
Houston vs Yankee?
I see Houston beating the Cards in 7

HardJedi
10-17-04, 04:03 PM
ya know, as a native of Kansas City Missouri, I can't help but notice how many ex-Royals are in the playoffs! LOL, just call us the triple-A afflliate for the rest of MLB

Lets see,
Leskanic,
Suppan
Damon
Beltran
Lima

and I am sure there are a couple of others I can't think of right now.
Mostly thats cause I don't like baseball. LOL

snipowsky
10-18-04, 05:49 AM
GO YANKEES!

CAS3
10-19-04, 08:25 AM
Where is Shaffer now?

I BELIEVE!!

CAR
10-20-04, 03:50 AM
GOING TO 7.
This has been an awsome series so far. I'm a Cubs Fan but since my team choked, I've got to go for the underdog,
Go BOSTON !!!

yellowwing
10-20-04, 10:09 AM
Game 7! Awesome series. But wouldn't you know I have a dinner date with my wife and her aunt tonight. :(

I might be able to watch the last 3 innings!

hrscowboy
10-20-04, 10:26 AM
girls game...

yellowwing
10-20-04, 10:33 AM
Maybe I can talk my wife and her aunt to go eat a Hooter's I can still watch th...(who am I kidding?)

CAR
10-21-04, 04:42 AM
AND THE CROWD GOES WILD!!!!!!

Hope you got to see the game there Yellowwing. Did she agree to go to hooters?

yellowwing
10-21-04, 09:25 AM
Naw..but luckily I only missed the top of the first. I saw D' get nailed at home, and then O's two run blast over the wall! Outstanding!

Shaffer
10-21-04, 09:28 AM
I have to give cedit where credit is due. That was a hell of a comeback. I can't figure out how they did it. I now...Maybe Cas3 went to Boston and told the players she would give all of them a free full-day pass to the CAS3 spa and brothel

:D

USMC-FO
10-21-04, 09:41 AM
As a long suffering member of "Red Sox" nation, it was truly a series for the ages. But all these late nights are wearing on this old fart !

Now on to the series where I suspect most in Boston are rooting for the Astro's so we'll get yet another chance to whack on Clemens.

Osotogary
10-21-04, 10:33 AM
I heard on the television, by a Boston Sports Writer, that there is a whole group of aging Boston fans who have refused to die until the Red Sox beat the Yankees and make it to the World Series. (He was talking about generations here.)
Now that the Red Sox have finally beaten the Yankees the fear is that all of these people who had refused to die will now die and their deaths will put a tremendous strain on the Emergency Services in and around the New England States and Eastern Seaboard including New York. LOL
This is Bostonian humour at it's finest.

Sparrowhawk
10-21-04, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Shaffer
Could this be the year the curse is lifted???

.... HELL NO!!! Go Yankees!!!

If CAS was here, she would be rubbbbbbing it all in... in response to your statement....

LMAo

Originally posted by CAS3
As an avid RedSox fan, living under the Mason Dixon line....

HELL YES!!!!

GO REDSOX
I support two teams...the BOSTON REDSOX and anyone that beats the Yankees!

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Shaffer
10-21-04, 01:27 PM
I was expecting her to be the first who blast me.

Sparrowhawk
10-21-04, 10:51 PM
CAS won and Jerry lost his <strike>bet</strike> bat!

http://marines.bizland.com/bostonwins.jpg

thanks to Osotogary

Sparrowhawk
10-21-04, 10:53 PM
Osotogary

you catured CAS and Jerry perfectly..

lmao

HardJedi
10-22-04, 12:45 AM
LOL, love the cartoon

yellowwing
10-22-04, 01:38 AM
Cards win! I was kinda hoping to see Houston v. Boston. That would have nicely paralled the election. You know Texas v. Massachusetts.

marinemom
10-27-04, 05:39 AM
Oh, Jerry ------ not to say anything that upsets you, but IT IS THREE GAMES TO ZIP!!!!!!

benny rutledge
10-27-04, 10:37 AM
Go SOX Go! One more game tonight and it's over!!!!

USMC-FO
10-27-04, 10:59 AM
Yellowwing.....Do you REALLY still think the Cards will win ?? They better learn how to run bases first. If Lowe has his sinker running tonight then this thing is done tonight and Boston will erupt like nothing before !

Even if not tonight you can tuck the Cards away because even they know they are cooked and you can stick a fork in that bird !

S/F

marinemom
10-28-04, 05:51 AM
Just a reminder of the effects of a sweep - the Red Sox will be presented the World Series rings at their opening day game - April 2005 - and the team that has to watch the presentation - The Yankees....hee, hee, hee.

Sorry, Jerry, but the last time I enjoyed a Series this much, I was a kid and it was October 1955................

Sparrowhawk
10-28-04, 06:32 AM
so, she can RUB it IN, Rub it IN... LMAO

Outstanding game playing by the Boston Soxs, now where is that another picture that was around here, last year?

Shaffer
10-28-04, 06:36 AM
Thats alright Marinemom. I can take as much as I can give it. I can honestly say that I am not happy at all that the Red Sox won. Even though from 1918 to 2004 the Yankees have won the World Series 26 times to Boston's 1 time, I still don't like the fact they won 1. :D

However you have to give them credit. They played very well and earned the championship. My hat goes off to the Red Sox.

If nothing else brings Cas out of the hiding, this should :D

cjwright90
10-28-04, 06:50 AM
Well, the SOX won-that's great. The curse has been lifted and all that. They are calling for the Patriots to go to the Super Bowl and probably win it, with thier 21 game streak. I just hope and pray that the other Boston team does not win next Tuesday.

Walter Dampier
10-28-04, 01:29 PM
The curse is on for the Yankees...it started in 2000.

Phantom Blooper
10-28-04, 01:40 PM
Congratulations to the Red Sox! But,the CURSE is still there! The town claims John Kerry! Semper-Fi! Chuck Hall:)

vfm
10-28-04, 04:14 PM
Hey How 'bout Kurt Schilling on ABC news today telling everyone to get out and vote next Tuesday and to vote for George W. Bush.
Semper Fi!!!
vfm

HardJedi
10-28-04, 04:19 PM
Glad the sox won, now maybe we won't really have to hear about em again for another 80 years or so