PDA

View Full Version : Thank You!

Amanda
10-08-04, 02:27 AM
As many of you know, Seeley graduated and i flew out to MCRD San Diego to watch his graduation! I was told what a graduation was like and how organized it was. But NOTHING is like actually being there! It was amazing. I have always respected the Marines, I was in MCJROTC and I even plan on joining the Marines! But it really made me appreciate what they do and realize how lucky we all are to live in the good old USA! Man some of the visitors are awful!!! We were told hmmmm... LIKE 100 times to stay off the parade deck and off the grass. But some dumb people had no respect and walked right across the grass and parade deck! i heared one dumb teen girl on her cell saying, "so far its really boring, all they do is yell at us about the grass and stuff, we are not the ones in boot camp, they are." I wanted to say something to her, but refrained! But i must say it was so funny to see 3 Drill Instructors chasing this lady off the drill deck, while yelling at her!!! : ) Serves her right!

Anyways, I just wanted to say thank you Marines, you are the finest America has, and you are the reason this "civillian nasty" is safe tonight! : ) Thank you, America owes you everything

Amanda

jinelson
10-08-04, 07:52 AM
Hi Amanda, I was at MCRD San Diego in May it was my first time back since 1967 (I dont want to count the years). You are right a Marines graduation is one beautiful sight to see. I also saw much disrespect of the grinder (parade deck) by civilians. I spent many hours drilling on that deck as did all Marines thats what makes it so sacred. The Marines stationed there were very friendly even the Drill Instructors who I admit scared the crap out of me years ago. You have to respect the job the DI's do, they perform a magical transformation from civilian slime to a Marine in a short time. I'll bet that you have noticed a very mature and honorable change in your Pfc Seeley as I have noted in his posts. The best to you and Pfc Seeley and keep us up to date as he progresses in the Corps.

Jim FMF 67-73

Sparrowhawk
10-08-04, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by Amanda
As many of you know, Seeley graduated and i flew out to MCRD San Diego to watch his graduation! ....

But i must say it was so funny to see 3 Drill Instructors chasing this lady off the drill deck, while yelling at her!!! : ) Serves her right!

Amanda

I would have loved to see that or have taken a picture of that, ..... LOL

yellowwing
10-08-04, 12:23 PM
Yes, the first thing I thought of was, "They have not earned the right to be on the Parade Deck."

Go through three months of hell, testing your character and determination, then maybe you can be one of us standing tall on that Parade Deck! :marine:

Amanda
10-08-04, 04:20 PM
: ) yeah! Many civiians were suprised to have the DI's yell at them or correct them! But hey thats what you get for being stupid! In the regular world people are used to being rude and dumb and getting away with it! Thats why it was so funny to see them get knocked down a notch! Not everyone can be a Marine! Hopefully someday I can earn the right to stand on that Parade Deck as one of you!...until then i you wont catch me dead on that Parade Deck. Man do i have respect for those DI's, they demand it! They deserve it! And i would hate to be the person who disrespects them! : )

JAMarine
10-09-04, 01:20 AM
If you would, have Shawn give me a call. I'd like to see him before he returns.

rich
253-845-7369

dgallagher
10-09-04, 07:24 AM
Question?

My wife and I and Mac and Shirley, a Korean War Marine, we met on vacation, returned to Parris Island September 2. They had graduation 1 day early because of the hurricane, so we lucked out. This was the 2nd return for me, I watched mu son Josh graduate, but the 1st for Mac since 51. He was MOVED, and there has been a big change since "Final Field" we had, and there were no viewers.

There wer upwards to 2000 visitors, and no one I saw went on the grinder. Kids are kids but most adults were to awl struck to do much but stare. When they asked Marines to stand there were only 50 - 70 of us that I could see. One Marine Vet next to us was graduating his 3rd son into the Marines! And he has 2 to go - they can't wait!

My question is: Did the Marine Band play the Star Spangled Banner or The Marine Hymn?

Hell of an experience - again!

Semper fi
Donny G

Amanda
10-12-04, 04:22 PM
yeah the band played the Marine Corps hymn! JAMarine ! Shawn left for SOI in cali! He left on Oct. 5th! Sorry! But i will give him your number! He calls alot cause he got a nifty cell phone!

: )

Arlene Horton
10-12-04, 10:32 PM
Amanda....when you hear from Shawn give him a great big SEMPER FI and tell him that a Woman Marine from the Korean era wishes the both of you the very best and hope all turns out for the future. Your attitude is pure Marine Pride!

Amanda
10-13-04, 01:09 AM
Thank you very much! I really appreciate it! I will definatly tell him that when i talk to him next! I miss him so much! And i wish he was home more! But i would not ask him to trade in the Marines for the world! I know if he did not go in on account of me that i would forever feel guilty and i am sure he would regret it too! So here i am alone, but SO very proud of him! My dream is to become a WM as well, however i dont know when it would happen, because we just got engaged! But even if i dont become a Marine, I will be a VERY proud and supporting Marine wife! : ) Thanks again! Semper Fi!

Osotogary
10-13-04, 08:01 PM
Thanks for you help Sparrowhawk.http://marines.bizland.com/graduationcookies.jpg

Amanda
10-15-04, 03:44 PM
lmao : ) ..................

SuNmAN
10-16-04, 12:20 AM
I graduated today with Delta Company, Platoon 1008

Senior Drill Instructor SSgt Duranleau, Kill, Kill, Kill them all !

Ooorah, proud to be the newest member to this elite gun club !

drillinstructor
10-17-04, 02:45 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Amanda
yeah the band played the Marine Corps hymn! JAMarine ! Shawn left for SOI in cali! He left on Oct. 5th! Sorry! But i will give him your number! He calls alot cause he got a nifty cell phone!

: ) [/QUOTE
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A MARINE CORPS HYMM]

drillinstructor
10-29-04, 11:44 PM
no trying to offend your comment Amanda but It is called The Marines Hymm thanks

MillRatUSMC
10-30-04, 12:35 AM
Found this on the web;
http://www.wordiq.com/definition/Marines'_hymn

It's title is The United Marine Corps Hymn or (Marine's Hymn)
In this case both are correct.
I always refer to the Marine's Hymn as the Marine Corps Hymn as did Amanda.
That why I went looking for the title of our hymn...
Meant no offend but had to set the record straight...
Or we would all be confused...

Semper Fidelis/Semper Fi
Ricardo

MillRatUSMC
10-30-04, 12:42 AM
On second look it says Marine's Hymn than Marine Corps Hymn.
Instead of United States Marine Corps hymn...sorry

Semper Fidelis/Semper Fi
Ricardo

Amanda
10-30-04, 01:28 AM
: ) My mistake... : ) and by the comments it caused it will not happen again. Thanks

drillinstructor
10-30-04, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by MillRatUSMC
Found this on the web;
http://www.wordiq.com/definition/Marines'_hymn

It's title is The United Marine Corps Hymn or (Marine's Hymn)
In this case both are correct.
I always refer to the Marine's Hymn as the Marine Corps Hymn as did Amanda.
That why I went looking for the title of our hymn...
Meant no offend but had to set the record straight...
Or we would all be confused...

Semper Fidelis/Semper Fi
Ricardo

The quote you looked up was written by someone who does not now the facts. It has never been The Marine Corps Hymm...It is The Marines Hymm...All Marines understand why..........

drillinstructor
10-30-04, 10:33 AM
yes some refer to the song as The Marine Corps Hymm...but they are referring wrong