PDA

View Full Version : lens in eye

Bret
10-07-04, 11:31 PM
Hey. I posted this subjuct up long ago. I wanted to get some info from ppl that could tell me for sure. Alright, I wanted to be a Marine for a very long time. My dreams were shatted when I was P.D.Qed there at the recruiters office for a plastic lens in my eye(man I hated myself for tellin them that). To learn further, it stops me from every branch of the military. There is no waiver to get me through. I had this lens in my eye since the age of 11. No problems since that time and I also have 20/20 vision with my glasses. Im sorry, this is unexceptable! I am a very patriotic 20 year old boy and I have darn good reasons to get in and surve my country. Ever since then ive been tryin to get in the Army N.G... They said in 2 years they through away your files and then I could get in. The Marine recruiter said he would never be able to get me in. Well in 2 yrs lets say I can get in(don't ask, don't tell kind've thing). I realy hate the idea of them finding out lader down the road. Big Trouble! So im here to find out if you medical ppl can tell me if this rule will ever change?

P.S. please give me some info that i want to hear(be truthful though) Thanx alote

Lock-n-Load
10-08-04, 04:20 AM
:marine: You got the real skinny from a USMC Recruiter...you'll NEVER be a US Marine...Marines are the healthiest physical specimens on the face of this earth; no exceptions made...I suggest you just move on in your life's journey...keep trying to be an ARMY of one...an your buddy [Jarod] who managed to get through Marine Boot Camp, stating the whole Boot transformation was nothing but ...BS...it seems obvious he got nothing out of Boot Camp...with his cavalier attitude, he sounds like a kid that has to do everything the hard way [his way]...his Pltn Sgt will be in his face 24/7 to get him ....motivated...USMC style....your immaturity is going to be a burden to you...but what the hell...the ARMY/NG is overloaded with this type of civilian.:chinese: Semper Fi,Mac

Bret
10-08-04, 11:14 AM
Alright man. I have the utmost respect for all Marines. So what the HE** are you gettin on my case for. I can't give you the whole spill on what he said when he got back from boot because that could take me forever. Listen, I came on here to get some usfull intel. If you can't help me out, don't even reply on my post!

stemperfi
10-08-04, 12:13 PM
Once you are PMR'd (Permanent Medical Rejection) in the MEPS system you will NEVER get in. I worked at the Detroit MEPS (before it moved to Troy), and I saw people try to beat the system. It never worked...

yellowwing
10-08-04, 12:32 PM
If you are disqualified, you are disqualified. No amount of sugar-coating will take away that sting of reality. Sorry young man.

Lock-n-Load
10-08-04, 01:29 PM
:marine: I will do as you request...no problem, kiddo...good luck to getting into the US ARMY/NG. Semper Fi, Mac:marine: Gung-Ho to stemperfi and yellowwing:marine:

GunnyL
10-08-04, 02:55 PM
You will never get into the Marine Corps unless they either change the rules or you are approved for a Bureau of Medicine Waiver. If they thought they could get you a waiver, it would already have been done.
As for the 2 year wait, don't hold your breath. They don't throw away your files, the Marine Corps went to a new computer system for tracking applicants that dates the history on applicants from the day you say you want to be a Marine. We implemented it to cut down on Fraudulent Enlistments which is what you are proposing to do. There is no more going to a different state and not telling the recruiter there what you got disqualified for in another state. Or in the case you are proposing, just wait a couple of years.
As for the other Services medical requirements, you'd have to ask the individual service recruiters. Different services have different waiver processes and requirements.
The opportunity to earn the title Marine is not a right, it's a priviledge and unfortunately for you, you are not qualified to join this Beloved Corps. But don't take it personally, not everybody can be a Marine!
Good luck with any opportunities that the other services might offer you and if you can't get into the Military then best of luck in whatever career you choose to persue!

GunnyL

Pel
10-08-04, 04:56 PM
They have a Machine at Meps now that tells them everything about your eyes... No more flipping lens and saying yea thats clear.... they KNOW what your vision is they KNOW whats wrong with your eyes all outa one machine.

hrscowboy
10-08-04, 10:23 PM
Bret,

Young man the best advice i can give ya is too move on with your life son. The chances of you getting in any branch of the service is 0 I do admire your spirit and ready ness to try to serve but you must come to reality and Move on. Now there are many other alternatives if you want to get involved with the service. 1. check on getting a with a service group like (DAV or VFW or American legion and help the Veteran get what he needs there is no dishonor because you cant be a veteran because of your disability but there is honor when you can say yes i helped a veteran. Good luck you and your endeavors..

Nagalfar
10-08-04, 10:40 PM
Bret you might think outside the box, there are lots of good fights to be had, starting with maybe checking with the I.D.F...

yellowwing
10-08-04, 10:50 PM
IDF! Great idea. I met 2 of their warriors in New Orleans. One was a skinny grunt, the other was a giant artillary type. The cannon-cocker was really 'confident'. Quote, "Artillary, I'm everone's best friend!" They were both good motivated individuals.

Neither were devout Hebrews, but they loved their country and were solid on the IDF.

Bret
10-08-04, 11:54 PM
Well I want to say thanks to all you guys for your input. I'm still confused on this 2yr thing. They (Army ppl) said they clean your slate in that time line. I told the old Marine recruiter what i've been up to and he said there might be a chance to get in the gaurd but he said don't get your hopes up. I'm also not just setting on my butt while lifes passing me by. I'm already trying to get a CDL liecense so I can get a good full time job here locally.
I also relize life isn't always fair and can be down right mean to ya. Though life will go on I guess.
Catch Ya All Later

P.S. whats the I.D.F... give me some intell on that group:confused:

Bret
10-09-04, 12:00 AM
When I said the (Army ppl). It was the army person their at MEPS. So thats why im mostly confused

hrscowboy
10-09-04, 02:05 AM
Them army guys dont know squat bret you want the real deal ask a marine...

Bret
10-09-04, 01:12 PM
Thats why I asked this QUESTION on here in the first place.

Nagalfar
10-10-04, 10:54 PM
Bret the I.D.F. is the Israel Defense Forces... They are always looking for some able bodys, and if you wanna fight, I am very sure they can get you as deep into some good fights as you will ever wanna be.

Bret
10-10-04, 11:36 PM
ISRAEL, WHAT? Im at a state of much confusion now. Im here in America. I am an American. So how would Isreal get pulled up? I know were alies with them or atleast I think we are. I know we help them out but does this mean if I wanted to join this I.D.F. I would haft to leave this country. If the answer is yes, you can all forget the I.D.F. ever exsisted.:emark: Hey, mabye im just misunderstanding what the I.D.F realy is and does. So yeah, if any of you can give me some intell on the I.D.F., please due so.
Just remember I LOVE THIS COUNTRY and I WILL NEVER BECOME ANYTHING ELSE BUT A {GROWING AMERICAN MAN!!!}

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!

Bret
10-10-04, 11:43 PM
P.S. I also want to say thanks to all you military ppl(expecialy you Marines) out there that keep America alive and safe. Make all of us American Civilians happy for what you do every day out their.
Catch Ya Later

CAR
10-11-04, 01:25 AM
Bret,
Sorry, but like others have said, It is not going to be possible for you to get into the Marine Corps. As for the Guard, that too I must say is not likely, regardless what some MEPS dog told you, it's the snowballs chance in hell odds. I know you don't want to hear that but it is the reality. Sounds like you have your heart in the right place and I comend you for it.

As for the IDF it's kinda like the French Foriegn Legion in that they will take you into their military to fight for their interest. The IDF protects Israel. Guys were just suggesting it to you in case you were looking for ANY military service. If you don't want to leave the USA then it's not for you. Either way look at the web site below for some info on it.

Jewish virtual library .org

Good luck.

Bret
10-11-04, 11:26 AM
Well like the great R Lee Ermey says on his web site. I WILL LIVE AN AMERICAN AND I WILL DIE AN AMERICAN! So I want to say thanks to all your guys and mabye girls helpful input that you gave me. I hope to talk to you guys soon. LATER:marine: "s