PDA

View Full Version : The VP debate

Sparrowhawk
10-05-04, 09:44 PM
We saw tonight a debate between a Vice president that is very informed, involved and capable of being the president in a heartbeat and a young idol worshiper that if Kerry is elected and something was to happen Edwards wouldn't know what to do without his hero telling him what to do.

Probably the best of tonight's debate was when Cheney said, that Edwards has been absent so often and so many times from his responsibility as a US Senator, that tonight was the first time Cheney had met the Seantor.

mrbsox
10-05-04, 09:55 PM
Aside from quoting john kerry (oops, did I break the rules; LOL) in the opening, edwardss did NOT seem to know how the office of the vice president, it's support staff, or any current issues work.

He did not appear, to me, to know what the job of vice President was, much less the office of the President, should that happen.

Mr. Chaney on the other hand, to me, had an insight into his job, and GW's. How the system works, and even who does what in the seneate house, who votes, shows up, etc. THAT is one sign of a leader, knowing his subbordinants.

He was confident, cool, direct.

Truely, a close call, but I have to give it to Vice President Chaney.

Terry

mrbsox
10-05-04, 09:58 PM
Oh yeah...

john and john are running on the slogan

"A STRONGER AMERICA"

How are they going to do that with gun control and higher taxes ??

Sgtj
10-05-04, 10:30 PM
I agree, I didn't see the leadership I would expect to see in the VP from Edwards. He laughed and giggled like a little girl, and lost control of his bearing way to much. Of course I am biased but with all the hype I think even the libs were a little let down.

Vote RIGHT!

yellowwing
10-05-04, 11:23 PM
It was a worthless "debate" on both sides. They followed a script that showed nothing new to the voting public. I am disappointed.

HardJedi
10-05-04, 11:31 PM
awww, your just sorry Edwards sucked so bad Yellowing! LOL ( just kidding):)

hrscowboy
10-06-04, 12:12 AM
Edwards sucked??? why are polls showing edwards won by a 48% margin according to Fox news and MSNBC

thedrifter
10-06-04, 01:26 AM
Cheney, Edwards Trade Barbs at VP Debate <br />
Wednesday, October 06, 2004 <br />
By Liza Porteus <br />
<br />
Vice President Dick Cheney (search) said Tuesday that U.S. military action in Iraq was &quot;exactly the right...

thedrifter
10-06-04, 01:27 AM
Edwards started his response by saying he respected the fact that the Cheneys talk publicly about this very private issue within their family and he has no doubt that the vice president and his wife...

yellowwing
10-06-04, 02:28 AM
Edwards and the DNC needed a home run. Safe predigested party rhetoric did not do it.

I watched the replay on PBS and thought Cheney candidly disarmed him. I don't see any bounce for holding your own. A bland 48% tie is RNC win.

thedrifter
10-06-04, 05:12 AM
Transcript & Video: VP Debate
Wednesday, October 06, 2004

The following is a transcript of the debate between Vice President Dick Cheney and North Carolina Sen. John Edwards on October 5, 2004. To watch the debate, go to the video box at the top of the story.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,134579,00.html

Ellie

thedrifter
10-06-04, 08:30 AM
New York Times <br />
October 6, 2004 <br />
<br />
Fact Check: When Points Weren't Personal, Liberties Were Taken With The Truth <br />
<br />
<br />
By David E. Rosenbaum <br />
<br />
In a debate laden with detailed assertions and rebuttals...

thedrifter
2nd CRITIQUE---------- <br />
<br />
Washington Times <br />
October 6, 2004 <br />
Pg. 1 <br />
<br />
Debaters Spar On Iraq War <br />
<br />
<br />
Cheney, Edwards show flashes of anger

thedrifter
Washington Post <br />
October 6, 2004 <br />
Pg. 15 <br />
<br />
Misleading Assertions Cover Iraq War And Voting Records <br />
<br />
<br />
By Glenn Kessler and Jim VandeHei, Washington Post Staff Writers <br />
<br />
Sen. John Edwards and Vice...

Sparrowhawk
10-06-04, 10:06 AM
http://vvakerry.bizland.com/moutain.jpg

Osotogary
10-06-04, 10:13 AM
An analogy.
It was like a Father having a serious discussion with his wanting to leave the house but not ready son.