PDA

View Full Version : The Castration of the U.S. Military

thedrifter
10-04-04, 06:19 AM
09-29-2004

The Castration of the U.S. Military

By Ray Starmann

An article posted on the Drudge Report yesterday sent me into a temporary state of shock. It was the literary equivalent of a neutron bomb. Drudge’s teaser read, “Troops Angry over No-Hookers Plan.” I shook my head slowly and closing my eyes, clicked on the link.

This was certainly no tabloid story. The UPI was reporting that the Pentagon plans on changing the Uniform Code of Military Justice in order to make paying for sex a punishable offense. I had a quick memory flash to a certain birthday party in Germany for a certain 0-5 that included “party girls” from just about every country in the Warsaw Pact except Albania. In the spirit of the U.S. Cavalry, the party was classified, “SECRET – NO SPOUSE.”

Oh, how times have changed. To paraphrase 19th-century novelist Charles Dickens, these seem to be “the worst of times and the worst of times” for the U.S. military. As our troops fight magnificently against the enemies of freedom, the politically correct REMFs in the Pentagon are intent upon legislating morality. Well, it didn’t work for the U.S. government during the Depression, it didn’t work in Germany after World War II, and it won’t work during the War on Terror.

As I read the internet article, I smelled a rat – a feminist rat. This latest bit of insanity is just another increment on the long, dark road towards the complete feminization of the U.S. military. The people who introduced the world to the Tailhook Kangaroo Court, sensitivity training for combat troops, stress cards, coed basic training, grandmothers in combat zones – and my personal favorite, the “maternity battle dress uniform” – have now decided that prostitution is to be a military crime.

Apparently, Private Joe Snuffy will not be allowed to visit a brothel and pay for sex. But, the U.S. taxpayer must pay for Private Jane Snuffy to deliver her baby on board a U.S. Navy ship at war. Perhaps G.I Joe wouldn’t have knocked-up G.I. Jane if he had been allowed to exercise his freedom as soldiers have been doing since the days of Julius Caesar.

Before anyone gets the wrong idea, let me be perfectly clear. This writer is not endorsing prostitution in countries where it is illegal. Nor am I endorsing prostitution where it involves women held in some form of indentured slavery. In Western Europe and in some Asian countries, prostitution is legal and licensed by the government. In the past, a soldier who visited a prostitute in Germany was not breaking any law.

Obviously, the PC REMFs in the Pentagon realized that if they could get away with banning alcohol during Operation Desert Storm and during Operations Enduring Freedom and Iraqi Freedom, why not ban prostitution altogether? In the long history of warfare, no other military force on earth has ever deprived its servicemen from having a drink or sex.

During the 1991 Gulf War, the U.S. military was the laughing stock of the coalition. Out of respect for the Muslim people who love us so much, we actually didn’t drink during the war. The Brits brought truckloads of gin with them and the French Foreign Legion reportedly shipped several mobile brothels to the vast Arabian Desert. While we were too scared to even glance at a naked centerfold, our allies were having the time of their lives.

As one British Army officer remarked to me, “This alcohol ban that you Yanks have going is really quite disgusting.” While the Brits held nightly “****ers,” we had a choice of lukewarm water or lukewarm water. As our troops battle the Taliban in Afghanistan and Sunni and Shiite insurgents in Iraq, they know that after a really bad day of combat, they can look forward to a carton of mango juice, a fizzy cake and an old sock.

With rapes on the rise and seemingly half of the military’s female soldiers pregnant, the Orwellian brass in D.C. will only douse the fire with gasoline by changing the UCMJ. Under the guise of making the military “softer” and less “dangerous,” the problems will only worsen.

A more realistic and sensible policy would be for the military to brief male soldiers on the dangers of STD’s and alcohol abuse and to trust them to exercise their own good judgment which they have been doing since 1775.

That’s called freedom. They’re fighting for it every day. They deserve to keep it more than anyone.

Ray Starmann is a Contributing Editor of DefenseWatch. He can be reached at saber2actual@verizon.net. Send Feedback responses to dwfeedback@yahoo.com.

http://www.sftt.org/cgi-bin/csNews/csNews.cgi?database=DefenseWatch.db&command=viewone&op=t&id=651&rnd=374.547054645669

Ellie

OLE SARG
10-04-04, 09:35 AM
If the american people elect kerry (ole foreskin) they'll see the REAL Castration of the U. S. Military!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI
Ole Sarg

radio relay
10-04-04, 01:00 PM
Ditto on that one, Ole Sarge!!!

The no hookers rule is just another result of letting women run the military, and it's bad enough already.

However, if Kerry gets in, then heterosexual, masculine males better forget about joining the military, because they'll just be fodder for the PC MP's.

yellowwing
10-04-04, 01:23 PM
"As president, Kerry said, he would seek to add two divisions to the U.S. Army and double the number of special forces." - I guess that's going to be alot of soccer-moms and gays being recruited.

How do you word a directive to recruiters to start trolling day care centers and adult book stores?

HardJedi
10-04-04, 01:30 PM
Didn't we discuss this already? Lord, please save us froom ijits that are trying to protect us from ourselves.