PDA

View Full Version : Annoying

Pel
09-26-04, 09:32 PM
Ever sat with a group of old friends and just not felt right? It was right after a Poolee meet, after the Yes, Sir. No, Sir. Aye Aye, Sir. POP. COCK AND DRIVE. After Running 6 Miles, After yelling cadence for an hour. Went bowling with some of my friends, some had just woken up. The rest did nothing with their day. And they started complaining that they were tired. TIRED! wtf? I wasnt tired after 6 miles and countless push ups and crunchs. Sore yes but not tired. I think that thats the first time that Ive ever gotten truely ****ed at my friends. How do I tell them that their stupid shyts without actually saying that their stupid shyts? That ther lazy and need to have some life beaten into them. ugh.

HardJedi
09-26-04, 10:07 PM
Well, the best way to do that is this. THEY ARE KIDS! let em be kids while they can be. Because YOU have made a choice in YOUR life, doesn't mean you should judge your friends by standards that you have set for YOURSELF. they will come around to a more adult approach to life soon( hopefully) or they will FAIL in life. It's as simple as that.

Just because your friends aren't trying to live up to some POOLEE standards, does not make them worthless sh#ts. Being TEENAGERS does that :D LOL

Caesar Augustus
09-26-04, 11:02 PM
Wow its called they're having fun and doing what you did before you enlisted. You still aint **** cuz you're a poolee. When you grad then you can talk ****

CAR
09-27-04, 01:30 AM
Pel,
I agree with Jedi. You are making a choice that gives you direction. Your friends may or may not ever get that. You are maturing when it comes to sense of duty, worth, commitment and honor. Most jarheads are still kids at heart but know when it's time to be serious. Enjoy your friends for the reasons they are your friends, sadly as time goes by and you become a Marine you may loose touch with those old friends. No worries though, I promise that the good friends you make in the Corps will be life long friends.

Good luck

Pel
09-27-04, 05:20 AM
Thanks Hard Jedi and Car yea that makes sense its just so damn annoying though

Caesar Augustus
09-27-04, 12:35 PM
It will be a lot worse when you come back after being in the Corps for even 9 months. I go back and have a hard time adjusting to being around so many civilians and how my friends act and what they think is fun. But in no way do I think I'm better or that they are stupid. They're just doing what I'd be doing if I hadn't joined. And believe me when you get to your mos school and get your first real libo and money you're going to go party and do something stupid. We Marines are no more mature than civilians really we just are more disciplined. Trust me I've seen and been apart of some stupid **** that Marines do

Underleft
09-27-04, 12:55 PM
Nothing changed the way I look at my friends or my ability to have a good time hanging out with them. Once you get to the fleet its nothing like boot camp. you will meet some of the most unmotivated people you ever have in the fleet. It sucks to say that but its true. Everybody isn't all "oorah". Of course there are those ones that are all motivated and they are the ones that get everything done. You don't know the Marine Corps until you have been to the fleet. You'll know the ones to stay away from when you get there.

Tom Hansen
09-27-04, 06:27 PM
You may or may not make the Corps a career, I had a tuff one on that. However, Underleft makes a good point. Boot Camp is Boot camp, your remaining time in Corps will not be like Boot Camp. I can only talk about the Air Wing side of things, thing are a little more lax in the wing on certain things, for the most part when your off duty it is easier to live a normal live even in the barracks. All the squadrons have their own barracks, depending on your rank you could be in 1, 2, 3, or 4 man rooms. I was able to work my way up to a 1 man room until I got BAQ. PT is on your own, I was to the rifle range once after Boot Camp which was about the average. One of the biggist things to keep you eye on is how becomes your buddy, be carefull and choose wisely. Although these types usually filter themselfs out of the Corps, they are out there....

Pel
09-27-04, 06:57 PM
Thanks all of you for your feedback that really helps a ton.

PFCLake
09-27-04, 10:27 PM
Sounds like the kid just wanted to get some trash off his mind, and we as Marines are the only ones who'd understand what the heck he was talking about. Dont be so harsh on the wannabe.

-PFC Lake

Caesar Augustus
09-28-04, 08:42 PM
It wasn't harsh. Its just how you'll be adressed in the Marine Corps. I'm only talking about how we were treated in school. You'll be called every name you can think of talked down to, made fun of but 90% is all for your own good or for fun. You'll see.