PDA

View Full Version : Ladies and gentlemen, I give you PFC Seeley!

Seeley
09-26-04, 12:10 PM
Hey! I finished recruit training on the 24th and just got home last night at 2200. I was going to get on here earlier but I had a welcome home party waiting for me. LOL. I was up until 0400 last I remember, came home at 0930 and mom and dad were still asleep! Lazy civilian nasties! :lick:

yellowwing
09-26-04, 12:24 PM
Freakin' A Skippy! Glad you made it Brother. :marine:

Amanda kept us up to speed on your progress. Now you can meet with those Veterans groups with a different perspective.

What's next for you?

Semper Fidelis

Osotogary
09-26-04, 12:38 PM
Congratulations to you on your monumental accomplishment. I'm very happy for you and your effort(s). Good work.

Sparrowhawk
09-26-04, 01:10 PM
Man oh, man they'll give that rank to anyone now a days.

Congratulations

You done did good and made us proud

WELCOME HOME and to The Brotherhood of MARINES

Caesar Augustus
09-26-04, 01:40 PM
Congrats man. Where to next? Enjoy boot leave. I know I did. Have fun at SOI haha. At least you're going during a good time. Whether should be warm enough but not hot and not cold.

JohnEaceHunt
09-26-04, 02:33 PM
MARINE Seely, SEMPER FI, ACE-HMM-265' 69.

MillRatUSMC
09-26-04, 04:51 PM
There's isn't much more that I could add to what some Marines address to you.
Maybe just this little bit, with every rank you privilege to wear on promotion, it means more responsibility to look out for Marines of less grade than yourself, but it takes the team to accomplish the mission...
PFC is the first step...

Semper Fidelis/Semper Fi
Ricardo

hrscowboy
09-26-04, 06:03 PM
semper fi my brother its a shame we all cant pin his stripes on for him...

Toby M
09-26-04, 08:56 PM
Seely made it; Lake made it...For crying out loud, now we really have no one to pick on! Seriously though, congradulations to the both of you and the best of luck in the future. You are on the road to being the best now that you have made it through the gate! You will look on this accomplishment with pride and honor when you are old and gray as we do!

JaiSteele
09-26-04, 10:06 PM
Congratulations, Seeley. Enjoy your leave.

ramy
09-26-04, 10:13 PM
Congrats Seeley !

HardJedi
09-26-04, 10:19 PM
well, Welcome back Marine! glad you made it through! what school are you headed to after MCT?

CAR
09-27-04, 01:34 AM
Way to go Marine. Enjoy the home life for a while. Look forward to hearing about the upcoming training and schools you go to. Semper Fidelis Brother

jinelson
09-27-04, 08:09 AM
Congratulations Marine, OUTSTSTANDING!

Semper Fi
Jim

CAS3
09-27-04, 09:40 AM
CONGRATS PFC SEELEY! Welcome to the family...finally!!
Well, let us in on the "new" boot camp!

thedrifter
09-27-04, 12:43 PM
CONGRATULATIONS MARINE!

You made Us Proud...

The Drifter's Wife

Ellie

Seeley
09-27-04, 07:26 PM
Thanks everyone. Its good to be home. I'm enjoying my leave so far and I'm living it up thats for sure.

PFCLake
09-27-04, 10:24 PM
I like your stripe Seeley, looks good next to your name. ;) When do you check into SOI?

-PFC Lake

WillManning
09-28-04, 01:32 AM
Congrats to Lake and Seeley. The rest of your lives have official begun. Semper Fi Marines..

Seeley
09-28-04, 08:53 AM
Lake: I check in on 5 October. Its kinda nice that way because not only did I come home with $2000, but I get paid while I'm home too :).

PFCLake
09-28-04, 07:46 PM
i'll be checking in on the 12th of Oct. - you're a grunt, right?

-Lake

HardJedi
09-28-04, 07:55 PM
pray for 0311 Lake! tell em you don't want to be no machine gunner or mortar totter! LOL

Caesar Augustus
09-28-04, 08:40 PM
Tell em ya wanna be a wire dawg ahah

JAMarine
09-28-04, 08:56 PM
Good To Go Marine.

Give me a call when ya slow down.

rich

Underleft
09-30-04, 01:54 PM
Yes, Be 0311. The greatest Infantry MOS there is. When they ask you for your top 3. Just put 0311 on all of them. And if you really want to be Recon, Indoc at SOI because its hard as Hell when your in the fleet. At least it is here in 29 Palms. Good luck with SOI.

Seeley
09-30-04, 07:18 PM
Thanks everyone. I'm puting 0311 at the top of my list. If I don't get 0311, I want assaultman or mortar. It all sounds interesting to me.

HardJedi
09-30-04, 07:20 PM
LIST? WHAT LIST? I never saw no stinking LIST! LOL

you mean they let you CHOOSE these day's? man! :)

Caesar Augustus
09-30-04, 10:46 PM
Haha. Eveythings hard in the stumps under. But boy does PTing out there make it easy almost anywhere else. I kinda miss the place

HardJedi
09-30-04, 11:49 PM
harder in the stumps? don't think so. it's a DRY heat there. you should try running in 98 degree heat with a 90% humidity sometime (jungle)

I have done BOTH, and believe me, I would take the desert ANY TIME, and EVERY TIME

Amanda
10-01-04, 03:00 PM
Hey Seeley! Congrats! I am SO proud of you! A U.S. Marine! The best title in the world! I am honored to be the one who got to stand behind you while you were at basic, and i am looking forward to standing behind you in the future. No matter how long, or how hard it gets, you will always have a home to come back to, i will be here waiting! Follow all your dreams! : ) Love you

Amanda

Caesar Augustus
10-01-04, 05:53 PM
I live in texas so I'm used to humidity. And I'd still rather run in the humidity of SA than the dry sandy air of 29. Its a lot less tiring to run down here

PFCLake
10-01-04, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Amanda
Hey Seeley! Congrats! I am SO proud of you! A U.S. Marine! The best title in the world! I am honored to be the one who got to stand behind you while you were at basic, and i am looking forward to standing behind you in the future. No matter how long, or how hard it gets, you will always have a home to come back to, i will be here waiting! Follow all your dreams! : ) Love you

Amanda

You're a lucky bastard Seeley. Hold onto her, or I'll hold onto you.. (by the throat) :p

-PFC Lake

THATFEMALE
10-02-04, 12:58 AM
Congrats Marine,

Just don't forget what you were taught while on leave. Don't stuff your face either. Trust me, you'll be sorry!

lurchenstein
10-02-04, 01:11 AM
PFC Lake & PFC Seeley,
Welcome back & congratulations Marines! Hope you have many happy memories of Recruit Training seared into yer brains. Who got sunglasses and who got sand fleas?:marine:

Amanda
10-05-04, 05:57 PM
Well Seeley is off again! He left early this morning for Camp Penalton. He is going to SOI! Then he was told from there he would get stationed at a duty station, and expect to go to Iraq soon after. Semper Fi Shawn!

: ) Thank you Lake! But I am the lucky one.

marinemom
10-05-04, 06:14 PM
Well, SOI should be a little lighter, lol, since my son - the instructor - was transferred and is now in Iraq - but maybe Seeley will get lucky and run into him over there.

He is going to loooooove SSgt Ledbetter at SOI -not.

Caesar Augustus
10-05-04, 07:40 PM
Well that all depends on where he is stationed. If he's in Oki he's not going. Other than that many other things determine whether or not he is going. Things that shouldn't be discussed on the internet.

hector verduzco
10-05-04, 08:54 PM
First of all let me say this, you earnd the title MARINE! This title is for the bravest, toughest, sharpest, and best dressed. Keep us proud and you'll know you did your best. Keep your head high and always remember what you wear taught in boot camp, for that will keep you alive weather in a hot spot over seas or at home. Good Luck in what ever MOS you have and I hope your dreams as a MARINE comes true!.

Amanda
10-05-04, 10:24 PM
what do you mean? It depends on what duty station he gets if he goes to Iraq or not? Is that what your saying?...and by the way he is infantry.

LivinSoFree
10-07-04, 09:49 AM
Yes. The duty station will determine which MARDIV he's with, which all have different deployment schedules, so if he ends up in Oki with 3rd MARDIV, then it'll be a different deal than if he ends up stateside with 1st or 2nd MARDIV (Pendleton or Lejune).