PDA

View Full Version : If you have sore that doesn't heal.

Osotogary
09-20-04, 04:39 PM
Please check out any wound or sore that doesn't heal over a period of time. I had a scratch on my right ear, right above the lobe. Heck, I thought it was because I scraped it horseplaying. Well, I let this little sore, scab, get larger and just applied first aid to it. There were days that when everything seemed fine, no oozing, bleeding or anything. I knew it was there but never went to see a doctor. After all, guys don't go to doctors for small sores...do they?
I finally checked in about a couple of weeks ago, had about three biopsys done and checked in today for MOHS Treatment. That's right folks, I had Basil(?) Cell skin cancer. I went in at 0830 and left at 1330. They scraped, seared,scraped and seared some more. The smell of your own flesh burning (along with the smoke that comes with it) doesn't create the best of social situations.. LOL. After two treatments all is now negative but this little scrape has led to about 15 or so stitches, both interior and exterior. In two days the bandages come off. In two weeks the stitches, exterior, come out.
Why did I even bring this subject up on this Marine Corps Site? Because it is all relevant!. Don't any one dicq around with wounds that do not heal...it could be cancer and you will have to large bandages, you will look like you fought Mike Tyson, you won't be able to drink beer because of the antibiotics, and you won't be able to go swimming just like me BUT if , you are lucky, your MOHS treatment will be negative.
Everyone take care of yourselves.
My best to all. I'm doing fine. Please do not send any flowers. LOL
Gary

thedrifter
09-20-04, 04:45 PM
Thanks Gary....

It never hurts to check into things even if you think it is minor.

Get Well

Sending you a 6 pack.....:D

Ellie

HardJedi
09-20-04, 04:59 PM
Glad you are doing good Gary. thanks for the advice!

Sgt0811
09-20-04, 05:36 PM
Gary,
That is very good advise.
If I had not checked with the Dr. when my chest hurt I could have been in very bad trouble.
A lot of guys think that they are maucho and don't pay attention to what their body is telling them.
Thanks for your post. Get well and
Semper Fi,

:marine:

Chick

Sgted
09-20-04, 08:22 PM
Excellent advise Gary and happy healing.

MillRatUSMC
09-20-04, 10:29 PM
Echoing everyone words...I'll just add this;
Hope the healing is short in duraction...

Semper Fidelis/Semper Fi
Ricardo