PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Marines---No Replacement

greensideout
09-14-04, 08:30 PM
We are the world's foremost fighting force, the best there is! We can engage an enemy anywhere in the world and their fear of us will arrive into their mind before they ever engage us in battle. We are dreaded as an opposing force because the enemy knows that we will bring the gates of hell with us and that we will cast them through those gates. We are the Devil Dogs, the Leathernecks. We cannot be replaced!

Replacement has never occurred, but instead as an old salt steps aside a new Marine forms an image into his shadow. The mind and soul of the Marine is driven by our history, our tradition, our honor and our motto by which we live.

Today's Marines are continuing the tradition with the highest example of valor, honor and commitment. Their duty to God, Country and the Corps should make us all proud and thankful that the new Marines are indeed continuing what cannot be replaced, a "state of mind", A United States Marine!

Semper Fi
GSO

Osotogary
09-14-04, 08:36 PM
My God, Greensideout! I am not a Marine but I am sincerely moved. You have condensed, in three paragraphs, a physical and mental mindset that has, historically, no equal....on a continuous basis. Good work.
Gary

JAMarine
09-14-04, 08:40 PM
Love It!

Get 'er Done Ron.

Luv ya Brother.

rich

hrscowboy
09-14-04, 08:42 PM
OOOOOOrahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh so it be said so it be written...

thedrifter
09-14-04, 08:49 PM
Outstanding

Ellie

mrbsox
09-14-04, 10:00 PM
'So let it be written
So let it be done'

Well said my brother.
And it is done... everyday that Marines breath

CAR
09-15-04, 02:20 AM
That ROCKS! I'm motivated all over again! Where do I sign? GSO very nicely said, Semper Fi !!

God bless all of our Marine brothers in harms way, they truly do make me proud to be part of the few.

MarineMiss
09-15-04, 11:21 AM
Being a Marine makes me more proud then anything I've ever done or will do in my life, and what you wrote will always remind me that my pride is well deserved. OORAH!!! Semper Fi