PDA

View Full Version : Question

Pel
09-11-04, 11:59 AM
Does it vary how they chose squad leaders? A Marine returned from Boot Camp and was squad leader from the third day tell graduation. When they asked who wanted to be a squad leader he said This Recruit. Everyone else said me or I do or blah blah blah. Is that how it was done with you or did they choose by other ways?

Sparrowhawk
09-11-04, 12:09 PM
and know your right from your left.

drillinstructor
09-11-04, 01:35 PM
one that can take charge and move recruits...so on and so on...yes know how to march also

CAR
09-12-04, 12:16 AM
Pel,
Don't worry so much as to who gets the squad leader spots. Sure ya may want it but there is no "rule" DI's use to pick them. They generally pick someone they see has a leaderhip quality. Work hard, listen, learn, and teach from what you have been taught.-- In bootcamp some guys pick up things quicker than others, your a team, if someone needs your help and you know your "poop" help them out. If you posses the skills your DI is looking for the rest will take care of itself.

:marine: Your body can do more than what your mind will let it- push yourself and you'll be a better person and soon a Marine! Good Luck

yellowwing
09-12-04, 12:42 AM
The more science documantaries I watch the more I am amazed at our human bodies. We can sustain damage from 80 mph car wrecks, get run over by trains, run a desert triathalon, and take a 7.62 bullet most of the time.

We'll get up and ask for more. But just f*ck with our chemistry, and we are screwed.

Train, train, and train some more. Just don't do drugs. ESPECIALLY you Poolees!

Keth
09-12-04, 11:20 AM
I just got back from Boot and my squad leaders were chosen on their ability to drill at first but then they screwed up and got fired and other recruits who were leaders got picked so just keep on your toes and you'll probably get a chance. Just remember that squad leaders have a lot of responsibility to the platoon, don't let the power corrupt you or your platoon will hate you and make your life miserable.
Keth

Caesar Augustus
09-12-04, 03:16 PM
Hell a lot of times its the one who can suck up the the DI's the most. Or be a buddy ****er. Just go in there and graduate. Squadleaders and Guides ain't **** after boot anyways.