PDA

View Full Version : Ivaw

enviro
09-09-04, 07:47 PM
I can't believe my eyes when I see a former Lance Corporal who served in Iraq on the O'Reilly Factor bad mouthing the war. He claims he's with the Iraq Veteran's Against the War.

He says he knew there were no WMD's before he even went over there. He also claims we aren't rebuilding Iraq - we are just killing civilians.

I'm appalled. We now have a John Kerry of the Marine Corps.

Fortunately, there was an Army Captain there to dispute his sewage.

HardJedi
09-09-04, 07:52 PM
Probably the same type of guy we've all seen before. A kid who thinks someone is out to get him, and therefore takes his anger out on anyone and everyone related to the government and The Corps.

Stupid Sh@tBird.

hrscowboy
09-09-04, 11:10 PM
Remember gentlemen not all veterans like whats going on in this war in iraq.

HardJedi
09-09-04, 11:14 PM
THATS not THE POINT. Heck, do I think we should have even set FOOT in Iraq? NO! to me, what this guy did is a betrayal of the brotherhood. Has nothing to do with politics, or this war in general. it has to do with being a Marine.

(thats just MY opinion, of course)

CAR
09-10-04, 01:20 AM
This kid was and still seems to be ignorant. I saw him on Orielly as well and the crap he spewed was right on track with the Anti-war retoric. Not one original thought other than OUR guys are just killing civilians. I guess the president and every intel agency in the world should have conferred with Hoffman since He KNEW their were no WMD's based on his research before the war. WOW. He crossed the line in my book. Dissent is one thing but this is crap.

enviro
09-10-04, 09:12 AM
Not every veteran agreed with Vietnam, either. I'm sure the majority didn't. This kid is getting on national TV and telling the world that we aren't helping anyone over there and we're just killing civilians. Seems like he's all too eager to repeat the mistakes of John Kerry.

For every one of Saddam's victims we rescued, for every school we built, for every Iraqi citizen who can speak freely, and for every grave we uncovered - this kid dismissed them with ease. He spoke nothing of human shields, nor did he speak of the millions that are very appreciative of their new lives.

He only spoke to dishonor himself, the Marine Corps, and this great nation.

Namvet67
09-10-04, 01:21 PM
Marines are required to follow orders from the top and do so without reservation. That is what a Marine is all about. Go do what you are trained to do..no second guessing the management. A Marine will proudly go anywhere, anyplace, anytime to do his job. A Marine will keep his feelings to himself and go get the job done. It does not matter where or WHY. It just don't matter...Go in, get the job done and don't ***** about it later. As a Vietnam vet, it did not matter to me and I did not come back and ***** about it...I just keep quiet and inside I knew that all I was doing was being a Marine. Semper Fi

hrscowboy
09-10-04, 02:58 PM
Gentlemen must i remind you that most of us are from the old corps and we where taught we didnt question orders and carried them out to the best of our ablility. Todays servicemen and i mean all services for some reason have alot of different fews on different subjects including wars and for some reason which we have no control they say what they think about whats going on in this world. We Now have too many advocates that want to tell the services what they can do or what they cannot do. I can remember seeing drill instructors knocking the hell out of boots because they did something wrong.. If they do that today how many law suits do you think is going to come down on him? We need to go back to the old ways..