PDA

View Full Version : Marines and Poolees

DeNichilo 0300
09-09-04, 01:42 PM
well if you all care so much for that discovery channel docmentary on "Making Marines" it will be comming back on the air soon take a look.

http://search.discovery.com/search?q=Making+Marines&restrict=wwwTVListings&proxystylesheet=http://www.discovery.com/search/xstylesheets/inclusive.xsl&site=dcom&client=dcom&output=xml_no_dtd&getfields=*&filter=0

(ur gonna have to click features tab and then back on the listing and it should pop up )

BTW:anyone have some tips on memorizing the general orders easily.........i got the Hymm down and the ranks but not many orders. thanx.

Poolee De Nichilo

HardJedi
09-09-04, 02:28 PM
just memorize the first couple of words. it should spyr your memory from there

you know

1) To take
2) To walk

ect ect, thats how i did it.

well, that and copying them over and over and over about 5oo times apiece in a notebook.

stemperfi
09-09-04, 02:34 PM
I concur HardJedi, that's how I did it.

Pel
09-09-04, 03:04 PM
say it out loud 14 times Make sure you say this Poolee or this Recruits...

This Poolees First General Order is
say it 14 times
This Poolees Second General Order is
say it 14 times and so on

And than I would go through and repeat all of it in order 14 times

hump_drop
09-09-04, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by HardJedi
just memorize the first couple of words. it should spyr your memory from there

you know

1) To take
2) To walk

ect ect, thats how i did it.

well, that and copying them over and over and over about 5oo times apiece in a notebook.

That's how I did it too. My first duty station was in the Security Force Battalion, so I got lots of practice saying them over and over. :)

hrscowboy
09-09-04, 03:47 PM
Hell i learned them but was never asked to recite them kinda p***ed me off used all that brain power for nothing...

cknow
09-09-04, 05:15 PM
Remember

JJ DID TIE BUCKLE

lien0102
09-09-04, 05:25 PM
Maybe I missed something, but whatts "JJ DID TIE BUCKLE" stand for?

HardJedi
09-09-04, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by lien0102
Maybe I missed something, but whatts "JJ DID TIE BUCKLE" stand for?

IUSED to know that one, but for the lifeof me i can't remember now.

Pel
09-09-04, 06:35 PM
Is that for the leadership traits?

enviro
09-09-04, 08:00 PM
Leadership traits -

Justice
Judgement

Dependability
Initiative
Decisiveness

Tact
I ntegrity
Enthusiam

Bearing
Unselfishness
Courage
Knowledge
Loyalty
Endurance

hoytarcher45
09-09-04, 09:49 PM
The DIs taught us as if no one had memorized the general orders at all. In other words, we were not expected to know them. So even if you know a few when you get there, you are already ahead of the game. Also know how to speak to the DIs as well.

Sir Goodmorning Sir. Recruit Miller requests permission to speak to Drill Instructor, Sgt Janvier.

WHAT!?!?!

Sir, Recruit Miller requests permission to make a head call sir.

Go make your f***ing head call.

Eye sir, goodmorning sir.

HardJedi
09-09-04, 10:20 PM
Eye? Eye? LOL it's Aye! (sorry, just picking on you there, Devil Dog) :D

Keth
09-10-04, 12:42 AM
Here and I was told to never start anything with sir. Heh I guess that goes to show you that not all companies are the same. Same goes for aye sir, it's aye aye sir. I don't know how many recruits got sent to the quarterdeck for that one.
Keth

Pel
09-10-04, 01:43 PM
4 Marines just returned from boot camp and talked to us at our poolee meeting and told us to never start a sentance with sir also... 2 Marines and 2 Female Marines. It was good to hear of their experiences. The two males, one was Guide from two weeks in, to grad, and the other was a sqaud leader from the third day, to grad.

Tom Hansen
09-10-04, 03:45 PM
I always thought that in Boot Camp Squad leaders and Guides where over rated. I was lucky and ran in to a couple of the squad leaders and the Guide from my platoon a couple years after Boot Camp and I was actually doing better than them. The fleet will either change ya or break ya.....

DeNichilo 0300
09-10-04, 07:49 PM
Thank you, ill repeat them as much as possible.....i still have a while before boot..

Anyone know about the base in hawaii, in your opion is it the best...(and yes we must factor in the hot chix lol )

Caesar Augustus
09-10-04, 11:11 PM
We don't start statements with sir. and during first and 2cnd phase it was aye aye sir but third we kinda got lazy and tried to get away with just aye sir. didn't work to well

YankeeDoodleAsh
09-16-04, 07:25 PM
When did the two females get back? I just graduated on the 20th.
I still remember requesting permission to make my first head call. Of coure I asked incorrectly.
The proper way to address a drill instructor for us was, "Good morning/afternoon/evening ma'am/ladies. Recruit ___ requests permission to speak to drill instructor/senior drill instructor ___ ma'am.

Never screw up their rank or title. Trust me, you don't want to address your senior as a drill instructor or demote/promote them.

thedrifter
09-16-04, 07:28 PM
Congratulations Marine!

The Drifter's Wife

Ellie