PDA

View Full Version : Poolee logo

RobertH
10-03-02, 12:17 PM
I've noticed there have been a lot of Poolees who put the private logo, due to no other option...is there anyway we could get a logo to depict the poolee?

We are starting our steps towards becoming Marines, we have made our own commitment towards completing that goal, and should be able to show it with pride as well as others.

thedrifter
10-03-02, 12:19 PM
There is a Flag......That is what most wear.............

the drifter

RobertH
10-03-02, 01:21 PM
The flag is designated as friend or family...so are you saying the poolees are the same as friends and family?

wrbones
10-03-02, 01:57 PM
Might I say on your behalf:

<B>OOPS!</B>

RobertH
10-03-02, 02:45 PM
Why would I say oops. It is a valid responce. There is a difference between a civilian, and a poolee.

A.) An oath
B.) A Contract
C.) A decission to server ones country by being in the armed forces

Oops I think not.

Shaffer
10-03-02, 02:58 PM
A graphic for poolees is a good idea and I will work on one.

As for poolees being the same as friend or family, the answer is "YES". The oath and committment are great. Yet until you graduate from bootcamp, you are still a civilian and a friend of Marines.

Once you earn the title you will understand. Good luck in your quest. When do you ship?

Regards,
Jerry

Sparrowhawk
10-03-02, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by RobertH
Why would I say oops. It is a valid responce. There is a difference between a civilian, and a poolee.

A.) An oath
B.) A Contract
C.) A decission to server ones country by being in the armed forces

Oops I think not.

While I agree we should look into a possible poolee logo, to help us see whom we are typing to more than anything else. For our benefit not yours.

The papers you signed, oath or contract don't mean a thing until you hit that parade deck after you have completed your training.

Many have signed those forms, taken that oath, and made a decision to serve, and never followed through, because they couldn't heck it or some other reason.

So maybe a flag is appropriate, wear that with pride, that tells us a lot more than a logo would.

thedrifter
10-03-02, 03:10 PM
My Opinion is No to a logo.........
Things are not given to people on a Silver Platter you must Earn it...

A You have not been sworn in. You are still a Civilian.

B A contract can be broken..Have seen it done, by poolie and wanabee's....

C. There are many civilians that would Love to serve there Country but can not....

Until you take the final oath on the day you leave for bootcamp you still are classified as a poolee/civilian/wanabee no if ands or butts about it........

thedrifter

codyhancock
10-03-02, 03:19 PM
sparrowhawk, that was a damn good response.
Ive been reading alot of your posts, and you have
alot of intresting comments. I to am a POOLEE and i
to had a Pvt. ranking on my name, but i was soon
corrected. But i do agree i havent earned that title YET
....but i do have to say that i have taken the oath and
been sworn in and i think there should be a symbol for
POOLEE. Sure its not a Pvt. or any other ranking, but
i take pride in being a POOLEE thats more than what
alot of people can say so i think for the pride of POOLEE's
and for the sake of confusion of others a symbol would be
sensible
POOLEE Hancock

USMC0311
10-03-02, 03:21 PM
I've noticed there have been a lot of Poolees who put the private logo, due to no other option...is there anyway we could get a logo to depict the poole?

poolee logo 4 ya kiddo > :bunny: enjoy..:yes:

try this Man. [url] Signature Imagining Service..in the search box

Sixguns
10-03-02, 05:57 PM
I agree with the future Marine. There should be a logo for those who have raised their hand and volunteered to serve. These kids are not civilians and not yet Marines. It would be nice if they had a logo so when we post replies or give feedback, we can see that they are members of the DEP. Thanks for your initiative Jerry.

SF,

firstsgtmike
10-03-02, 06:19 PM
I don't know if it was Marine Corps wide, or just in the 12th MCD, but in the early 70's, when a pool was sworn in, he had the "opportunity" to earn a poolee jacket, through assistance to his recruiter or referral enlistments.

It was a warmup type jacket and I'm sure it had a logo of a sort on it.

Also, there was a DevelPup program, but I don't remember the details of it, and THEY had a logo.

I think the poolee jacket was and still would be a good idea, with it's own distinctive logo. The poolees "earned" it and wore it with pride at school.

It was one of the things that made "poolees" stand taller than the DEPS in the other services.

Semper Fi

mrbsox
10-03-02, 06:29 PM
Maybe YELLOW FOOTPRINTS for a Poolee Logo.

It would lets us know they are in the wings, WITH INTENT, but also remind them of the STEPS they are preparing to take.

Just a thought, but the :bunny: was a neat idea too :p

Terry

Sparrowhawk
10-03-02, 07:02 PM
How are we to know the difference?

Many can come in here and say they are a Poolee, grab hold of the logo, post it with their name and perhaps we will be inclined to be softer, or firmer on them, because of that designation next to their names. We will begin to treat them different when they really haven’t earned anything yet?

We have had some that have come in here, which were not what they say they were.

I would not support a new designation for them. The American Flag is a great symbol of their pledge of loyalty. They are nothing (as far as Marines go), until they finish the course, which we all had to.

Meanwhile we will give them the same courtesy as any civilian who supports or is a friend of Marines, when we see the flag next to their name.

Anything more than that will only encourage them to think of themselves differently than others in this stage of their lives when they are not.

Otherwise it will be as if we at Leatherneck.com have officially recognized them as future Marines when we have not. Only that they say they are.

What’s next a different logo for spouses of Marines, for children of Marines, and lets not forget one for “Suzy?” if you knew Suzy, you would know what I mean. LOL

RobertH
10-03-02, 07:25 PM
I apologize for any comments that may seem to be dishonorable or whatever you would like to deam them. I do NOT want things handed to me on a silver plater, I intend on earning them. I have EARNED my right to be a Poolee, how ever insignifigant that may be. Yes I'm not a Marine yet, but I'm squared away and ready to get there. You want proof? I'll be more than happy to send you copies of my paper work....even the nice one I got yesterday...Electroincs Communitcations...5,000 bounus...initialed, signed, and done. Be advised. I do not fu&( around. I have completed every goal I have set before myself, I have done whatever I have set my mind to it. This will be no different. I have worked while I've been in the DEP, I carry pride for that. I'm proud I'm doing what alot are too afraid to do, and all I ask is the right and priviladge to show that...

Sixguns
10-03-02, 07:33 PM
Roger and Cook,

Without disrespecting you or your viewpoint, I would like to make a case for the logo. True, these folks aren't Marines, but you have to agree they are in a unique position. I am not necessarily saying they will be treated differently. The idea of a logo is a motivational tool. Give them a little something to recognize their intentions and commitment. These kids are already getting T-Shirts and gear with the USMC emblems and logos on it when they DEP. We all know they haven't earned the right to wear that, but still the Corps supplies them with the gear. One of the reasons is to generate awareness and advertise. The other is to motivate and encourage the Poolees to conduct themselves as Marines, even though they aren't leathernecks yet. I would never go to the extreme of recommending a logo for every category of person who might use the site. Suzy already has a logo anyway!

SF,

USMC0311
10-03-02, 07:35 PM
I apologize for any comments that may seem to be dishonorable or whatever you would like to deem them. I do NOT want things handed to me on a silver plater, I intend on earning them. I have EARNED my right to be a Poolee, how ever insignificant that may be. Yes I'm not a Marine yet, but I'm squared away and ready to get there. You want proof? I'll be more than happy to send you copies of my paper work....even the nice one I got yesterday...Electroincs Communitcations...5,000 bounus...initialed, signed, and done. Be advised. I do not fu&( around. I have completed every goal I have set before myself, I have done whatever I have set my mind to it. This will be no different. I have worked while I've been in the DEP, I carry pride for that. I'm proud I'm doing what alot are too afraid to do, and all I ask is the right and privilege to show that...

You got a right to be Proud Robert..Like I told ya.go to the Signature Imaging Service and Tell Willie what ya want ..he will hook ya up You don't necessarily need something that denotes ya as a Poolee..ya already have that destinction..

mrbsox
10-03-02, 07:38 PM
Sparrowhawk,

I love it when you cut through the BS, and lay it out :yes:

I will stand corrected. I did not consider the 'WHERE WILL IT END' part of the equation. I can see where changing things could be seen as sucumbing to outside influences.

There is too much PC in America as it is. Once the line is 'drawn in the sand', it's the line. That's it, it's the line. This is also putting me into thought mode, rethinking if Pres. Bush should have reworked his Iraqi Inspection proposal.

Since posting to the poll, I have learned that Congress passed the resolution to OUST the current Iraq regeime back in 1998(post 'What the heck is wrong with these people), from yours truely, SPARROWHAWK. Bush is just trying to follow instructions, and I guess congress (little 'c') doesn't remember, or it's not putting money in their pockets any more.

Sparrowhawk, thanks for keeping the light shinning, that we may see.

Terry

wrbones
10-03-02, 07:50 PM
re: OOPS.

Yer little desire to have yer own stuff whatever the cost to others?

Yer desire to have something special just for yer very own has caused a bit of conflict amongst the MARINES on this site. No Poolee or DEPer is worth that. You're not, as yet, a Marine.

By the way the "OOPS" factor isn't by any means done yet...

On ocassion Old Farts know what they're sayin'.

Now for my personal opinion.....

I take it by your post that the American flag isn't good enough for ya.

JAMarine
10-03-02, 09:54 PM
I see your request.

I see your resolve.

I can also see your temper. This is what you may need to work on further. It appears you get hot when confronted with opinion. This is something you may want to keep in check.

Your request was answered by The Administrator. Your request also solicited opinions.
Some For
Some Against
Some In-The-Middle

Don't be on the defensive son :evilgrin:

Chill a bit :)

Learn when to :o

Might want to get to know the definition of "Respect" also. Might help you in the future.

Good Luck to you and your future to be one of "Us".

ivalis
10-03-02, 10:26 PM
I suggest a dog turd, you kids might as well get used to it.

wrbones
10-04-02, 12:15 AM
Just so you know, kids.

As one example, my own family. We've been defending this country since before there was a country.We've had members of my family in every war and nearly every conflict since Colonial Army days. Many of the Marines on this and other Marine sites can say the same.

Good men and women have stood under arms for our for Flag for two centuries and more.They stood when no other could or would for democracy and freedom. They've sacrificed their lives and their own freedom to ensure that we be free.

The Flag of the United States of America is the Flag they all fought, died, and served under. To ensure our freedoms, to protect the constitution. To protect you. The Marines on this site have served and sacrificed, often to a point of what many cannot believe or begin to understand. They have suffered and watched good men die for you. They have sacrificed their lives and any hope of their having a decent future for you.

You state in your post that you are different. Perhaps you are. You have stated this by saying that you want other representaion than the Flag of the United States by your name. Perhaps freedom is not for you. Perhaps you will be unable to sacrifice as others have. Perhaps unwilling, perhaps inherhently unable to. You state that you would rather be represented by an avatar other than the Flag of the United States of America.

In so doing, you have declared your stand against against the United States and what it has come to represent to those of us who have served. You have therefore made your own statement against us and generations of Marines and others who have served and died for your freedom. You have thus disrespected us and all that we and our brothers and sisters have sacrificed and died for. Then you come to us with such a request, and wonder why we are upset, and as well, you denigrate anything we have to say to you about anything at all. How shall we respect you or any of your desires? By denying ourselves? By denying the deaths of our friends and loved ones? How can you ask us to do this? For this is what you and others have done repeatedly. It is shameful that you use your freedom so irresponsibly and so selfishly.

The Flag is a symbol, rich in meaning to those of us who have served. We remember our fallen brothers when we see it. We remember those who've been ruined in it's service. We remember our own sacrifice. We remember those who have served before us. And we are proud. We have a right to such pride. For we have kept this nation free from all manner of attempted conquest. You are free today because of our sacrifice.

Yet you deny our Flag as an appropriate insignia for you and others like you. I am ashamed of you and ashamed for you, for you seem to have no shame. You do not value freedom, nor do you respcet it's symbols or the responsible use of the freedoms others have sacrificed for you to enjoy. You have, simply put, attacked those of us who have sacrificed for you, and then you wonder why we become upset.

We have each of us, even the least, more than earned your respect and veneration. Yet you would attack us and what we represent, and wonder why we do not offer you respect in turn.

I hope these words have entered into your consciousness. I have shared in simple form, the values of the Marine Corps you wish to join and to represent. These are values that will become a part of you, IF you successfully complete recruit training. Do not be surprised or dismayed to see them so openly stated here. These values run deep in all of us who have served. You do not at present share these values in any way, shape, or form. Your desire to attempt to become a Marine is commendable, but do not begin to think that you are, as yet, any part of us, for you are not...as yet...until you stand on the grinder that final day, and hear the words, "Platoon, Dismissed".

At this present time, you are not worth my Marine Corps, or my Flag.

When you are, I and others will call you Brother and say, "Welcome Home Marine".

Until that time, walk carefully around my brothers, for many of them are not as forgiving as I.

Barrio_rat
10-04-02, 01:01 AM
I like the 'dog turd' suggestion. That, or a bull dog pup. The Flag is good too, always did enjoy seeing it around.

Cynrose
10-04-02, 02:24 AM
I know I have no voice in this subject but I wanted to say I liked the idea of the dog turd. ;) I know this will sound morbid but I'm unusual so this will go along with it. I have some time before I to sign the committment papers to be in DEP but I am looking forward to it. And I think it would be kinda cool to have a little symbol to show that some one has Depped but they still be treated as a civilian until they do step on the yellow footprints and become a recruit and hopefully a Marine after 3 months.

But then I also liked being called "scum" by my recruiter because I haven't earned the right of being called a "maggot" (Depped people).
:banana:

I'm wierd I told ya.
Cyn (who is now going to the gym.)

BTW for those who are interested I took a body fat test this week. And compared it to one I took 3 months ago. I have lost about 8% in body fat. I showed my recruiters the results and they are happy. It's not the tape test but it is a laser test that is more accurate so I know I am achieving my goals.

Sparrowhawk
10-04-02, 08:15 AM
Glad to hear your working on that weight, good for you.

Enjoyed what you posted. You might make it and sahre a mud hole with Marines that enjoy what life is really all about.

With that type of attitute , Im sure they'll make you a pfc before you leave bootcamp. LOL

Sparrowhawk
10-04-02, 08:17 AM
Sixguns, I understand giving individuals emblems from the Marine Corps, many kids that have not signed up for the Corps decorate their books or other personal items with our logo because they are proud of what we have done in our history.

The unique position they find themselves in is the reason they are welcomed here. I agree when we post replies or give feedback, to them we need to be able to see that they are members of the DEP. That would be helpful to us.

A <b>“poolee”</b> name designation under their name should be enough, not a logo.
Right now, its “member” under their name and that doesn’t identify them as a poolee, neither does a flag, which many of them have not yet learned what an honor it is to be identified with as Bones has pointed out. “Poolee” should be made available to them.

Cynrose, once you have hit the bottom you can come up for praise, good post. :banana:

JarMarine Well said.

RobertH, you are a guest here. This is "A MARINES site."

Leatherneck.com, not poolee.com but a site where you come to learn <b>from Marines,</b> to look, read, listen, learn. I could care less of who you are or what merit badges, or certificates hang on your wall. They mean the same to me as Powder Puff tinkles for little girls.

I would have burned that letter from Clinton as soon as the class assignment was over, or would have written to a Marine grunt instead. To show the teacher what higher power is really all about.

In the Marine Corps you no longer count as an individual for praise or recognition. You are not different. If that is what you are looking for you should have send away for that free camera the Army offered you, to join them. JarMarine mentioned respect take heed, because with or without a logo or name recognition next to your name you have already moved to a position that’s lower than a turd.

SSgtOfMarines
10-04-02, 09:34 AM
know me, know that I'm not one for many words so my answer is:
"Don't give em $hit".......

Sgt E

btw quick story

Last night we had boxing smokers aboard the Base... The local recruiter brought a bunch of poolees to let em watch. I was talking to one of them, and for some reason he gave me an attitude with his answer. The recruiter stood by laughing. I told this young man, that IF he graduates boot camp he'll run into me or someone like me that will fvck his world up. I told him that unlike his recruiter whose job it is to get him to boot camp, my job is to make sure that he is trained in the skills that will keep ME from getting killed.

firstsgtmike
10-04-02, 09:53 AM
Each of us measures and rate ourselves, and are measured and rated by others using a peer group as a standard. The group distinction may or may not be accurate.

Within the Corps, some of the yardsticks we use are: Combat Vet, Grunt, Pogue, medal winner, etc.

We also rate and make comparisons with and within the other services. Combat Vet Corpsmen and Med Evac Jockeys are rated in the prestigious group of grunt Combat Vets.

The length of the catagory list is open to individual preferences and interpretation, although we can all agree that draft dodgers are on the bottom.

I ask you all to think back to your high school days, and how you wanted to be recognized and respected. Which "group" did you want to be identified with?

In this thread, we have a poolee who is asking for recognition. Not so much from US, but from other high schoolers and his buddies. I believe, because of the steps he has taken, he has earned the right to be recognized, BY THEM, as someone special. A unique logo he can include in all of his e-mails to THEM. A unique patch he can wear with pride to announce to THEM that he has accepted our invitation. He has been deemed worthy to begin his initiation ritual to determine his final acceptance by and into the most prestigious club in the world, the UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS.

Anyone can buy a flag pin. But, if the patch or badge and and a right to use a logo was awarded by his recruiter, the poolee has something immediate to work for and strive for; and to have his efforts recognizedby those he wants to impress AT THE TIME. Later, he will have the opportunity to impress, and or to be judged, by US.

Thats MY opinion.

Semper Fi

firstsgtmike
10-04-02, 10:38 AM
SgtOfMarines: <br />
<br />
When I was recruiting, I was GOD. I picked and chose who I wanted to accept in MY Marine Corps. If I felt I wouldn't want to serve with a turd, I gave him to the army recruiter,...

Shaffer
10-04-02, 01:37 PM
Some good comments, both for and against a “poolee” logo. And some wise advice given by a few on being a poolee and respect. Advice which would be wise of all poolees and deppers to consider.

I agree with something that everyone said, including the poolee. I also disagree with some things that everyone said. However, it is only my opinion. That is the beauty of this country. We can have them, right or wrong. Although I may disagree with some of the things mentioned, I DO respect them and can certainly understand where they are coming from.

From this post I believe that there are 2 issues that have arisen. One is to whether or not we give poolees a logo of their own. Two is the lack of respect that some poolees show. The first one is tainted by the second. I believe the second one is the bigger issue. Some folks may have given the logo some consideration IF the poolee would have done it in a respectful manner. However we cannot judge ALL poolees on the actions of a few and we cannot allow them to dictate what we do and what is best for the site as a whole. Bottom line is no matter what site you are on you will have a few punk kids come on and try to start trouble. It is going to happen. We are not going to be the “Poolee Police” just like we are not the “Marine Police”. What I mean is that we cannot sit back and worry about who is being honest and who is not. If someone is lying about being a Marine it will eventually come out. If someone is lying about being a poolee then it will eventually come out. We got rid of a couple folks that constantly questioned whether people coming aboard were Marines or not. On other sites they fight back and forth with the kids and the kids are sitting back laughing. Here, the kids will be given a few warnings via PM and email. If they do not comply then they will be kicked off. Simple as that. Without any fighting or arguing on the boards. This is not, and never will be a Poolee Site. However they are welcome here as long as they show the proper respect and follow the rules. We can mentor to these kids. Give them advise to help them in their quest. Ultimately it will be up to the poolee whether or not he/she takes that advice and whether or not the stay on the site. Again we can delete their posts and delete their account. It’s not a problem.

As for giving into poolees demands, that is not an issue. Whether we give a logo or not, it will not be a result of this poolee or any others disrespectful demand. Again it will be based on what is best for the site.

Now I have been planning for a few months to add additional logos for various groups. A poolee logo and a Young Marines logo were already planned. In addition logos are planned for Marine Moms and Marine Wives. I just haven’t gotten around to them. What are the benefits? The biggest benefit is for others who read the posts in the forums. We can see right away who this person is and identify immediately why they think the way they do. Now does it also make that person feel special? I am sure it does. Whether one person would humbly enjoy the logo or another “THINKS” they deserve it should not be part of the equation. I have a story I will post after this that will explain why I feel the way I do. The bottom line is whether it is a turd or a word that represents a certain group OTHER than a Marine, it still will never be comparable to having your rank under your name because that shows that not only did you talk the talk, but you walked the walk.

Semper Fi,
Jerry

USMC0311
10-04-02, 01:50 PM
Thank You Shaffer! Your wisdom is beyond your years Marine.

Shaffer
10-04-02, 01:51 PM
I know I have posted this story here before but I will elaborate on it a little.

When I signed up in the DEP program and took my oath I was VERY excited. I couldn’t wait to get home and tell my father who was a former Nam Marine. I knew he would be so proud of me. I walked in the door and said “Dad guess what? I am a Marine!” I expected a “good job” or a “congratulations”. However what I got didn’t make me happy. He said to me “no you are not”. I was dumbfounded and shocked to say the least. Needless to say I didn’t say I was a “marine” to anyone else. However if my father did not set me straight, then I may of upset a few Marines here or there by saying I was a Marine. Anyhow it didn’t matter because for that year until I left I had a lot of pride and motivation. There was no one that could tell me I wasn’t going to make it. No one could tell me I wasn’t going to be a Marine. I felt like I was better than anyone else. I felt like I deserved special things because I was a “poolee”. In reality I wasn’t better than anyone else. I was just smarter :D

What I am getting at is that I can understand where this poolee is coming from. I don’t agree with the lack of respect but none the less I know how he feels. I remember that pride and that esteem I had for that year I left. I never thought I could have more pride than I felt then…But that pride doesn’t even measure with the pride I earned and still carry today as a Marine. But you couldn’t have told me that back then.

Fortunately I had a father that would correct me. The only reason he could was because he was a Marine. Many of these kids are not that fortunate. Hopefully we can make up for that. If they listen, fine. If they don’t then that is fine too. You will not be able to help all of the kids, but we can at least try. (The school teacher coming out in me) :D

Take care and have a good weekend! Be safe!

Semper Fi,

Jerry

Shaffer
10-04-02, 02:02 PM
Thanks bro...

There are far more in life and on these boards that have more wisdom than me. I gain my wisdom from the very folks on these boards. Wisdom comes from listening, watching and learning.

Semper Fi,
Jerry

Sparrowhawk
10-04-02, 02:30 PM
Suzy rotten crotch!

We have heard of her since boot camp and some of us have met her.

Since we now have private rooms to meet with SRC, why not a logo for them? it will make it easlier for us to well, well you know get aquainted with them without having to waste time.

A logo for Suzy, a logo for Suzy.......

What was it hat Eleanor said about us?

<b>"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps."

---Eleanor Roosevelt
Quantico,VA 1945 </b>

USMC0311
10-04-02, 02:37 PM
rosie

CAS3
10-04-02, 02:43 PM
Sorry, I haven't been reading as many of the posts as I should have I guess.

As for a poolee logo: Go for it. At least I will know what type of person I am dealing with. Someone who knows that someday he/she wants to be part of what we have come to learn as the most respectful, respected, honest, and proud group of men and women on earth.
We are the ones who know what Esprit de Corps is. We are the ones who will teach these youngins'. If we are true to ourselves and to the CORPS, we shall project what these kids are looking for. If they can not be honest now, that is on them.
We have a higher guidline and expectations for MARINES than we have for the kids who are only testing the waters to see what they want to be when they grow up.

P.S.
I want a new logo too...as long as it is not Suzy's!:bunny:
Jerry, what can you make for MARINE and MARINE wife?

SEMPER FIDELIS

thedrifter
10-04-02, 02:47 PM
Jerry,

Good Post!!!!

Cook and Joe

Now you are given out little secrets that the DI loves to tell them boys....

If you keep given them all your secrets what is the DI going to have left to tell them....LOL

Ellie

Shaffer
10-04-02, 02:49 PM
Cas- Marine wife is already done and uploaded. But don't know why you would want to change.

Hawk- Logo for Suzy on its way.

SF,
Jerry

RobertH
10-04-02, 03:05 PM
I have meant no disrespect here. I have the UPMOST respect to all who have served our country, even more to Marines. My father was in the corps, and has instilled those values into me. Since I was 8 its been yes sir, no sir, yes mam, no mam. Becomeing a Marine is something I have always strived towards. It has been my goal. I know I'm not a marine, you dont have to tell me that. All that I have asked, is for some way, not just for me, but for the others who are in the DEP/Poolee, to show my commitment to the Corps. Although I'm not a Marine, I'm on my way.

Every first born male in my family has done service in the Military, alot of the times more than just the first born. They have been doing that all the way back to before there was a country. My great great great, etc... was one of the bodyguards for george washington...the military has always been a strong tie with my family, and I look foward to continueing that tradition.

Sixguns
10-04-02, 05:11 PM
I don't know what this recruiter (Sgt Of Marines post) does or doesn't do to his poolees, but I was NEVER one to shy aware from my leadershp responsibility to prepare my poolees for all aspects of Marine Corps life... especially respect and discipline! My poolees referred to me and all my recruiters by rank or sir. My poolees knew how to converse with any Marine. I taught them a lot of essential subjects before they went off to training. These kids were not my buddies! They didn't join to be part of a club or social gang. They joined for the leadership, respect and discipline. That's what I gave them and that's what I expected in return. I owed it to them and to myself to set the example and provide a Marine Corps image they could emulate. If recruiters are treating poolees like buddies or not forcing them to adhere to our Corps standards, they are doing nothing but wasting the Marine Corps' time and money. Most kids drop out of training because they can't handle the DI's "rules" and "verbal abuse." Gee, if you start conditioning them before they get there, you may not have that problem. I spent a number of years to earn my rank and position in the Corps. No 17-year-old punk is going to disrespect me or any other Marine after we all worked to get to where we were in the Corps!

Now, before I climb down from the table, I think "Poolee" as a "rank insignia" for DEP members is fine. After all, a Private gets "Pvt." on this site because he has no chevrons. Remember, your rank is just like a title. So why should these kids not have the title Poolee?? They did earn the title Poolee when they swore into the DEP. You can't take the title away. They already earned it!!! Let's recognize that fact!!!!! NOW I'M DONE.

SF

Sparrowhawk
10-04-02, 08:42 PM
Was Rosie for MCRD and Suzy for P.I.?

Seems like I do remember it being Rosie..LMAo

codyhancock
10-04-02, 08:44 PM
thanks to all of you that have shown support for the POOLEE logo

POOLEE Hancock

wrbones
10-04-02, 10:38 PM
Just remember. I tried to warn you.

The OOPs factor on this issue has only just begun.

No one has addressed, in detail, the long term underlying issues that you've stirred up. The only thing I've seen that has, was a legitmate question. Where will it stop. From past experience with other things in life, I do know that it won't stop here.

In my humble opinion, you've just shat on the Flag of the United States of America. If it's not good enough for you, what is?

On the other hand, I guess the only thing you kids think about is yerself.

The only good thing about havin yer own logo is havin a few extra minutes to figger what kinda wannabe ya really are.

Cynrose has the right idea

Right now, yer not even a maggot. And you've been makin unilateral demands of Marines. Plus shown a distinct lack of respect for those who now are what you wish to be. With this lack of respect toward those who are Marines, how can you then respect yourselves, if in fact you become Marines.

You're thinkin's not straight.

I've been right before. In time, I will be proven right again in this.

But at what cost?

( Just fer those of you who don't know me, I'm not mad. Just statin' some opinions mixed with my convictions is all. Read this post as if it were a conversational tone of voice)

USMC0311
10-05-02, 12:43 AM
I've noticed there have been a lot of Poolees who put the private logo, due to no other option...is there anyway we could get a logo to depict the poolee?

We are starting our steps toward becoming Marines, we have made our own commitment toward completing that goal, and should be able to show it with pride as well as others.
"This a simple HONEST request" "0311"

The Poolee
"The flag is designated as friend or family...so are you saying the poolees are the same as friends and family?"

"This Poolee is neither my friend nor my family" "0311"

The Poolee
"There is a difference between a civilian, and a poolee."
A.) An oath
B.) A Contract
C.) A decision to server ones country by being in the armed forces

THIS IS A FACT "0311"

If I was In this Poolees shoes..I sure as hell would make a SUPREME effort to become a Marine...and come back here and tell all You pompous, arrogant, self righteous muthers to
"Kiss My ASS" "0311"

He asked for recognition for being one of the Few young people that are Patriots. He Has honored US by Choosing our Corps to serve The Country.
I have read ALL the posts and I have seen nothing that indicates this young man has been, Nothing, but Respectful.

I AGREE with Poolee RobertH request.

If you people can't handle this post...

"Tell it to the Marines"

firstsgtmike
10-05-02, 01:00 AM
I won't name names, and maybe only Sixguns will understand, but you're dumping on the poolees. If I were still active, and they were MINE, you'd be dumping on ME, and I'd deserve it. Because I hadn't done MY job.

If one of MY poolees stepped out of line, I'd want to know about it. Their performance, their attitude, is a reflection on MY leadership, and if I fell down on the job, I want to be the first to know about it, so I could fix it, so I could improve.

You got a problem with someone in MY fire team, MY squad, MY platoon, it means I didn't do MY job. And if you're right, shame on me. And if you're wrong, I'll set you straight. You deal with ME, NOT with MINE.

Unfortunately, present situation is that we cannot refer back to the source. But I ask you, PLEASE, PLEASE, cut the kids some slack.

When we're out shopping and we see some unruly brat acting up, the first thing we do is look for the father or mother who taught the brat how to deal with them. Scream, cry, rave, rant, lay down and kick your heels and mommy/daddy will give you whatever you want.

When the kid's a brat, who do we blame?

Cut the poolees some slack, PLEASE.

Semper Fi

(and yes, it will probably **** some of them off, but I don't care.)

firstsgtmike
10-05-02, 01:24 AM
USMC0311:

If you check the posted times, I was writing mine as you were posting yours.

If I had read yours first, it would have saved me the time. So one echoes the other. Let them pick and choose which one to get ****ed off at.

Semper Fi

wrbones
10-05-02, 02:18 AM

firstsgtmike
10-05-02, 02:54 AM
Bones,

Nothing personal. But as a *****, too old for more, who remembers her first litter, I remember mine.

Semper Fi.

Sparrowhawk
10-05-02, 06:53 AM
CAS wants a Marine Marine's Wives Logo because she likes being submissive, as well as being able to call cadence. <br />
<br />
Likes being handcuffed and still being in charge. LOL

Sparrowhawk
10-05-02, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by USMC0311

[B]"This a simple HONEST request" "0311"

He asked for recognition for being one of the Few young people that are Patriots. He Has honored US by Choosing our Corps to serve The Country.

I have read ALL the posts and I have seen nothing that indicates this young man has been, Nothing, but Respectful.

<HR>
<hr>

Your Boy got off to the wrong start as soon as he said, "

"Oophs, I think Not" To Bones remark.

<hr>

If I was In this Poolees shoes..I sure as hell would make a SUPREME effort to become a Marine...and come back here and tell all You pompous, arrogant, self righteous muthers to
"Kiss My ASS" "0311"

If he makes it to Boot Camp, and becomes a Marine, He should come here and "KISS OUR ASS" because only then will he know what the title means.

It is then, and only then that he will be "Telling it to the Marines"

meanwhile I say give him a "Grunts" logo

CAS3
10-05-02, 09:50 AM
That handcuff pic was WRONG

I think it should be a whip. :yes:

wrbones
10-05-02, 01:11 PM
Just not willin' to to fire on someone inside the wire that ain't firin' at me.

I'm not gonna spend a lot of time explaining myself here, but I would advise takin a sentence by sentence look at everythng this Poolee has posted. Lots of inconsistencies. He started out wrong on another thread and tried to be subtle by starting it in this one.

Other Poolees I've done everything I could for them considering this is the internet and not face to face. I'm not against Poolees or DEPers. I will stand against what I percieve to be disrespect from them.

I agree with Sparrowhawk that the only reason fer them havin' a logo is to gain a few seconds in figurin' what kinda wannbe they are.

We got good kids runnin' around the site, Devilpup and Cynrose among them. I have encouraged such as these in every way that I can think of.

I highly respect your rank and I have the highest regards for USMC0311. You have not personally attacked me, and I have taken no offense. Arguin' with another Marine fer what I believe to be right over a Poolee's thread isn't worth it.

Semper Fidelis, Marine.

USMC0311
10-05-02, 01:40 PM
Semper Fidelis, Warren. We cut from the same cloth Bro.
:cool:

firstsgtmike
10-05-02, 01:43 PM
Bones,

No offense meant, no offense taken.

I think you will agree that an exchange of viewpoints and opinions is beneficial to all.

I have expressed my views, and have given reasons. You have done the same.

I believe the exchange has been beneficial, not only to you and I, but to all who have read the posts.

I believe our goals are the same. So how can we lose?

Semper Fi

top1371
10-05-02, 01:45 PM
I don't know everyones background here, but as a former recruiter I think of a Poolee as more than just any other supporter of the Marines.

Sure they are not Marines or even boots, but I for one hold them a step above the worms that are afraid to sign the dotted line.

Semper Fi,

firstsgtmike
10-05-02, 02:01 PM
Dear Ma and Pa:

Am well. Hope you are. Tell Brother Walt and Brother Elmer the
Marines beats working for Old Man Minch a mile. Tell them to join up quick before maybe all the places are filled.

I was restless at first because you got to stay in bed till
nearly 6 a.m. (!) but am getting so I like to sleep late. Tell Walt and Elmer all you do before breakfast is smooth your cot and shine some things -- no hogs to slop, feed to pitch, mash to mix, wood to split, fire to lay. Practically nothing. You got to shave, but it is not bad in warm water.

Breakfast is strong on trimmings like fruit juice, cereal,
eggs, bacon, etc., but kind of weak on chops, potatoes, beef, ham steak, fried eggplant, pie and regular food. But tell Walt and Elmer you can always sit between two city boys that live on coffee. Their food plus yours holds you till noon, when you get fed.

It's no wonder these city boys can't walk much. We go on "route
marches," which, the Sgt. says, are long walks to harden us. If he
thinks so, it is not my place to tell him different. A "route march" is
about as far as to our mailbox at home. Then the city guys all get sore feet and we ride back in trucks. The country is nice, but awful flat.

The Sgt. is like a schoolteacher. He nags some. The Capt. is
like the school board. Cols. and Gens. just ride around and frown. They don't bother you none.

This next will kill Walt and Elmer with laughing. I keep getting
medals for shooting. I don't know why. The bull's-eye is near as big as a chipmonk and don't move. And it ain't shooting at you, like the Higsett boys at home. All you got to do is lie there all comfortable and hit it. You don't even load your own cartridges. They come in boxes.

Be sure to tell Walt and Elmer to hurry and join before other
fellows get onto this setup and come stampeding in.

Your loving son,

Zeb

P.S. Speaking of shooting, enclosed is $2000 for barn roof and ma's teeth. The city boys shoot craps, but not very good - Z

top1371
10-05-02, 10:03 PM
Am I lost or do I need a beer so I can understand what is going on? Dudley has made 3 post, 2 concerning wanting to be a Marine and 1 about not rating the Poolee Logo if it is ever created. He does in fact use the Flag icon, which is for friends and family. He is a friend. He respects Marines and those (Poolees) who have entered the dotted line.

I have no problem with what he has posted.

Dudley, hope you can convince the folks and someday become one of the Few, The Proud!

Semper Fi,