PDA

View Full Version : McLaughlin to Pilot Team Marines Ford for Remainder of Season

thedrifter
09-08-04, 11:51 AM
McLaughlin to Pilot Team Marines Ford for Remainder of Season

MOORESVILLE, NC --- Team Rensi Motorsports President and Co-Owner Sam Rensi announced today that Mike McLaughlin will pilot the #25 Team Marines Ford for the remaining nine races of the 2004 NASCAR Busch Series season. McLaughlin a veteran of 304 Busch Series races stepped into the seat of the # 25 Ford two races ago and has recorded two consecutive strong finishes.

“We are all real excited to have Mike driving the Team Marines Ford,” Rensi said. “Mike brings a wealth of experience to our organization and allows us to continue to run up front and contend for Busch Series wins. Mike will be a fine ambassador to the Marines, Timberland PRO, Pioneer Services and all of our partners at Team Rensi Motorsports.”

McLaughlin has a long history in the Busch Series and currently stands in fifth position on the all time Busch Series winnings list. From 1994-2002, McLaughlin finished in the top-10 of the Busch Series Championship Standings seven out of nine seasons.

“I am really honored to be chosen to finish out the season in the Team Marines Ford,” said McLaughlin. “I want to thank The Marines, Ed and Sam Rensi, Gary Weisbaum, Harold Holly and all the guys on the team for giving me this awesome opportunity. I am going to do my best to take the Team Marines Ford to victory lane before the year is over.”

With nine races remaining in the 2004 season, Team Rensi Motorsports stands in the ninth position in the NASCAR Busch Series Team Owner standings, just 188 points out of fourth place.

McLaughlin and The Team Marines Racing Team will take to the track on Friday night in the Emerson 250 at Richmond International Raceway. Practice and qualifying will begin on Thursday. Team Rensi Motorsports will enter a second car on Friday night for up and coming driver Shelby Howard.

http://www.bgnracing.com/news/2004/september/090804_25.htm

Ellie