PDA

View Full Version : Mot

Devildog1010
09-02-04, 01:57 PM
Well yesterday I went to MOT (Moment of Truth). At Meps they told me all the basic stuff you need to know before shipping and what I can expect. I got all my papers situated and Im clear to go to boot camp. I ship out tuesday to San Diego. Im going to use all the advice I got out of this forum and put it use in boot camp. Thanks Marines and hopefully in three months Ill report back in as one of the FEW.

Pat Forbes
Chicago Lawn RSS

yellowwing
09-02-04, 01:59 PM
Don't forget your sunglasses, and never quit, never give up!

Seriously, I remember when we were on Parris Island chow hall duty. When the platoon that held recruits processing out came by, it was a sad site. That look of 'quitter' in their eyes was heartbreaking.

jinelson
09-02-04, 02:25 PM
Good Luck, you will do just fine as long as you keep your mouth shut and carry out all orders lightening fast and put out a 110%.

Just wondering, why the Corps is sending you to San Diego, generally if you live west of the Missippi River you go to San Diego and if your on the eastern side you go to PI.

Tom Hansen
09-02-04, 04:11 PM
Just call your DI Sarg and you will be treated to a lot of fun.....

drillinstructor
09-11-04, 01:42 PM
ha sure that always works and wear a Marine shirt also

Jersey Joe
09-11-04, 07:18 PM
Devildog 1010

Listen to what Kansas City Tom said--those DI's REALLY do
get tired of being called SIR and such. If "Sarge" doesn't get
their attention, just say "right, man" or "Ok, boss". That
should brighten their day and get their attention.

Seriously, listen, don't be a wise a$$ to anyone, and NEVER
GIVE UP!!!!! You'll be much the better person in the long run.

Good luck-Semper Fi

hrscowboy
09-11-04, 08:20 PM
just run up there and ask him for a hug after you call him daddy.

Sparrowhawk
09-11-04, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by yellowwing
Don't forget your sunglasses, .

and suntan oil for liberty on the week-ends in San Diego, there's a few nice beaches close by.

Remember when you are about to give up, look up and go on...

SF

Cook

Keth
09-12-04, 11:13 AM
Oh my platoon spent a lot of time at the beach, it was nice. We even went on a Sunday once. Good luck and God's speed.
Keth

Caesar Augustus
09-12-04, 03:21 PM
Beach=Pit I always call my DI sarge or hey you or yo dude with the wierd hat thing

hoytarcher45
09-12-04, 08:07 PM
Our kill hat was Drill Instructor Sgt Janvier, but he wouldnt let us call him by his name because he didnt want to hear his name come out of our nasty disgusting fat faces. We were instructed to call him Drill Instructor Sgt Marine instead. I miss boot camp already!

Pel
09-13-04, 01:55 PM
jinelson.. Im in Michigan East side of the Mississippi and we go to sandiago.. If your on the west side, you can go to PI if you had a parent who was a Marine.