PDA

View Full Version : returning home

1recon
09-01-04, 03:36 PM
Just letting everyone know I am back from boot camp and on leave. Can't wait to get to SOI. Is there any E Co. grads here who graduated Aug 27?

thedrifter
09-01-04, 03:37 PM
Congratulations Marine!!!

The Drifter's Wife

Ellie

CAR
09-01-04, 05:50 PM
Congratulations on becoming a Marine!! Semper Fi.

Whats with the name? Planning on trying for recon?

Toby M
09-01-04, 08:34 PM
Congratulations Marine! Ain't that about the greatest feeling in the world???

ramy
09-01-04, 09:16 PM
Congrats !

I bet its the best feeling in the world.

1recon
09-01-04, 10:03 PM
It sure is! CAR, I would like to try for recon if I can get better at swimming. My swim level is way too low.

CAR
09-01-04, 10:31 PM
Good luck on that. I wish I had done that route. When you get to a base and have a chance, work the under water stuff. I used to be at the instructor level but now I'll probably be a floater, but I remember it being tough, anyhow those guys should be able to give you some good workouts. Ask tons of questions from the recon bubba's. Give it your best.

yellowwing
09-02-04, 02:06 AM
I did a bit of swim training. 100 yards with your hands and feet tied is a real MOTHER! I got my rythm down for most of it, but then I came up for air and swallowed water. Panic shot through my entire being. It was, so far, the hardest thing I ever had to do in my life, to calm down and get the rythm back. Staying alive is a real good motivator!

Congrats on graduation! There nothing in the world like it :marine:

alanUSMCDEP03
09-02-04, 12:08 PM
1recon, I graduated E. Co. Plt. 2072, Honor Platoon, on Aug. 27. What platoon were you in?

cjdoyle
09-02-04, 12:29 PM
Congratulations Marine
:marine: :banana: :marine:
Sgt D

Sparrowhawk
09-02-04, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by yellowwing
I did a bit of swim training. 100 yards with your hands and feet tied is a real MOTHER! I got my rythm down for most of it, but then I came up for air and swallowed water. Panic shot through my entire being. It was, so far, the hardest thing I ever had to do in my life, to calm down and get the rythm back. Staying alive is a real good motivator!

Congrats on graduation! There nothing in the world like it :marine:

Hey, I swam across the Rio Grande, does that count?

Oh, oh and across the Sung Thu Bon River, in South Vietnam, but that time, I don't think I was really swimming more like propelling as the gooks tried to shoot at us in the water... LOL

Recon huh?

That was one MOS, I didn't want, had enough encounters in the bush as it were. I certainly do respect those that served in 1st Recon in Nam, Company went on a Bald Eagle twice to get them out, but they held their own for over 7 hours.

Two weeks later they lost another two men, and a week later we went back and recovered those bodies.

SF

Cook

grayshade
09-02-04, 01:50 PM
Hey congrats 1Recon, proud to here we have another brother in our ranks. Stay true and stay strong, take that from an old Recon bubba. Try not to get water-logged.

Semper Fi, Marine

:marine:

DSchmitke
09-02-04, 02:02 PM
Welcme to the Brotherhood Marine.

jinelson
09-02-04, 02:12 PM
Congratulations Marine!

Semper Fi

Tom Hansen
09-02-04, 04:13 PM
You should be swinging in the wing that way you can fly over the water.....

tophor
09-02-04, 07:38 PM
Congrats MARINE!! SEMPER FI!!!

1recon
09-02-04, 08:47 PM
alanUSMCDEP03, I was in follow series in Plt 2076. How did your Senior Drill Instructor take losing final drill?

Underleft
09-17-04, 12:47 PM
"I did a bit of swim training. 100 yards with your hands and feet tied is a real MOTHER! I got my rythm down for most of it, but then I came up for air and swallowed water. Panic shot through my entire being. It was, so far, the hardest thing I ever had to do in my life, to calm down and get the rythm back. Staying alive is a real good motivator!" - yellowwing

I know exactly what your talking about!! I did the same thing!