PDA

View Full Version : 'V' for valor awarded with a Silver Star?

Sparrowhawk
08-29-04, 09:53 PM
Sorry, Ellie but this one also deserves its own thread. <br />
<br />
Did kerry alter his DD214? <br />
<br />
<br />
&lt;hr&gt; <br />
<br />
'V' for valor or for Kerry's version?

thedrifter
08-29-04, 09:58 PM
I just read and find and then place them in....Cook.

You can pick and choose....;)

Ellie

JP YH08
08-29-04, 10:03 PM
So , shouldn't the doccuments be turned over to the FBI?? Let

SKerry answer to them,but will they( FBI ), persue it???

SEMPER FIDELIS ! Jimmy

MillRatUSMC
08-29-04, 10:34 PM
There were over 100,000 protesting and recently some reports that might be damaging to the current government.
More Americans have no insurance and more are homeless.
There might have to be some changes in the Social Security, or the baby boomer's won't get what was promised.
Many are not happy with post war Iraq.
Speak to me about these issues not this BS.
I'm sure many want answers to those issues.
They're not interested in events that might or might not have happened.
How are you going to prove that he did all this.
There errors in some Service Record Books.
I have entries of units I was supposed to have been attached to.
I think some clerk did to save himself some paper work.
Did a clerk or the Officer that wrote that citation make an error.
Should John Forbes Kerry have that removed from his SRB?
Miscalculation on post war Iraq is costing us big time.
Speak to me about that not events from the past...

Semper Fidelis/Semper Fi
Ricardo

Sparrowhawk
08-29-04, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by thedrifter
I just read and find and then place them in....Cook.

You can pick and choose....;)

Ellie

Ellie you do find some good ones...

that need special atention....

<hr>

<hr>

"Kerry should know if he is authorized to wear the Silver Star with a "V"

Oh, I forgot he threw the original away over the fence at the US Capitol.

I think we'll probably soon be seeing Rear-echalon Clerks for the truth.

"I served with John Kerry and was there when he got his Silver Star, " said the clerk that typed out kerry's DD214.

When kerry left the service, there was no "V" in the Silver Star award in his DD214. What happened was that, I flashed him the Peace hand sign, and he might have mistook it for a "V" and had another Clerk type it up that way."

Sparrowhawk
08-31-04, 07:51 PM
First Kerry gets three Purple Hearts now he has three different Silver Stars....

<hr>

Kerry citation a 'total mystery' to ex-Navy chief

August 28, 2004

BY THOMAS LIPSCOMB

Former Navy Secretary John Lehman has no idea where a Silver Star citation displayed on Democratic presidential nominee John Kerry's campaign Web site came from, he said Friday. The citation appears over Lehman's signature.

"It is a total mystery to me. I never saw it. I never signed it. I never approved it. And the additional language it contains was not written by me," he said.

The additional language varied from the two previous citations, signed first by Adm. Elmo Zumwalt and then Adm. John Hyland, which themselves differ. The new material added in the Lehman citation reads in part: "By his brave actions, bold initiative, and unwavering devotion to duty, Lieutenant (jg) Kerry reflected great credit upon himself...."

Asked how the citation could have been executed over his signature without his knowledge, Lehman said:

"I have no idea. I can only imagine they were signed by an autopen." The autopen is a device often used in the routine execution of executive documents in government.

Kerry senior adviser Michael Meehan could not be reached for comment on Kerry's records.

Thomas Lipscomb is chairman of the Center for the Digital Future in New York.

Sparrowhawk
08-31-04, 07:55 PM
all of these stupid secret citations that are not legitimate, and that may be why he has been praising Kerry's war record. LOLl

Now, he can say, I didn't know they were fake, I was taken in, by all that hero stuff Kerry said about himself, like so many other Americans were.

I didn't know he was a wannabee... LMAO

CAR
08-31-04, 10:33 PM
I truly wish someone( in mainstream media) would HONESTLY check into all these charges one at a time. I'm tired of hearing all the Kerry excuses like &quot;could have been a typo in his DD-214&quot;, He was...

MAJMike
08-31-04, 10:36 PM
SSGT Ricardo has put this all in perspective in his post above.

A few years back, both the Chief of Naval Operations and the incoming Commandant of the Marine Corps discovered that there was incorrect information in their SRBs regarding awards. Both 4 stars were wearing incorrect awards and not wearing awards that they should have received. It happened to me and about 30-40% of the Marines I have served with.

It happened/happens all the time. Do you think that a Navy JG in a war zone makes his own entries in his SRB? Gimme a break!!!

GET OVER THIS S**T and focus on what is important.

If you haven't figured out that the entire Swift Boat campaign is funded by three wealthy Texans with deep ties to the Bush family and the Bush Administration, then you need to pull your heads out of your A$$es. I am embarrassed that your let the Rush Limbaughs and Sean Hannity's of the world do your thinking for you.

I can't believe that you'd bash a man with a provable war record when GWB was hiding out and not showing up for the Texas Air National Guard for a year ana a half.

Get a life, people!

CAR
08-31-04, 11:02 PM
So Major,
What you are saying is that you are ready to discount and discredit 250 plus veterans to back and follow someone who has on several instances shown that he may have been less than truthful? Many of these Vets that have come forward are not politicians. As for funding, just because some rich republican gave a thousands of dollars to an organization it makes all the vets that support that cause liars? Do the men that have signed affidavits and made statements opposite of Kerry, do you think they would sell their integrity so cheap? I wasn't there, they were! They are trying to use their freedom of speech they fought for and I for one will never stand in their way. I have my feelings on who is telling the truth, and yes mistakes happen on SRB's but it seem that Kerry has had a bad luck streak of Typo's or mishaps. To date he still has not said anything other than attack Bush, wanting Bush to surpress the rights of the Vets. That is not the answer to the question.

And Yes it is important. It shows what type of MAN he is. It shows that he says whatever to get whatever. Kerry is a man who has never worked for anything, yet he says that he's for the common man?

I'm not wanting to trash his service without proof, but look around, seems to be a boatload against him that shows his true motive.

Sparrowhawk
08-31-04, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by MAJMike

GET OVER THIS S**T and focus on what is important.

If you haven't figured out that the entire Swift Boat campaign is funded by three wealthy Texans with deep ties to the Bush family and the Bush Administration, then you need to pull your heads out of your A$$es.

I can't believe that you'd bash a man with a provable war record when GWB was hiding out and not showing up for the Texas Air National Guard for a year ana a half.

Get a life, people!

Bush has proven himself a Commander-in-Chief after 9-11 while Kerry has only proven himself to be a liar about his three purple Hearts, three Silver Stars and then he betrayed Vietnam Veterans while they were still fighting the commies that he went to dine with in Paris four months after he got out of the service.

Three POW have recently (non-of them Republicans) spoken out about how the NVA used John Kerry's words against them, and mistreated them because they were in John Kerry’s own words criminals, killing innocent civilians. Other POW's died because of John Kerry's word spoken on the Senate floor.

This man is a traitor the same as Jane Fonda, in fact I have more respect for that B itch that I do for this dog. Who was a wolf in sheep’s clothing, dressed in a military uniform, who then threw his medals away and now he wants to be a Commander-in-Chief and pin medals on our warriors?

Kerry tried repeatedly to get out of going to Vietnam, that is why he joined the NAVAL RESERVES, not the regular Navy.

"I am embarrassed that your let the Rush Limbaugh’s and Sean Hannity's of the world do your thinking for you."

Like I said, before They are too left wing for me, to listen to, in fact I can tell you I have NEVER taken the time to listen to either of them!

"GWB was hiding out and not showing up for the Texas Air National Guard for a year and a half."

Bush has released all of his records that reveal and prove that he met all his military obligations and more then what was required of him, during that time. He was a pilot and flew jets during that time, and if you know anything about pilots, they have to fly a certain amount of time, to keep their flight training up to standards. Bush did that, and his unit wasn't called up. He said if it had been he would have gone. The difference is a year's time Kerry one year before Bush, and we were downsizing by that time. So your beef holds no water.

But, where are Kerry's military records? He has allowed very few of them to be released to the media. What is he hiding, more worthless citations and reports he doctored or wrote himself?

Kerry went to Nam kicking and screaming, trying to do all he could to avoid fighting. And as I said, before if he had been a Marine Officer, we would have left him out in the boonies because of the type of officer he has been identified as being, by 250+ officers and Swift boat veterans that served with him.

And, by the way those so called rich Texans gave them only $200.000, since then its Vietnam veterans and the public that have contributed over two million to keep those ads going.

Dale Glasscock
09-01-04, 12:16 AM
Major Mike, Would like to have had you in a ville in Vietnam up until the latter part of 1971 (that would be in-country) not on a slough of a river in Vietnam. Then you could see why some have a MAJOR dislike for JFK. Try reading some Bing West novels, Major Duncan sea stories and the like, and then Get a Life, with the Marine Corps. Semper Fi, Dale

CMyr
09-01-04, 07:09 AM
A few years back, both the Chief of Naval Operations and the incoming Commandant of the Marine Corps discovered that there was incorrect information in their SRBs regarding awards. Both 4 stars were wearing incorrect awards and not wearing awards that they should have received. It happened to me and about 30-40% of the Marines I have served with.

It happened/happens all the time. Do you think that a Navy JG in a war zone makes his own entries in his SRB? Gimme a break!!!

Paragraph 1. When it comes to unit awards, they are covered by ALMARS which are to be read by All Marines. Admin units place entries into SRBs based on previous duty assignments listed in individual SRBs and Marines coming forward to tell their admin people they were there.

Paragraph 2. When it comes to personal awards, admin people place entries in an individual's SRB based on the award citation.

OLE SARG
09-01-04, 09:27 AM
How can you call piece of **** john foreskin kerry a MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE IS A TRAITOR JANE FONDA LOVING NO-GOOD ALOOF ARROGANT SOB.

I remember this *******'s rantings against the war. If he'd been in a Marine unit he would have been "FRAGGED".

If this ******* is elected, and you think Bush is bad, just wait.

Where have you been Major Mike, records indicate ******* kerry DID WRITE HIS OWN CITATIONS FOR HIS AWARDS. You are the ONE that needs to get a life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumbdown

Sparrowhawk
09-01-04, 10:00 AM

A MEDAL THAT JOHN KERRY DID EARN FOR HIS TESTIMONY THAT HELPED ENCOURAGED THE ENEMY TO FIGHT AND KILL AMERICANS

http://vvakerry.bizland.com/M4A.gif

MAJMike
09-01-04, 03:45 PM
SSGT Glasscock:

What makes you think that I know nothing of a ville in Nam? I flew 117 missions over North and South Vietnam as an A6 pilot - many of those providing close air support to grunts on the ground. I also served 43 days on the ground in the field as a 1LT FAC calling in close air support. For action that occured during that time I was awarded a Silver Star and a Purple Heart. As an aviator, I was awarded three Air Medals. I also was awarded all the unit citations and in-country awards that come with the territory - 11 in all.

SGT Car:

Explain to me how 3 fifty foot boats that were in the action now account for 254 people in the Swift Boat group - and that's after you subtract the 12 members of Senator Kerry's crew who stand beside the award citation and the AAR 100% - except for the one who is dead.

How do you explain that one of the chief critics and Swift Boat organizers who now claims that there was no enemy wasn't even on the mission?

How do you account for the maintenace reports on Lt(jg) Kerry's boat that showed numerous small arms bullet holes in the boat following the action.

How do you explain why two members of Bush's campaign staff have been forced to resign when it was discovered that they were involved in the organizatiuon and financing of the Swift Boat Veterans?

You seem to not want to address the documented facts that these men are pawns of big Texas Republican money from staunch Bush supporters.

I live in Georgia. I saw the evangelical right ring Republican's pull this same "attack" strategy on Max Cleland when he ran for reelection as Senator from Georgia in 2002. They questioned Cleland's heroism in an action that cost him both legs and an arm.

I will fight this kind of dirty, smear campaign to my last breath. I am embarrassed for thpose of you who accept the rantings of the likes of Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh as gospel. God help you!

And finally, how do you address the following from the skipper of the one other boat that was heavily engaged in the same actions (see below):

You, sir, want to believe only those things that support your Sean Hannity view of the world and discount ANY facts that don't fit into your scheme of things.

I do not support Senator Kerry's criticism of the Viet Nam war. But, as Sen. John McCain and radio personality Bill O'Reilly have pointed out, to dishonor his service and to attempt to sully and dishonor his record is both dishonorable and decietful. Those who believe this crap and espouse it to the world stain thier own honor.

---------------

See article below:

MAJMike
09-01-04, 03:50 PM
Swift boat skipper: Kerry critics wrong <br />
Tribune editor breaks long silence on Kerry record; fought in disputed battle <br />
<br />
By Tim Jones <br />
Tribune national correspondent <br />
Published August 21, 2004 <br />

MAJMike
09-01-04, 03:53 PM
Swift Boat Vets Leader Caught in Another Lie <br />
By ELIZABETH WOLFE <br />
Aug 25, 2004, 22:39 <br />
<br />
The chief critic of John Kerry's military record told President Nixon in 1971 that he had been in Cambodia in...

MAJMike
09-01-04, 04:00 PM
Swift Boat Vets Leader Adds More Lies to His Resume
By WILLIAM D. McTAVISH

Aug 19, 2004, 08:00

John E. O'Neill, leader of the anti-Kerry Swift Boat Veterans for Truth and co-author of the book, Unfit for Command: Swift Boat Veterans*Speak Out*Against John Kerry,*lied once again on national television about his partisan political activity on behalf of the Republican party.

O'Neill, appearing on Tuesday's Fox News with Brit Hume, claimed that half of $15,000 in contributions to Republicans listed in Federal Election Commission records actually were made by a law partner with a "similar name."

"My law partner has almost the same name, Edward J. O'Neill," claims O'Neill, who practices law in Houston.* In an earlier interview with newspaper reporters, O'Neill claimed the contributions were made by his firm, not him, but federal law prohibits corporate contributions to federal candidates and he changed the story before appearing on Fox.

Asked by Fox News correspondent Brit Hume to explain nearly $15,000 in donations to Republicans,*O'Neill said, "about half of them were mine. Those are actually funds, as nearly as I can tell, that were given my -- by some -- my law partner who has almost the same name, Edward J. O'Neill. I simply didn't give them. I would have been happy to give them. I just didn't."

But Federal Election Commission Records clearly identify "John E. O'Neill" as the individual contributor of $14.650 to candidates -- all Republicans -- since 1990. FEC Records also list contributions by Edward J. O'Neill but they are different from the contributions listed for John E. O'Neill.

Edward J. O'Neill donated $1,000 to then-Texas Governor George W. Bush's campaign in 1999, $250 to former Democratic presidential candidate General Wesley K. Clark's primary campaign in 2003, and other contributions to both Democrats and Republicans.

"I've given more to Democrats than Republicans," John O'Neill claimed on Fox but FEC records do not show a single contribution from John E. O'Neill to any*Democratic candidates.*When pressed, he said he gave to Democrats "at the local level" and Republicans "at the national level."

However,*a search of records with the Texas Ethics Commission, keeper of contribution records, finds no contributions listed for John E. O'Neill. Houston City Council Records show a $10,000 contribution to at large council candidate Ronald Green, a Democrat.

"I'm not a Republican or a Democrat," O'Neill told Hume, but he was first recruited into politics by President Richard M. Nixon's chief counsel, Charles Colson, and set up with a veterans front group to challenge then anti-war activist John Kerry's activities.

"We found a vet named John O'Neill and formed a group called Vietnam Veterans for a Just Peace. We had O'Neill meet the President, and we did everything we could do to boost his group," Colson told reporter Joe Klein in a January 5 interview published in The New Yorker magazine.

O'Neill later clerked for Supreme Court Justice William Rehnquist, a Nixon appointee, and worked in Republican politics in Harris County, Texas. His political activities for the GOP got him on the short list for a federal judge appointment under former President George H.W. Bush, according to Texas Lawyer magazine and Harris County voter registration records show he votes in GOP primaries.

FEC records compiled by the non-partisan Center for Responsive Politics show O'Neill's political contributions go only to Republicans and include:

* 2004: $2,000 to Duane Sand (ND)

1999: $1,000 to Peter Staub Wareing (TX)

1998: $250 to Rudy Izzard (TX)

1996: $1,000 to Brent Perry (TX)

1994: $2,500 to Texas Republican Congressional Committee

1993: $2,500 to Texas Republican Congressional Committee

1992: $1,000 to Texas Republican Congressional Committee

1992: $1,000 George H.W. Bush

1992: $1,000 to Clark Kent Ervin (TX)

1991: $1,000 to Clark Kent Ervin (TX)

1990: $400 to Hugh Dunham Shine (TX)

1990: $1,000 to A Tribute To Ronald Reagan

CAR
09-01-04, 05:43 PM
Major, <br />
Thanks for the articles. Some good points but some are truly irrelevant. I will concede to you that we may never know the REAL truth of what happened, however my anger comes from the...

OLE SARG
09-02-04, 11:13 AM
CAR - "Good points".

kerry's own accounts of Vietnam leave a lot to be desired. His memory and his medal citations all differ so much (AND HE WROTE THEM). His do-nothing record in the Senate SPEAKS VOLUMES about him - twenty years of getting paid by tax payers for not doing a damn thing. I have said it before and I'll say it again, if it weren't for his family and his wealth, he would have served full tours in Vietnam and he wouldn't be where he is now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It sounds to me like MajMike is the brainwashed pawn here.

As a note, accounting for the bullet holes in his boat, getting "wounded" from shooting his own grenade round speaks volumes on his marksmanship training.

I think what is "seared" in kerry's memory is his own "CONSCIENCE".

SEMPER FI