PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Marines, I'm outta here!

PooleeWebber
08-28-04, 06:08 PM
I leave tomorrow morning for Parris Island. I just wanted to say thank you to all Marines and poolee's who have been so helpful while I've been in the DEP. This site is great, and so are the Marines who frequent it. The next time I post, I will be a United States Marine, the few, the proud, rough and ready.

Wish me luck!

GUNG HO!

-Poolee Webber

yellowwing
08-28-04, 06:35 PM
Have lots of fun! And don't forget to visit the scenic beaches. It would be wise to have your AirMiles card validated.

Other than that BS, keep your mouthed closed and your ears open. Never quit, Never give up!

CAR
08-28-04, 06:38 PM
Good luck to you Webber. Just don't have a brain fart and forget right from left and you should do good. Once you earn it, wear it with pride. Semper Fi

CMyr
08-28-04, 07:03 PM
Best wishes to you - good luck, too!! :)

Angel
08-28-04, 07:11 PM
GOOD LUCK!! and Hope you Achieve your goals and come back a true Marine! Take Care..

thedrifter
08-28-04, 07:12 PM
Good Luck and Best Wishes

Make Us Proud

The Drifter's Wife

Ellie

CMyr
08-28-04, 08:10 PM
Poolee Webber - You pack any rain gear??

COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) -- A hurricane watch was issued for the South Carolina coast Saturday as forecasters predicted Tropical Storm Gaston would make landfall near Charleston on Sunday night.

The National Hurricane Center posted a hurricane watch for the South Carolina coast from the Savannah River to Little River Inlet as Gaston drifted slowly to the northwest.

CplCrotty
08-28-04, 08:24 PM
PooleeWebber - You are about to begin one of the most exciting journerys of your life. I will pass on the same advice my father gave to me, the morning I left for Recruit Training, over 21 years ago -
"Take what you are doing seriously, but don't take yourself too serious."
Good luck!

PooleeWebber
08-28-04, 08:44 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by CMyr
Poolee Webber - You pack any rain gear??

Haha, lets hope that it's mostly blown over by the time I fly in tomorrow night. I don't think it's too bad of a hurricane though. We'll have to wait and see, but a friggin storm ain't gonna stop me from getting it done!

Thanks again for the advice Marines!

Sparrowhawk
08-28-04, 10:20 PM
keep your mouth shut, your eyes open and your ears tuned in, and have fun.

Semper fi

Cook

Jersey Joe
08-28-04, 10:55 PM
Good Luck and, as Churchill said, "Never Give Up, Never Never Give Up, Never Never Never Give Up" Do your best and make
us AND YOURSELF proud.

Semper Fi

PooleeWebber
08-28-04, 11:04 PM
Quick question -

I was just going over my ship paperwork, and I noticed it says to bring a certified record of my civilian immunizations. Is that really mandatory, or can it be looked over?

MAJMike
08-28-04, 11:59 PM
If you don't have a certified record, you will probably be given all the immunizations again.

Nothing is "looked over."

PooleeWebber
08-29-04, 12:14 AM
Acknowledged, thank you sir.

MillRatUSMC
08-29-04, 12:36 AM
You're now start on a jouney that many years in my past.
At that time we weren't as prepared as you are today.
Yet in some ways, we were preparing without knowing that we were.
All my uncles had been or were Army.
The set an example for me to follow, failure wasn't an option.
Maybe you could use that, failure is an option...

Semper Fidelis/Semper Fi
Ricardo

Booyah!
08-29-04, 06:50 PM
Finally after all the delays that I have had. I am on my way to PI tomorrow. I am at the hotel in Columbus right now, and I am about ready to hit the rack. Thanks for all of the wisdom on the site.

- Anthony Boyer

hrscowboy
08-29-04, 10:30 PM
let the nightmares begin................ orahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

HardJedi
08-30-04, 05:54 AM
goodluck and godspeed

Tom Hansen
08-31-04, 08:20 AM
Poolee Webber, enjoy it. You will in the years to come look back at boot camp and chuckle...

airframesguru
08-31-04, 08:24 AM
Good Luck Killer!

Mike

cjdoyle
08-31-04, 08:59 AM
Good Luck talk to you in a few months
God speed\

Curt
Sgt D