PDA

View Full Version : Suspended license?

PooleeWebber
08-24-04, 08:21 PM
I think my license is going to be suspended because of a freaking ticket I got. I ship out in 5 days....is this going to be a problem?

All fines and everything else are paid for. Is my license required to start boot camp?

Please help me out, crap like this happening right before I ship is making me really freakin nervous.

Thanks,

-Poolee Webber

CMyr
08-24-04, 08:35 PM
Check with your recruiter right away. Used to be "excessive" tickets required a waiver, so the recruiter would need to take care of that pronto.

Phantom Blooper
08-24-04, 08:43 PM
PooleeWebber,I agree with CMyr,check with your recruiter ASAP! But on a lighter note when you go off to the MCRD,you will not need you drivers license.
Is my license required to start boot camp? Unless they changed it to riding,instead of running or humpin' with Pat & Charlie! Good Luck!Semper-Fi!!Chuck Hall:marine:

PooleeWebber
08-24-04, 08:46 PM
Thank you CMyr and Phantom!

That is somewhat relieving knowing my license isn't REQUIRED to start boot camp. I'm so pumped to leave, and if any stupid bullcrap like this got in my way of becoming a Marine I'd be ****ed off beyond belief.

Thanks again for the quick responses Marines, MUCH appreciated.

-Poolee Webber

hrscowboy
08-25-04, 01:19 AM
nope your going to jail the minute you hit them yellow steps... its called drill instructors nightmares...

PooleeWebber
08-25-04, 02:39 AM
Haha, I love the fact that hrscowboy is ensuring the mind games start even before I get to MEPS.....:evilgrin:

On a side note, I just gave the girlfriend her "good bye present", USMC style, if you know what I mean! :thumbup:

-Poolee Webber

LivinSoFree
08-25-04, 10:59 AM
Err.

PooleeWebber
08-25-04, 11:01 AM
Hey Livin, did they need your license or check your license at all at the MCRD when you got there?

Tom Hansen
08-25-04, 02:58 PM
Just let your DI's know about your ticket situation, I'm sure that they will would like to become the Judge and Jury, they would love correct sentance.......

CMyr
08-25-04, 03:55 PM
Tom Hansen is right, PooleeWebber. Especially if you don't tell your recruiter and an arrest warrant is issued for you. Then they pull you from your platoon and put you on legal hold, etc., etc., etc. Don't give the drill instructors any more fodder - let us know that you've taken care of this with your recruiter.

PooleeWebber
08-25-04, 04:01 PM
I have already spoken to my recruiter about it, Marines. He said as long as all fines are paid off and no costs our dates are pending, then I'm good to go.

My main worry was that if the secretary of state suspends my license during training, they'll pull me from my platoon.

So far it looks like that won't be a problem.

LivinSoFree
08-25-04, 04:13 PM
They told me to bring it, but I never actually had to show it to anyone, I guess they figured that no one would impersonate someone else to go through something like THAT.

CMyr
08-25-04, 04:13 PM
Thank you for the info, PooleeWebber. Good luck to you on your upcoming adventures. :)

yellowwing
08-25-04, 04:33 PM
I guess you just won't be able to drive around during training. You'll have to speed march out to the range like everyone else! :D

CAR
08-25-04, 05:31 PM
You won't need your Driver License for anything driving related. Not sure how your state is but if you have the Physical DL then it still serves the purpose of Identification. If your state confiscates your DL then you can always go get a State ID (DMV) before you go. Only costs a few bucks.

Last I checked you don't need a DL for boots and go fasters.

ps Hrscwby is right: Your thinking about it- Good Luck Devil Pup:)

drillinstructor
08-28-04, 04:37 PM
keep enjoying your time it will end when u show up...I will give you stories to tell your grandkids

yellowwing
08-28-04, 06:38 PM
Yup! I remember the words of the Series Company Comander, "Drill Instructors, train your platoon." Then all hell broke loose for 13 weeks. :)