PDA

View Full Version : Kerry now says swifties did not commit crimes the other veterans did

Sparrowhawk
08-24-04, 05:20 PM
This guy is a scumbag, I would have left him out in the boonies, had he been my platoon commander in Nam

<hr><hr>

KERRY PHONES SWIFT BOAT FOES

**World Exclusive**

The Drudge Report (http://drudgereport.com)

Dem presidential hopeful John Kerry personally phoned anti-Kerry swift boat vets, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned.

Kerry reached out to Robert "Friar Tuck" Brant Cdr., USN (RET) Sunday night, just hours after former Sen. Bob Dole publicly challenged Kerry to apologize to veterans.

Brant was skipper of the #96 and # 36 boat and spent time with Kerry in An Thoi. Kerry and Brant slept in the same quarters, and Brant used to put Kerry back to bed at night when Kerry was sleepwalking.

Brant received a call from Kerry at his home in Virginia while he was watching the Olympics on TV.

The call lasted 10 minutes, sources tell DRUDGE.

KERRY: "Why are all these swift boat guys opposed to me?"

BRANT: "You should know what you said when you came back, the impact it had on the young sailors and how it was disrespectful of our guys that were killed over there."

KERRY: "When we dedicated swift boat one in '92, I said to all the swift guys that [b] I wasn't talking about the swifties,

I was talking about all the rest of the veterans."

Kerry then asked if he could meet Brant ["You were one of the best"] -- man to man -- face to face.

Brant declined the invite, explaining that Kerry was obviously not prepared

yellowwing
08-24-04, 05:27 PM
Drudge Report has been debunked on several points of his swift boat gossip/smearing. At least he doesn't claim to be a journalist.

The trouble is real journalist fear getting scooped, they often follow along with this hack.