PDA

View Full Version : Kerry Campaign Backtracks On First Purple Heart Award

Sparrowhawk
08-24-04, 05:05 PM
Ellie; this deserves a thread of its own....

A couple of months ago, a liberal press which I had never heard about, The Daily Howler (http://www.dailyhowler.com/dh042904.shtml) googled me" LOL

TIMES GETS TOOK (http://www.dailyhowler.com/dh043004.shtml)

and then they went and called me a “consummate rube”

I had to look both of those words up, just to make sure I understood what the writer meant, humm only made me laugh harder.

Anyways Ellie posted this news item on another tread and I felt it deserves better coverage. Maybe I'll now send the Daily Howler a copy...

<hr>

<hr>

For Immediate Release

Tuesday, August 24, 2004

KERRY CAMPAIGN BACKTRACKS ON FIRST PURPLE HEART AWARD

Campaign Says May Have Been Self-Inflicted

Washington—In a reversal of their staunch defense of John Kerry's military service record, Kerry campaign officials were quoted by Fox News saying that it was indeed possible that John Kerry's first Purple Heart commendation was the result of an, unintentional, self-inflicted wound."

"GARRETT: And questions keep coming. For example, Kerry received a Purple Heart for wounds suffered on December 2, 1968. But in Kerry's own journal written nine days later, he writes he and his crew, quote, "hadn't been shot at yet," unquote. Kerry's campaign has said it is possible this first Purple Heart was awarded for an unintentional self-inflicted wound -- Brit." (Special Report with Brit Hume Aug.23, 2004)

A recent television ad from Swift Boat Veterans for Truth featured Doctor Lewis Letson who treated Kerry for his minor injury and Grant Hibbard who served as John Kerry's direct commander on the mission where he claimed his medal. Both men say Kerry did not deserve the medal given the fact that Kerry received a very minor wound requiring no more than band-aid treatment and because the wound was not a direct result of hostile fire, a requirement for a Purple Heart commendation.

"When Grant Hibbard and Doctor Letson appeared in our ad, they were attacked and vilified by the Kerry campaign but now we see news reports saying the Kerry campaign is now sheepishly acknowledging that what we said was true," said Admiral Hoffmann, founder of Swift Boat Veterans for Truth. "John Kerry's own journal reinforces the fact that neither Kerry nor his crew had seen hostile enemy action. John Kerry's first Purple Heart medal is based on fiction."

Swift Boat Veterans for Truth is calling on the Kerry campaign to apologize to Grant Hibbard and Doctor Letson as the men did nothing more than come forward to speak the truth about the situation involving John Kerry's first Purple Heart medal.

This is not the only incident in which Kerry campaign officials have changed their story concerning Kerry's prestigious war medals. The incident on the Bay Hap River in which Kerry received his third Purple Heart and Bronze Star has also been the subject of considerable waffling by Kerry officials.
During the Democratic National Convention, Kerry used the Bay Hap River incident to suggest that he alone returned to rescue Jim Rassmann—a Special Forces solider—who was on Kerry's boat and was tossed into the river. Kerry described this incident to the American people as "No man left behind."

However Kerry officials were forced to acknowledge that Kerry's boat actually left the scene when another swift boat—operating on the other side of the river—was damaged by an underwater mine. Kerry officials now admit that Kerry's boat returned after several minutes to pull Rassmann from the water while three other swift boats remained on site to render assistance to the injured crew of the one damaged boat. Campaign officials once claimed that Kerry returned to the scene under withering hostile fire to rescue Rassmann after all the other swift boats left. But other accounts from eyewitnesses of that day confirm that the other boats stayed on site and that Kerry returned to the scene, facing no enemy fire, only seconds before another swift boat was preparing to retrieve Mr. Rassmann from the water.

"John Kerry's stories are falling apart," added Hoffmann. His statements don't even match up with his own journal entries. We are going to continue telling the truth about John Kerry's military service record so that the American people can make their own decisions about John Kerry's qualifications to be the next Commander in Chief."

Direct media inquiries to media@swiftvets.com.

http://www.swiftvets.com/

Ellie

thedrifter
08-24-04, 05:09 PM
Cook, understand....

The story is still developing, and I can see it is getting nasty.....

Ellie

CAR
08-24-04, 06:42 PM
Oh the tangled web we weave, but your right, it will get nasty. I hate to see that our Vietnam Vets have to go through this crap again.

Mom always said tell the truth and I won't beat on you...much!

docsavage
08-25-04, 04:23 PM
FOX NEWS - please give me a break! Rupert Murdock or some rich republican - their not news, they are more of Bush's henchmen. How about his lawyer resigning today. How about the fact that the government is in the dumpster. Do any of you loyal Americans remember My Lai and Lt. William Calley; please stop bashing Kerry and looking for ways to discredit him. Bush is running the country into the ground. No jobs, no health care, no energy independence, no research monies, a stagnant economy - asleep at the wheel with no plan - 10 nobel laureates (sp) today signed a petition indicating Bush's plans for the economic future are a disaster - think about the country and its future; not whether or not john kerry slighted you by speaking the truth in front of congress

yellowwing
08-25-04, 04:30 PM
The country was split over the FLA2000 thing. Then 9/11 brought us ALL back together.

Where was the leadership to keep us together?

MillRatUSMC
08-25-04, 04:46 PM
Under the criteria for a Purple Heart if you're underfire even a self inflicted wound that requires medical assistance is enough for a Purple Heart,
Have we forgotten those Purple Hearts given for bruises in Kosovo?
We drawing at straws recently.
Its impossible to know what is true or a lie.
It's a shame on America that we're left with these choices for our highest office.
Both have troubled in their young lives.
If we keep up with all this, the wounds will never heal...

Semper Fidelis/Semper Fi
Ricardo

CAR
08-25-04, 04:53 PM
This country was split in 2000 and it had nothing to do with Bush. It was brought together in mourning for 9/11 but this country still has it's political BS that just seems to get worse. If it truly came together after 9/11 it would still realize the threat of attack is still highly probable. Terrorists aren't stupid, nuts yes, but stupid no. They know to wait, and wait they will until we let our guard down or stop looking. Kerry CAN'T fight that fight, it's not in his character. Don't base it solely on "awards" he earned in Nam, cause if that is the criteria I bet we could come up with thousands of TRULY decorated Heros. Look at all the grains of sand about Kerry's past and I bet you'll have more than a mole hill

docsavage
08-25-04, 06:09 PM
George Bush is a liar, a hypocrit, he caters to big business, he is radical, arrogant and proudly ignorant. He reminds me of Richard Nixon - the republicans are at it again. I just watched the...

Sparrowhawk
08-25-04, 06:35 PM
Veterans have against Kerry, especially because of his self-serving glorification. 250 swiftees that served in the same unit he did have called him a liar and signed sworn affidavit to that effect. I tend to beleive them.

But I have found that many that are voting for Kerry, are not voting for him, because they think he will do a better job, in fact many do not think he will.

Why they are voting for Kerry is because they don't like Bush, they hate him and yet no one seems to be able to point out why or give any real evidence that he lied or did any of things he is accused of doing. The Liberal press has done an exellent job of giving the public a big snow job.

There is no evidence that he lied or caused us to go into Iraq without a reason. Even Kerry acknowledges we needed to do Iraq.

Kerry's men are already reeking in millions from contracts he negotiated with Vietnam via Clinton's official recognition of that Nation, Kerry was right up Clinton's butt when the president went there and has been cashing in since then.

I wonder how many of you will vote for Kerry and in two years will swear if he is elected, that you did not vote for him.

This man is a total scumbag, a proven liar, he betrayed veterans before what makes you think he won't do it again?

Oh, I can't wait for Teresa Haines to be farting in the white house, poking her nose and cussing like a swabbie (sorry swabbies) when they entertain, world leaders...

The ACLU will probably move their headquarters into the west wing, while Michael Moore and Barbra Streisand will share the Lincoln Bedroom.

If Kerry is elected, it will be a circus worst then Clinton, Al Gore will probably be offered a spot as official White House greeter and Hillary and Janet Reno will openly reveal their lesbian relationship and request to be married in the Rose Garden..

Yep, it’s going to be a hack of a show if Kerry wins....

And then I will ask, who voted for him and many will say… No I

CAR
08-25-04, 06:57 PM
Doc,
It really sound like you just hate Bush and the hek with whoever else is running solong as it isn't Bush. First off when will the "Bush is Stupid" montra stop. Its old. He's not Stupid and I think anyone who is being honest can see that. Thruly already stated that his medal was based off the after action report written by Kerry. He said he will gladly give it back. There are printed stories of Kerry changing his story, stated by him and more so by his spokesmen. As for raping the middle class? More people own home today than in the past. Home prices have sored because business was good and loans were down. Under the Bush administration several big corporations have been brought down for fraud and several people have been sentenced and more coming. CEO's that ruined middle class lives. As for Cheney getting 20 million as a parting gift. He had a lot of stock in the company, he ran it. Yes he got paid a ridiculas amount, so does every other big CEO who leaves a company, it's called a golden parachute, don't agree with it but it is not exclusively a republican deal. Under Clinton hundreds of dot.com companies came up and fizzled out destroying thousands of lives, why because companies were not held accountable for their over inflating (fraud).
Yes, I like Bush, I don't follow him blindly and sure he has some skeletons, but given the choices, he is the best man for the job.

docsavage
08-25-04, 07:59 PM
What about the budget deficit? What about social security? When the baby boomers are mid stream in needing their benefits; the government will be 10.5 trillion in the red in just social security alone. I don't care about Bush's skeletons. He has had four years to straighten this country out or keep it going positively. He has surrounded himself with good people (Colin Powell and Condelezza Rice) and then not listened to them.

You can not propose a constitutional amendment to take people's rights away from them. As the budget deficit grows, more and more products, services and rights disappear. I called it the Houdini budget. Do you know that the middle income 20% (40-60%)of taxpayers (average income around $50k) only got back $1000 dollars in tax relief - they lost tons more. Those making over $200 got back $72k on average. What about the environment, research. When you are old and suffering from ALzhiemers, you won't remember that you could have voted for stem cell research and saved your butt. However, the "dry drunk" president and his cronies (Cheney and Ashcroft) wanted to shove their beliefs down your throat and if you elect them again, they will. What will motivate them to do a good job in the next four years when the call for re-election won't exist.

Bush is not the best man for the job; its not even close. He has 4 years and this country and our children's future is in serious peril. While I will survive a Bush presidency (I am 56) I wonder about my kids in particular and the country in general

docsavage
08-25-04, 08:06 PM
Just to clarify; I meant $200,000 saved $72,000 in taxes and I have articulated only a few off my concerns with Bush. There is some evidence that he payed for an abortion for a woman he was seeing in 1970 and now the sanctimonous pri__ preaches against abortion - although I have heard that he will allow it some circumstances.

Please the country is in peril. The new jobs he has found pay almost $9.00 less per hour than those were lost.

eddief
08-25-04, 08:35 PM
It's not really Bush that is screwing things up. It's the PNAC neoconservative crowd that he decided to run with that's the major malfunction. They had a blood lust for Iraq (on behalf of their first love Israel) even before the 2000 election.

CAR
08-25-04, 08:35 PM
Want to get mad about taxes? Look to Kerry's wife who paid 14% of her "income". She is a Billionaire!!! (guess that's not the rich you mean) I pay more of a % than she does. don't have the luxury of all the loop holes and defering my taxes to offshore companies to claim I didn't make any money. I pay and so does everyone else. Don't get mad at "tax cuts" get ****ed cause noone shuts the loop holes. Left and right benefit.

Beliefs on the stem cell: Bush doesn't believe in it at all according to his religion, yet he still funds it to a limited amount. Cautiously! Why? Because NOONE can say that it will work. It is a THEORY. No other president has funded such a project, yet the media throws the "it could have saved Reagan" and hell let's use his death to push an issue. That is shameful.

Stem cell research is a science, and exactly that research. It may or may not work, The debate is where you get the stem cells. That seems to get lost in the fog of "it CAN save lives". Time will tell if it is a viable option and if so, change will come.

Social security??? I pay thousands into this beuricratic monster. My mom needs SS but I know that it will not be there for my retirement. That isn't Bush's fault either. That monster has been faultering for decades. It will take decades to fix. It will expire before it is ever fixed.

Our economy is actualy rising. Jobs lost or being shipped over seas as been happening for years. Mexico, Canada, Taiwan, India, etc...... Name me one VCR made by a USA company. Remember- Buy American! Jobs going overseas, long b-4 bush came to office. Fact is Americans want to get paid more for everything (me too) companies know others will do it cheaper. Yet I bet you have 60-75% foriegn made products in your home.

Our defecit is huge. Clintons Surplus came mainly from the economy doing so well. Businesses prospered and the Gov's investments reaped a huge reward. Wasn't a Clinton PLAN, the economy helped him look good, right up until the last years or so when everything started to fall due to tons of fraud.

docsavage
08-25-04, 09:00 PM
Spoken like a true republican who has swallowed the bush rhetoric hook line and sinker. I work for the government. I make six figures to do nothing because Bush is cutting the government to shreds.

I am a scientist who's primary research goal is to protect workers. My research is in occupational carcinogenesis. However, we have no money to find worker cancers and if we did the workplace would have to implement intervention stratagies that would be costly. And we can't fool with the bottom line - which is corporate America and all the money they make.

Tell me do you think Toyotas are foreign cars? Are Chevys domestic cars? Do you vote against school levys so you can save a few bucks and watch the value of where you live and your house go to hell. Saving a $1000 or so a year and seeing your property value nosedive because nobody wants to move there because of inadequate schools - that just makes a lotta sense to me and of course explains why offering tax breaks in reality buys votes and re-elects republicans. Clintons economic plan was due in part to higher taxes to that 1% of our population that has a taxable income over $230,000. Bush took that away and the roof caved in - 9/11 helped it but don't tell me Bush didn't have a big hand.

As for Mrs. Kerry, she doesn't seem to be about Greed to me like most of our corporate republicans; who need every single penny their ever made

arzach
08-25-04, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by docsavage
FOX NEWS - please give me a break! Rupert Murdock or some rich republican - their not news, they are more of Bush's henchmen. How about his lawyer resigning today. How about the fact that the government is in the dumpster. Do any of you loyal Americans remember My Lai and Lt. William Calley; please stop bashing Kerry and looking for ways to discredit him. Bush is running the country into the ground. No jobs, no health care, no energy independence, no research monies, a stagnant economy - asleep at the wheel with no plan - 10 nobel laureates (sp) today signed a petition indicating Bush's plans for the economic future are a disaster - think about the country and its future; not whether or not john kerry slighted you by speaking the truth in front of congress

One break coming up docsavage...please take it.

kerry's bashing himself, all the other libbers are attempting to dis-credit other 'Swifties' that disagree with kerry's claims. I don't give a ratz can, kerry's about the most blatant liar ever. You've accused Dubya of lying, where does that put you? You got proof he lied? Please....take that break you asked for.

By the way, when the hell was KheSahn a duty station,with the exception on the VietNam War. Please tell me about your 'duty' there, especially since your birthday was in '69....I'm dying to hear this one.

docsavage
08-25-04, 10:06 PM
My birthday was not in 1969; but 1947. I was at Khe Sahn in 1969. I suppose you would like to discredit my service also. Go ahead!

thedrifter
08-25-04, 10:12 PM
Play Nice Boys....;)

The dates of the birthdays...are a data error....Still working out the bugs......

Ellie

Sparrowhawk
08-25-04, 10:15 PM
My birthday was not in 1969; but 1947. I was at Khe Sahn in 1969. I suppose you would like to discredit my service also. Go ahead!

Doc

It’s you that placed your birthday as 1969, you placed that information there. You made the mistake, based on the information you had on how to fill in the blanks on this forum.

You never filled in the spot where it shows you were in Vietnam, and then placed Khe Sahn as a duty station.

You typed it in, unless you willingly lied, people may say you lied also about your birthday.

Isn't that what Bush did, took someone’s advice and based on that information filled in the blanks?

Yet you called him a liar, for that.

Now you clarified it, so did Bush. Except that he filled in the blanks with the information others gave him, you on the other hands filled it in with your own information.

Yours was a mistake Bush was a lie? Hummmm

arzach
08-25-04, 10:16 PM

Well docsavage, you'd best correct your profile. I'm not here to discredit your service, but figure kerry already did that along with mine and every other Nam Vet. You see, I didn't commit any 'atrocities' or rape and pillage villages in the manner of Ghengis Khan, I also didn't aid and abet the enemy we were fighting by giving them 'home front support' to continue the war. Damn thing would have been over after TET '68 if cronkite and fonda hadn't been doin' their gig...kerry wouldn't have even figured into the equation...in Nam or Cambodia.

arzach
08-25-04, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by thedrifter
Play Nice Boys....;)

The dates of the birthdays...are a data error....Still working out the bugs......

Ellie

BuffaloChips! 'Hawk got it right

CAR
08-25-04, 10:42 PM
Doc,
Let me just say from my time working as a federal agent under Clinton and only a year under Bush. Our union always backed the dems, They gave us more money. As a large majority, as individuals, we supported mostly republicans. Odd. Not really, I saw first hand how much frivilous spending went on just in my department and others we closely worked with. Waste, Waste, Waste. The year Bush took office, we were fighting over pennies. To me that's Tax money not being dished out, My tax money, your tax money.

As for where I live. Yes in my town I do support bond measures for school only because our school system is one of the best in the state and they manage their money well. Our towns homes are higher in price due to better schools. Do I support any state wide or county bonds for education-- no! the neighboring town is currently (always) in a financial crisis. Our schools have millions in savings (banked for a rainy day). Why because our schools are not allowed to be part of the uninon. Our teachers are paid well and our kids get a great education. Schools are top of the line. Because people are held accountable for what happens here. Just a couple miles down the road -chaos.

No doc, Toyota's, Chevy's are not all truly foreign or domestic anymore. Toys have plants in the US Not too far from my hometown in Indiana.

You want to honestly tell me that since Bush took office, somewhere down the line you were told to not mess with coorporate america?

As for Mrs Heinz-Kerry- I wonder what type of ketchup they're using in Hanoi today. "It's worth the wait."

PS- If you think I swallow the Rep line, hook line and sinker then I would suppose you do the same for the Dems . I still like hearing from you though.

arzach
08-25-04, 10:45 PM
Here docsavage...you'll feel real comfy at this site. Whole lots of Dubya haters there.

http://www.ariannaonline.com

Rick

radio relay
08-25-04, 11:11 PM
As a Vietnam Veteran, I hate, yes hate, Kerry for what he did when he came home. I could care less what he did or didn't do while in the delta.

Those of us who served our country during the Vietnam era had to endure disrespect from our fellow Americans that you could not imagine today. This was largely due to sh!tbirds, liars, and braggarts, like Kerry, who came back and gave credance with lies, to the scumbag, drug addicted, cowardly antiwar protestors, hiding out in colleges across the nation. As well as, to their running dog traitors in the national media, who only provided distorted half truths and fabrications of what was really going on in Vietnam.

It was never reported that American Marines, and Soldiers were losing their lives, and physical well being, in attempts to bring medical aid, and food, and comfort to the very families of those killing us. NVA, and VC casualties were regularly treated side by side of American wounded in American hospitals all over South Vietnam. Billions of dollars were spent on improving the infrastructure of South Vietnam, and rebuilding homes lost in the war. Not a peep from the media. They just wanted to hold the likes of John Kerry, and Jane Fonda, and the Chicago seven, and the black panthers, and all the rest of the left wing scum, up for adulation.

Kerry, and his sh!tbird, Viet Vet, anti-war "buddies" played the stooge for the media, and the left. The media wanted a "hero" to give substance to their lieing propaganda. So, he played the roll and said anything they wanted. Made up anything. Committed any desicration of America. Whatever they needed to smear the United States, or it's military, John Kerry, gave. He did such a good job that he is honored in Hanoi to this day. for helping them win the war.

Yes sir! You want that slimey traitor, Kerry, for your leader? Well, you just might get him, and you will absolutley deserve everything he brings to your party of fools!

I spent a whole lot longer in South East Asia, than John "Fonda" Kerry did. I spent a year in Vietnam, and six months in Okinawa, while in the Marine Corps. Then, after I got out, went back to S.E.A., as a civilian, living in remote N.E. Thailand, working for the U.S. government for three more years. All together, close to five years of my life were spent intimately involved with that war. I saw things Kerry never had a chance too. I can tell you, he is a lieing piece of water buffalo manure!

I ain't no fan of Bush, or the Republicans. I voted for Gore, last time! You're probably right. Bush, will most likely sell us out to his big business cronies. Kerry, will sell us out to the French, and Iranians, and Bin Ladin!!

Pick your poison. Mine will be Bush!

enviro
08-25-04, 11:42 PM
Doc - I think that while you may be smart, you are also very guillible. You believe everything negative that ANYONE says about Bush because you want to - no research has been conducted on your part - it's obvious!

Your rants are absolutely ignorant and devoid of all true meaning. To honestly blame one man for every problem in America is unjust and downright foolhardy.

YOU sound like JOHN KERRY - all blame and no solution. If you are even to be taken seriously, cut the crap about how evil Bush is. The talk of "cronies" and "henchmen" make it sound like you watch too many mob movies.

Seriously, we have real issues in this country and always have and always will. You are naive if you feel that one man caused it or one man will fix it.

Let me comment on just a FEW twisted statements:

- Bush is not responsible for Toyotas and Chevys being partly made elsewhere. Ridiculous....

- Stem cell research is a PERSONAL belief that you can blow on all day long. Some agree, some won't. Losing battle - move on.

- Mrs. HEINZ-Kerry, she doesn't seem to be about Greed to you like most of our corporate republicans? Don't even make me slam this one back at you! You know her personally? Let's not call her out since MOST of the jobs at HEINZ are overseas. Not greedy - you really buy that one, don't you?

- You make six figures to do nothing because Bush is cutting the government to shreds? You and Kerry have something in common then - be proud! Let's not blame congress for your budget. They have nothing to do with it, do they? Maybe if Kerry would ever show up to vote, you'd have your money.

- Your accusations of a "dry drunk" and getting a girl an abortion are just plain idiotic. IS there a level you won't stoop to? But hey - I won't complain about your accusations as long as you don't complain about me believing that John Kerry shoves ketchup bottles up his ass and makes Jim Rassmussen sing "Holding Out For a Hero" before they have sex in Max Cleland's wheelchair.

MillRatUSMC
08-25-04, 11:54 PM
an excerpt of what radio relay said above. <br />
<br />
quote <br />
<br />
Those of us who served our country during the Vietnam era had to endure disrespect from our fellow Americans that you could not imagine today....

enviro
08-26-04, 09:13 AM
I think the issue Ricardo is not for us to question a vetran's medals unless something is brought to light that would cause it.

In this particular case (John Kerry) he submitted himself for three purple hearts and a bronze star and silver star. On the surface, this would make him look like he went above and beyond the call of duty.

We we dig deeper, we find there are many questions left unanswered about how he obtained those medals. But who dug deeper? It wasn't us. It wasn't the press. It was John kerry himself. His public statements over the years and his flip flopping in his book "Tour of Duty" made people familiar with him take a step back and say "Hmmmmmm - something doesn't add up"

Like his senate voting records shows, John Kerry doesn't know where he stands or what happened from day to day. He takes a different stance each and every day. There has been more retractions, misstatements, and back tracking done on John Kerry's part than any other person I know.

I personally would have never questioned his service, had HE not done so himself. The SBVT would have never questioned his service publicly if John Kerry had not slammed them again in his book.

John Kerry brought this attention to himself. He exaggerated to the point that someone(s) had to raise the bullsh|t flag and call a spade a spade.

People are wondering if this type of behavior (that didn't end with his Vietnam service) is what we can expect if he is elected President.

I can't stand anyone who is into blaming America first. This guy has made it his mantra. He blamed America for starting the Vietnam war. He blamed America for atrocities in Vietnam. He blamed America for 9-11. He blamed America for the troubles in Iraq. He blamed America for the French and Germans not cooperating.

To this day, John Kerry still brags wholeheartedly on his record in Vietnam. He makes no mention of the inconsistancies. He makes no mention of his actions after the war. He makes no mention of his senate record. If you were to look at a liberal timeline of John Kerry's record it would go like this:

1. Born
2. Was a hero in Vietnam
3. Running for President in 2004

That's all John Kerry wants you to see. And I may be wrong about #1. There may have been some embarrassing factors surrounding his birth that he may not want you to know.

The guy is running for President. I think every day of his life is subject to scrutiny. His past will predict his future.

arzach
08-26-04, 09:28 AM
"To this day, John Kerry still brags wholeheartedly on his record in Vietnam. He makes no mention of the inconsistancies. He makes no mention of his actions after the war."

He has stated only that his testimony was that of a young man, but has not altered ANY of it, nor corrected it's inaccuracies.

kerry is a walking bag of worms, squirming everyway he can to get outta the bag....

S/F
Rick

Sparrowhawk
08-26-04, 11:04 AM
In the book &quot;Unfit for Command&quot; and in other news stories it has been pointed out and Kerry has not responded to those charges. <br />
<br />
But they show from the begining how Kerry feared his assignment so...

arzach
08-26-04, 11:23 AM
Only reasonable Cook...officers write AARs, always did, always will. kerry bears the mark of a habitual liar, always telling more lies to cover the original ones....anybody who even starts to think...

yellowwing
08-26-04, 02:26 PM
Take a good look at that news article. Read if carefully. The point of the testimony was that Nixon and Congress were not getting accurate information.

Kerry would write the after action reports and the brass would inflate the enemy casualties.

Somehow Thurlow takes a "giant leap if hate" as says it proves Kerry wrote up his own medals. Its a simple spin and smear.

Give me a freakin break. How stupid do they think the American people are?

docsavage
08-26-04, 04:16 PM
I have always thought that we were supposed to criticize ideas here and not people; but I have been turned into a gullible idiot. I will say this and this will be my last post for awhile. I did not come to detest George Bush overnight. I was actually comfortable with the Republicans being in office after 9/11 but....

I have read and read and read about him - true the sources are all slanted. But there is no denying his association with Spaeth Communications and Karl Rove - he slandered Max Cleland and he insulted John McCain. I would have voted for John McCain in the last election had he been the Republican nominee for I believe McCain to be an honorable and honest American. Right now he appears to be in a box

I have been accused of not referencing my sources and this is true, but there are stories in the published literature and the public record both about his being a dry drunk and the abortion story (although not confirmed)

You have all convinced me that in spite of apparent success in life, I am uninformed idiot unworthy of the air that I breathe.

Thank you for the enlightenment.

Go forth and convince others as you have me that King George II will lead the country out of the mess he put us in. I am certain that you are comfortable with Anne Coulter and Rush Limbaugh as your public spokespersons - you couldn't ask for more rationale people to espouse your cause on the public airways.

cknow
08-26-04, 04:26 PM
yeeeeaaaaaaa!!!!

See you guys at the next MoveOn Rally

enviro
08-26-04, 05:01 PM
Personally doc, I'd take Anne Coulter and Rush Limbaugh over Jesse Jackson and Michael Moore any day.

Listen, you're whining like a democrat again. Stick around and prove your point - just do it with some class and some reference. You can't expect us to change our minds just because you can repeat what all the radical liberals are spewing.

arzach
08-26-04, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by cknow
yeeeeaaaaaaa!!!!

See you guys at the next MoveOn Rally

Don't forget to bring a stick and some diesel/gas mix...:D ..plenty of it cause it'll be piled really thick.

eddief
08-26-04, 05:31 PM
All you Republicans that are worried that the empire will fall apart if Kerry gets elected shouldn't fear. He is as committed to an American New World Order just as must as Bush is. You will get more war for empire no matter who is in the Oval Office.

Sparrowhawk
08-26-04, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by yellowwing
Take a good look at that news article. Read if carefully. The point of the testimony was that Nixon and Congress were not getting accurate information.

Kerry would write the after action reports and the brass would inflate the enemy casualties.

Somehow Thurlow takes a "giant leap if hate" as says it proves Kerry wrote up his own medals. Its a simple spin and smear.

Give me a freakin break. How stupid do they think the American people are?

according to the 250+ other swifties that served with Kerry, "AND THEN" the figures may have been further inflated, as you mentioned by the brass above.

as I've said before if only half of what the swiftees have said and signed an affidavid to reaffirm, is true this Kerry guy does not sdeserve even consideration and then his actions against the war can be seen as very anti-american....

"The last refuge of the modern liberal is patriotism. John Kerry clothed himself in the American flag and stated that he was reporting for duty with that same same flag displayed in the background that his friends used to boast of burning.

Kerry relied on ribbons and military awards as prove of his qualifications to be the Commander-in-Chief which are the same medals and ribbons he once flung at the White House which he now wants to occupy because of them. He accused the Republicans of anti-Americanism, a slur liberals once wore as a badge of honor, which his own wife recently had to admionish them before the DNC to tone down.

and you ask why, I detest this yoyo...

Sparrowhawk
08-26-04, 10:15 PM
Diary refutes Kerry claim <br />
By Stephen Dinan and Charles Hurt <br />
THE WASHINGTON TIMES <br />
Published August 25, 2004 <br />
<br />
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------...

enviro
08-26-04, 10:43 PM
Thanks Pinky, I was afraid that our quest for World Domination would be spoiled by John Kerry.

The Brain.

Everybody sing....

"Before each night is done - Their plan will be unfurled
By the dawning of the sun - They'll take over the world."

MillRatUSMC
08-26-04, 10:46 PM
And we keep on spinning!
Pray God where will it end?
Now we come to the question was he or his crew under-fire by the enemy?
If a round or rounds were fired in their direction and that self-inflicted wound was the result of him or someone directing fire on the whoever was firing and they believed it was the enemy.
By the criteria for the Purple Heart it would be enough for the granting of that Purple Heart.
By denigrating his service are we not also denigrating our service?
When will we ever let to rest events in our past?
I know that we hold ourselves to high standards and we loft those that don't meet our standards.
Many are shooting themselves in the foot.
As in shooting we best have the correct sight picture and alignment before pulling the trigger.
He a no good SOB for what he did after Vietnam, lets hold him accountable for that!
Not some foolish attempts to discredit one who discredited himself by statements made of some veterans conduct or lack of in Vietnam.
But this spinning of all these tales is getting might thin...

Semper Fidelis/Semper Fi
Ricardo

PS Respectifully submitted...

arzach
08-27-04, 07:50 AM
No problemo Ricardo...it's just exposing kerry for the absolute liar that he is remember, he's the one raised the circumstances of his RVN service, inviting scrutiny and it ain't holding water! His after in-country activities will sink him sure...but there are a lot of people out there who just pure n simple, hate Dubya. Why?

No way are we discrediting our RVN service...kerry's the one doing that, why should he get a pass? He's drudged up old memories and ripped open old wounds, what a shame he is to all of us and the country, not to mention his family! Yes, I'm very disgusted with john efn kerry.

S/F
Rick