PDA

View Full Version : Dole Questions Kerry's Vietnam Wounds

Sparrowhawk
08-22-04, 06:39 PM
About time someone began to listen to those 250 swift boat veterans, instead of just those six? veterans that keep appearing with Kerry and which the media keeps shuffling around for news stories.

<hr>

Dole Questions Kerry's Vietnam Wounds
Aug 22, 6:59 PM (ET)
By PETE YOST

(AP) Tad Devine, right, senior advisor of the Kerry-Edwards campaign, reacts as he debates Bush-Cheney...
Full Image

CRAWFORD, Texas (AP) - Former Republican Sen. Bob Dole suggested Sunday that John Kerry apologize for past testimony before Congress about alleged atrocities during the Vietnam War and joined critics of the Democratic presidential candidate who say he received an early exit from combat for "superficial wounds."

Dole also called on Kerry to release all the records of his service in Vietnam.

Separately, President Bush's re-election campaign continued to deny links to Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, an anti-Kerry group running ads in three states, after the resignation of a campaign volunteer who appeared in the group's new ad.

With Kerry taking a break from campaigning, running mate John Edwards said Bush needs to tell the group to pull its ads, a step the White House and the Bush campaign refuse to take. The White House and Bush's campaign note that Kerry has benefited from more than $62 million worth of similar advertising against the president.

"This is the moment of truth for President Bush," Edwards said in North Carolina. "The American people have to hear directly that these ads need to come off the air." Kerry also fought back in another new ad.

Dole told CNN's "Late Edition" that he warned Kerry months ago about going "too far" and that the Democrat may have himself to blame for the current situation, in which polls show him losing support among veterans.

"One day he's saying that we were shooting civilians, cutting off their ears, cutting off their heads, throwing away his medals or his ribbons," Dole said. "The next day he's standing there, 'I want to be president because I'm a Vietnam veteran.' Maybe he should apologize to all the other 2.5 million veterans who served. He wasn't the only one in Vietnam," said Dole, whose World War II wounds left him without the use of his right arm.

Dole added: "And here's, you know, a good guy, a good friend. I respect his record. But three Purple Hearts and never bled that I know of. I mean, they're all superficial wounds. Three Purple Hearts and you're out."

Kerry campaign spokesman Chad Clanton said: "It's unfortunate that Senator Dole is making statements that official U.S. Navy records prove false. This is partisan politics, not the truth."

Other Kerry supporters also rose to his defense.

"Senator Kerry carries shrapnel in his thigh as distinct from President Bush who carries two fillings in his teeth from his service in the Alabama National Guard, which seems to be his only time that he showed up," John Podesta, former chief of staff in the Clinton White House, said on ABC's "This Week."

Bush served stateside in the Guard during the Vietnam years. Podesta's reference was to the White House's release of documents earlier this year showing Bush's dental visits during his Guard years after questions arose about whether he had always reported for duty.

Bush-Cheney campaign manager Ken Mehlman also blamed Kerry for the ongoing debate, complaining on NBC's "Meet the Press" that "Kerry himself has attacked the president for his service during the Vietnam years," while the Republican's campaign has "so strongly praised" Kerry's tour of duty in Vietnam.

The Bush campaign also said the Federal Election Commission should immediately dismiss what it termed a "frivolous" complaint by Kerry's campaign alleging coordination between the re-election effort and the Swift Boat group.

http://ak.imgfarm.com/images/ap/thumbnails//WAR_POLITICS.sff_WX104_20040821140721.jpg
(AP) John Kerry poses with crewmates during the Vietnam War in this file photo, date and location...

The White House and the Bush campaign for weeks have denied any connection to the Swift Boat organization, whose early financial support came largely from a prominent Texas businessman with longtime ties to the state's top Republicans, including Bush.

The group's latest ad includes a Bush-Cheney volunteer, retired Air Force Col. Ken Cordier, condemning Kerry's 1971 congressional testimony that Dole spoke of. Cordier was a prisoner of war during Vietnam.

"Colonel Cordier did not inform the campaign of his involvement in the advertisement," a Bush campaign statement said. "Because of his involvement Colonel Cordier will no longer participate as a volunteer for Bush-Cheney '04."

A new Kerry TV ad urged the president to "denounce the smear" and 'get back to the issues" because America deserves better." The 30-second commercial, to air in the same three states as the Swift Boat group ad - Ohio, West Virginia and Wisconsin - compares Kerry's situation to the 2000 primary campaign when "Bush smeared John McCain."

McCain has condemned the ads and called on the president to do so, too.

In response, Bush's campaign released a copy of a letter it was sending to television station managers on Monday defending itself from the claims in the new Kerry ad.

Questions mounted over the motives of Kerry's critics, two of whom had praised his service in 1996, even as Kerry's supporters faced questions about the candidate. Among the allegations is that Kerry lied about being in neutral Cambodia on Christmas Eve 1968.

"I don't think anyone knows for sure whether or not they were in Cambodia that night, but they were near Cambodia on Christmas Eve," John Hurley, who heads a pro-Kerry veterans group, said on "Fox News Sunday.""He was five miles into Cambodia on a different occasion."

Another allegation is that Kerry was not under enemy fire as after-action reports say he was, an incident for which he received a Bronze Star, one of five medals earned in Vietnam.

"The after-action reports were written from Kerry's spot reports from that day," said Kerry critic Van Odell, also appearing on the same program. "None of us knew he even got the Bronze Star until more recently."

---

MillRatUSMC
08-22-04, 07:57 PM
I for one am getting sick and tired of this spin,
We've stated our points of view, now we have to listen what Bob Dole has to say on the matter of John Forbes Kerry wounds.
Who next?
If we might ask.
The Pope?
Do we put every Vietnam Veteran service under the microscope?
Even if John Forbes Kerry was the sorry's SOB in Vietnam.
Atleast he had his feet in-country, more than some now questioning his service.
As all the veterans of Vietnam know, no place was safe in Vietnam.
My main objection to John Forbes Kerry is his conduct after serving in Vietnam.
When he return from Vietnam, he was 27 years of age.
The same age as I on returning from Vietnam.
At that age did he already have his eyes on some government office.
Seeing that the anti-war was a large voice at that time, he must have thought that was the way to go.
But as we all know, sooner than later you might be called to answer for a decision made a long time in your past.
I stated this before and I'll state it now;
"That war divided this Nation than, it's dividing us now."
Lets put it behind us.
That the only way we will heal the wounds that we carry...

Semper Fidelis/Semper Fi
Ricardo

hrscowboy
08-22-04, 08:25 PM
I agree totally Ricardo...

ivalis
08-22-04, 10:47 PM
Apparently calling a spade a spade, as Kerry did, is somehow an act of treason???

WTF, rececently released tapes involving Nixon & Kissinger indicate that he wanted a way out of Nam as early as 72. NOw Kerry gets condemmed for being ahead of his time???

I remember Nixon's campaign, "anybody who had 4 yrs and couldn't get out of viet-nam should be replaced.

Johnson resigned because of the war, Humphrey essentially got hammered because he worked for Johnson. Gore got hammered (not really) because he somehow was associated w/ a BJ in the oval office.

To suggest that war crimes were not committed by both sides (during nam or any other conflict) is simply naive.

Sparrowhawk
08-23-04, 08:53 AM
No one has said that no war crimes were committed in Nam, but when they occurred and we knew of it as Marines that Marine was hauled off to LBJ jail....

Kerry is the one that wants the honor of having been a War Hero, when he disgraced that honor by "Dividing" the nation when he returned, and he is responsible for dividing the nation today for that same issue.

He had aspiration to be president of the US, long before he went to Vietnam, he had eyes on a Congressional seat when he met with Madame Nguyen Thi Binh North Vietnam’s recognized Viet Cong representative and other members of the North Vietnam Army where he “talked privately with them,” in Paris in early 1970 just a few months after he requested and got out early from military service.

It was Madame Bihn seven point for peace proposal that Kerry took to Washington, D.C. and urged our government to accept it. Among that proposal… Bihn was a member of the Central Committee of the National Front for the Liberation of the South (same, same VC)

America could have its POWs back only if we agreed that we lost, then surrendered, and then set a date to leave Vietnam.

In essence Kerry like Jane Fonda gave support to our enemy during time of war and violated the law against civilians negotiating with foreign powers. What Kerry and Bihn actually discussed has never been revealed, who arranged the meeting likewise the Kerry campaign has refused to disclose.

Kerry and the VC (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1191128/posts)

Now, that's one avenue that hasn't been followed-up, what did he discuss with our enemy while our troops were still under fire in Vietnam. Surely the CIA/FBI would have that information that should be released.

It’s important to us, especially veterans and our military to know what Kerry did or did not do in Vietnam

This man is running for the presidency, to be the Commander-In-Chief of our armed forces, he will be the most powerful man in the world representing America. Not only what he did in Vietnam or did not do in battle and what he said and did afterwards have value here but his life in general since then demands examination.

http://www.vietnamveteransagainstjohnkerry.com/ker_radio_demo.jpg
He's already been proven to be Liar, saying he was in Cambodia in Christmas sent there By Nixon to drop off a CIA spy, when the truth is, it was Johnson that was still in office, he never went to Cambodia and there was no CIA officer on his boat that gave him a lucky hat.

Kerry continuously changes his point of view according to which way the wind is blowing, how can anyone trust him?

How can our troops honor any medal pinned on their chest for bravery, by a coward that kept going when his own man fell overboard. He left his man behind to cover his own butt, and only returned to pick him up after the firing had stopped, and then to beat all, he claims to be a hero for that.

What officer other than Kerry wrote up his own Purple Heart award? THREE TIMES?

We all know we did not lose the battle in the rice paddy fields of South East Asia we lost it here at home, when we came home it was to America, it was suppose to be safe, it was what we dreamed about…

Instead we found the demonstrators against us, calling us baby killers, spitting on the US military men that served with honor, I remember seeing as a Los Angeles Police Officer the same propaganda being used by the “peace demonstrators,” as I had seen dropped on the jungle trails in Asia by our enemy. We lost the war at home and it was at home that we found field general John Kerry leading the attack on veterans.

The Constitution for the United States of America declares:
"The President shall be Commander-in-Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the militia of the several States when called into the actual service of the United States; he may require the opinion, in writing, of the principal officer in each of the executive departments, upon any subject relating to the duties of their respective offices, and he shall have power to grant reprieves and pardons for offenses against the United States, except in cases of impeachment."

Read the following and decide for yourself if you trust this man to be our Commander-in-Chief.

http://www.vietnamveteransagainstjohnkerry.com/page2.html

MillRatUSMC
08-23-04, 09:28 AM
The "truth" shall set you free."
Now how will I know the "truth" when I see it?
Everyday brings something new...and I'm starting to place little value on something paid for by a mega buck Republican from Texas.
Is this non-partisan politics?
This is starting to sound like the times of Dick Nixon.
The "truth" shall set you free."
Pray tell me what in Heaven's name is the "truth"?
We pray for guidance in these troubled times.
All politicans are self-serving even those that had "other piorities in the 60's".
The sorry SOB that John Forbes Kerry is or was in Vietnam, atleast he had his feet on the ground in-country in Vietnam.
Can't say that for many in this current government.

Semper Fidelis/ Semper Fi
Ricardo

PS There many students sons of the rich studying in the Universities in Europe, safe and out of the reach of any local draft board.
When the draft ended, those Universities lost all those students.
Where was the justice in that?

Sparrowhawk
08-23-04, 10:56 AM
MillRatUSMC

But why is the media so bothered by the $150-200 thousand given to veterans to run and ad;

When the liberal movie stars and other democrats have spent over $6 MILLION attacking Bush?

Not once has Kerry answered the veterans that served in his unit. They have only attacked the "Republican Party."

Same thing happened when I exposed Charles S. Robb, the senator from Virginian, he lied about his war record, I exposed him and they said I was connected to the Republican Candidate running agaisnt him.

The Truth was that Robb like Kerry lied and tried to make their war record more then it was, and that is unacceptable, from those seekign public office. To many paid the price of honor only for it to be cheapen by wannabees, that glorified their war records for political reasons.

Had Kerry just said I served, that would have been fine, but when he self-inflicted three wounds, wrote himself up for medals then protested against our service in Nam, that is also unacceptable.

The price and who is paying for what, should be the question when individual like Michael Moore and others make movies and release them to sway the nations opinion and those movies are based on lies.

No, one has yet proved that the 250 swift boat veterans, lied about what they saw. Even those now emerging from the woodwork to support Kerry cannot dispute what they have said in public, in their ads or in their book.

Instead they attack the Republican Party for those $150-200 thousand dolalrs donated to help them..

al20852
08-23-04, 11:12 AM
He was there. Bush was not. Did Bush hide or go AWOL? Don't know, and don't much care. As far as I'm concerned, if you were there and didn't run to Canada or go underground, you were entitled to state your opinion once you got home. This is America. You fought for it, and you earned the right to have an opinion. This is the same crap the REpublicans pulled on McCain in SC in 2000. Any group that can question McCain's character is beneath contempt.

hrscowboy
08-23-04, 11:26 AM
yep and its beyond me why McCain is not telling the repubs to back off or threaten to leave the party for pulling the same stuff on him in 2000. Buttom line is we need to move on to other things instead of worrying about a war that happened 35 years ago its over its done and we cant change a dang thing about it .

enviro
08-23-04, 04:51 PM
You are always entitled to state your opinion - whether you went to Nam or not. I was in Afghanistan and many of you around here weren't - does that mean you should shut TF up when it comes to that war? Absolutely not!

This guy came back and TURNED on his "band of brothers" - not just 35 years ago, but earlier this year in his book. This is not something Vietnam vets brought up - John Kerry brought this back up.

He sacrificed his "band of brothers" for his political career then, and he's doing it now.

And John McCain is not one of my favorite people either - since you brought it up - let's talk about how him and John Kerry stood together and absolutly swore there is no one left behind in Vietnam. This goes against the thousands of vets who saw otherwise - yet the two Johns want to go against them.

Anyone see a pattern here with John Kerry? Honestly folks, if he's elected, you'll be begging for George Bush back. Again - his senate record is atrocious and his Vietnam record isn't much better. What does he bring to the table? The mantra of "Anybody but Bush" will come back and bite you square on the ass - mark my words!

Sparrowhawk
08-23-04, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by hrscowboy
yep and its beyond me why McCain is not telling the repubs to back off or threaten to leave the party for pulling the same stuff on him in 2000. Buttom line is we need to move on to other things instead of worrying about a war that happened 35 years ago its over its done and we cant change a dang thing about it .

leave the Republican party, as least then we'll know where he stands.....

Cook

al20852
08-24-04, 08:53 AM
This discussion shows exactly what is wrong with the way this election is proceeding. Yes, Viet Nam has left scars with those of us who served and it is in our National psyche. But that happened almosty 40 years ago. We face a brand new threat which has nothing to do with Viet Nam, or with Bush and the National Guard or even with Kerry and whether he earned his purple hearts.

How are they going to conbat the Islamic extremists who would drop a nuke on us if they could? How are they going to provide my children with health insurance and give them the sort of life I have had? Tell me that. Viet Nam was important, but talking about it isn't going to give my children a better life. Neither candidate is telling me the things I need to know to make an informed choice.

hrscowboy
08-24-04, 09:02 AM
I have to agree al20852 These candidates need to move on and tell us what they are prepared to do in the future for all of us.

Sparrowhawk
08-24-04, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by al20852
This discussion shows exactly what is wrong with the way this election is proceeding. Yes, Viet Nam has left scars with those of us who served and it is in our National psyche. But that happened almosty 40 years ago. We face a brand new threat which has nothing to do with Viet Nam, or with Bush and the National Guard or even with Kerry and whether he earned his purple hearts.

How are they going to conbat the Islamic extremists who would drop a nuke on us if they could? How are they going to provide my children with health insurance and give them the sort of life I have had? Tell me that. Viet Nam was important, but talking about it isn't going to give my children a better life. Neither candidate is telling me the things I need to know to make an informed choice.

<hr>

One of the things that hurt the most about 9-11 is the hopelessness I saw in my 18-year-old daughter eyes, when 9-11 happened.

Her world would never be the same. Her innocence to the violence found in the world was lost. I found that ugliness in the rice paddie fields of South East Asia, when the NVA/VC destroyed, killed murdered, and terrorized the local villagers and then we would launch our operations to search and destroy them.

It is those same VC/NVA that Kerry supported after he got out and went to Paris to meet with the VC representatives, and who's organization he supported and was a spokesman for that went to Hanoi and praised and honored Ho Chi Minh.

And now THAT same man is now running for president to be our Commander-In-Chief. Kerry is running on his war record that was falsified by him to make him look like a hero, it is very reverent then for us to look at his actions then as well as now.

This election must expose the good, the bad and the ugliness of all candidates and let us choose.

These two man are what we have to choose from, because he will either lead us into battling the terrorist in a ways that will succeed or he will be negotiating with them for peace and will allow them to live among us while they continue to plot and plan and carry out their goals to destroy America.

That was how the Communist operated in the 60's and how Terrorism operated today.

Kerry considered Vietnam a civil war, but it was not.

Today, Kerry considers fighting terrorism a "law enforcement matter" --- not a war. (So did Clinton, and look what happened.)

Vietnam matters very much in this election.

Cook

Namvet67
08-24-04, 10:57 AM
I saw that in my 18 year old daughter's eyes as well. Vietnam does matter...more so if you were there I assume. No Vietnam was not a civil war as far as I'm concerned either. I don't like Kerry for a lot of reasons but if he is going to lie to us about his "tour of duty" in Nam....how can you trust this guy to lead our country. Yes, I am qualified to talk about Vietnam. I'm not so sure about his witness testimony....must be something in there for them for sure. Semper Fi

Namvet67
08-24-04, 11:01 AM
Hey check out that picture of Kerry. I wasn't allowed to have long hair and sideburns when I was in Nam. Looks more like a civie do to me.

hrscowboy
08-24-04, 11:32 AM
Cook thats a pretty strong statement brother what makes you think that we dont have former VC or NVA right here in the USA.
Our government has allowed anyone and everyone in this country and it didnt matter until Sept 11. Now this government wants to do something about it. Well for my part of it This government should have closed the borders along time before sept 11 I guess thats what we get for being a bunch of nice guys..

Sparrowhawk
08-24-04, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by hrscowboy
Cook thats a pretty strong statement brother what makes you think that we dont have former VC or NVA right here in the USA.
Our government has allowed anyone and everyone in this country and it didnt matter until Sept 11. Now this government wants to do something about it. Well for my part of it This government should have closed the borders along time before sept 11 I guess thats what we get for being a bunch of nice guys..

How right you are.

Littel Saigon in Orange County, California found a few among them in their midst and booted them out. LOL

Then there was that NVA officer that joined the American Legion and rose in position in their ranks and no one bothered to ask what side he served on... that was a good one....

I'm sure there are some in the USA, especially Arab-Americans that hold duel citizenship... you'll see them arise in protest against Bush in the up coming NY Republican convention. You better eblieve among those in protest will be terrorist...

but the media will paint them as citizens.....

The real question remains, if you remove the Vietnam part out of this race, who is best qualified to serve as Commander-in-Chief...

One thing for sure who ever it is, will have to face down Iran and North Korea... Kerry hasn't got the balls to do that.....

The most we could expect from him, is to hold up protest signs, condeming their actions and hope other nations do something....

We will be looked upon once again as a very weak nation.... that's a sure thing....

hrscowboy
08-24-04, 02:53 PM
cook all this talk about pulling serviceman from south Korea has me a little worried also. If we do that whats going to stop North Korea from starting that crap up again. Its my opinion we leave those troops right there. as far germany and the rest i really dont see a threat but North Korea hell yes we need to be there as far as i am concerned.

USMC-FO
08-24-04, 03:15 PM
GBudd: Swabie=long sloppy hair
USMC=High and tight

Pulling troops from Korea=Not a smart move....being use to feed Iraq with more bodies because US is understrength with folks for the pointy end of things=Reserve and Guard units called to duty and not well trained ya da ya da ya da .... PERHAPS = Iraq was ALSO not a smart move ??

thedrifter
08-24-04, 03:34 PM
For Immediate Release

Tuesday, August 24, 2004

KERRY CAMPAIGN BACKTRACKS ON FIRST PURPLE HEART AWARD

Campaign Says May Have Been Self-Inflicted

WashingtonIn a reversal of their staunch defense of John Kerry's military service record, Kerry campaign officials were quoted by Fox News saying that it was indeed possible that John Kerry's first Purple Heart commendation was the result of an, unintentional, self-inflicted wound."

"GARRETT: And questions keep coming. For example, Kerry received a Purple Heart for wounds suffered on December 2, 1968. But in Kerry's own journal written nine days later, he writes he and his crew, quote, "hadn't been shot at yet," unquote. Kerry's campaign has said it is possible this first Purple Heart was awarded for an unintentional self-inflicted wound -- Brit." (Special Report with Brit Hume Aug.23, 2004)

A recent television ad from Swift Boat Veterans for Truth featured Doctor Lewis Letson who treated Kerry for his minor injury and Grant Hibbard who served as John Kerry's direct commander on the mission where he claimed his medal. Both men say Kerry did not deserve the medal given the fact that Kerry received a very minor wound requiring no more than band-aid treatment and because the wound was not a direct result of hostile fire, a requirement for a Purple Heart commendation.

"When Grant Hibbard and Doctor Letson appeared in our ad, they were attacked and vilified by the Kerry campaign but now we see news reports saying the Kerry campaign is now sheepishly acknowledging that what we said was true," said Admiral Hoffmann, founder of Swift Boat Veterans for Truth. "John Kerry's own journal reinforces the fact that neither Kerry nor his crew had seen hostile enemy action. John Kerry's first Purple Heart medal is based on fiction."

Swift Boat Veterans for Truth is calling on the Kerry campaign to apologize to Grant Hibbard and Doctor Letson as the men did nothing more than come forward to speak the truth about the situation involving John Kerry's first Purple Heart medal.

This is not the only incident in which Kerry campaign officials have changed their story concerning Kerry's prestigious war medals. The incident on the Bay Hap River in which Kerry received his third Purple Heart and Bronze Star has also been the subject of considerable waffling by Kerry officials.
During the Democratic National Convention, Kerry used the Bay Hap River incident to suggest that he alone returned to rescue Jim Rassmanna Special Forces soliderwho was on Kerry's boat and was tossed into the river. Kerry described this incident to the American people as "No man left behind."

However Kerry officials were forced to acknowledge that Kerry's boat actually left the scene when another swift boatoperating on the other side of the riverwas damaged by an underwater mine. Kerry officials now admit that Kerry's boat returned after several minutes to pull Rassmann from the water while three other swift boats remained on site to render assistance to the injured crew of the one damaged boat. Campaign officials once claimed that Kerry returned to the scene under withering hostile fire to rescue Rassmann after all the other swift boats left. But other accounts from eyewitnesses of that day confirm that the other boats stayed on site and that Kerry returned to the scene, facing no enemy fire, only seconds before another swift boat was preparing to retrieve Mr. Rassmann from the water.

"John Kerry's stories are falling apart," added Hoffmann. His statements don't even match up with his own journal entries. We are going to continue telling the truth about John Kerry's military service record so that the American people can make their own decisions about John Kerry's qualifications to be the next Commander in Chief."

Direct media inquiries to media@swiftvets.com.

http://www.swiftvets.com/

Ellie

yellowwing
08-24-04, 04:38 PM
I think this is going to be ugly. So far the only places I seen this story is on the Swift Boat site and the gossip columnist Matt Drudge.

The Fox Brit Hume Special Report page is only current until August 20th. Nothing about the August 23rd broadcast yet, so we do not know the whole context.

thedrifter
08-24-04, 04:44 PM
I agree yellowwing....

Ellie

CAR
08-24-04, 06:29 PM
This Nam issue is important. It goes to the heart of Kerry's character. I respect that he went to Nam, and yes Bush didn't but both served, and last I checked it is not a prerequisit for the Commander in Chief office.

From my understanding, Kerry tried to get a differment to France BEFORE he went enlisted to Nam as a Reservist. He was activated and went to Nam for 4 months. Great! No problem! My problem starts when he is being questioned by fellow Nam vets and Kerry and his campain's only retort is " it's Bush' fault". I hate when people divert the question. The Vets that are questioning Kerry are not vets from Desert Storm, They served in the same waters as he did. And the stupid argument that "these guys were not in the same boat" is ignorant. He LIED about being in Cambodia, got caught on it, and now the montra is "well he was close to Cambodia" Not the same. Do you still give the benefit of the doubt or should it be investigated just as the media is investigating the 60+ vets. Hell Kerry could clear a lot up by just releasing the records. Not one straight answer. Hell from what I've read even "his" book quotes him as saying he had not been shot at and was still cocky (from kerry's own journal) 11 days after he recieved his first purple heart???? It raises lots of questions of his motive and character.

Fast forward twenty plus years in the senate to today. I know all politicians are self serving, Bush included. But it comes to more than that, We are two skyscrapers short in this country. If you would just remember the pictures of those who chose to jump 60 plus floors to thier deaths, holding hands, praying, calling home to say I love you one more time, rater than burn to death. True despare. That is the image SEARED in my mind and because of that, Our country has to get serious about fighting to keep our way of life. Bush makes people mad because he does what he needs to do to keep the US safe. Kerry would, based on past senate history, try to appease those who mean to do us harm. Our country has gotten weaker from within and it's time that is stopped.

Sorry only wanted to give 2 cents- Can't count.

ivalis
08-24-04, 08:28 PM
At the time, naval reservist did 2 yrs active duty, same as a draftee. Then they did 4 yrs of meetings. The term "activated" didn't apply to naval reservist as they were all "activated" upon enlistment.

hrscowboy
08-25-04, 01:10 AM
Gentleman let us not forget that we as serviceman where not suppose to be in Laos or Cambodia and let me tell you something else if you where there check your C21 file in your records bet it wont be in there....