PDA

View Full Version : Got Questions!?

jdewiii
08-20-04, 04:41 PM
Members, <br />
It's been awhile since I've been on but if you continue to read you might understand. Poolees here is a shot to ask whatever you want about 4 training areas. Here is where I' <br />
ve been...

Pretendo
08-21-04, 12:48 PM
Hi, I've got a question about running.

I've always been a slow runner, I've improved a lot since I've dep'ed-in, but as of now I'm barely passing the IST run (12:46). Becoming a Marine is a goal I don't plan on coming short on, so quitting is simply not an option. I was curious, how many slow running recruits (barely meeting IST requirments) have you trained with, have managed to remain with their initial platoon during their stay at boot camp? And how much did those recruits improve?

I've got a bad habit about being pessimistic about things, just looking for some inspiration before I ship next week.

jdewiii
08-21-04, 05:09 PM
Pretendo,
Your question is on running. A friend of mine didn't pass the initial PFT on the Island. Our Senior Drill Instructor, instead of sending him to PCP, took a chance and kept the recruit(my friend) with the platoon. Well, my friend during PT pushed himself and improved not only on his running but everywhere else. When you get down to the island and are running your PFT or whenever you PT or no matter what it is you do, go balls to the wall and leave nothing behind on the field. Give it more than what you think you have and when it's over and you've succeeded you'll know. Do you know what Bn. and Co. you are going to be assigned with down there at RTR? Best of luck and feel free to seek any help from me or anyone else on these boards.

JAMarine
08-21-04, 11:54 PM
I guess I'm not as good as Marine jdewiii here but I've got an observation;

It appears your already selling yourself short. Now I understand I might not be a "Today's Marine" :no: but I believe I've still got a clue.;)

Mister, it's 90% Mental, 8% Physical and the rest is for margin. It hasn't changed that much. The new Marine has better equipment than I had in my time and the same as some of the rest here but the Bottom Line Marine is Still The SAME.

Mister, give the 150%+ and don't doubt yourself. Let the Drill Instructor point out the flaws. You'll have your hands and MIND Full of keeping up.

Good Luck. I'm Proud for you and you'll do just fine.

Fi.