PDA

View Full Version : Question for new Marines....

PooleeWebber
08-18-04, 02:37 PM
A couple friends of mine who recently graduated from Parris Island have told me that boot camp has been shortened by two weeks. He said he was one of the last series to graduate with the 13 week schedule because of the amount of time the recruits spent doing "stupid stuff." (Those were his words, not mine) Can anyone varify this?

Thanks.

Poolee Webber

LivinSoFree
08-18-04, 02:57 PM
I graduated 6 August of this year, and I'm pretty sure that your friend is screwing with you. We had all 13 weeks, and heard not a single thing about the training schedule being shortened.

Caesar Augustus
08-18-04, 05:50 PM
Nope its a lie. You still go through 13wks. There are so many rumors that go about. Congrats liven. I think you were here after I graduated

hrscowboy
08-18-04, 08:50 PM
How many weeks is actual boot-camp before you go to ITR ????

Caesar Augustus
08-18-04, 11:14 PM
ITR? Infantry Training Regiment? If thats what you're refering to its now ITB Infantry Training Battalion. Its 13 wks

hrscowboy
08-18-04, 11:24 PM
ok then from bootcamp on to itb its a total of 13 weeks???

yellowwing
08-19-04, 12:10 AM
To tell you the truth, I had no concept of time at Parris Island. It seemed like it would never end. I'm just glad that it ended, and I still hold my trainers in the highest regard.

enviro
08-19-04, 12:37 AM
Recruit Training Matrix

http://www.mcrdsd.usmc.mil/RTR/RTRmatrix2A_new.htm

LivinSoFree
08-19-04, 03:46 PM
That Matrix is no longer dead on. A major difference is that the Crucible is a week earlier, plus some other discrepancies. Still, it does give you a decent idea of what your training will be composed of.

DevilDogG801
08-30-04, 05:12 AM
The rumor was started when the training schedule got changed. I just graduated on the 20th... Still 13 weeks, but the last 2 weeks is a lot less stressful, well of course if your platoon is good. If not it's a lot of time that your DI's can have fun with you!

1recon
09-01-04, 03:30 PM
Hey everyone, I just graduated boot camp at parris Island on the 27. Yes boot camp is still 13 weeks. I think your friend is talking about the new training schedule. It is a little different than the one you get online. I know all this because my SDI helped make it up. It focuses more on academics and drill than all the other stuff. It took all the stupid stuff out and put useable stuff in. The gas chamber is now on TD14 and the Crucible is before final testing. Those are the major changes. hope this helps.

thedrifter
09-01-04, 03:34 PM
Congratulations Marine!!!

The Drifter's Wife

Ellie

hrscowboy
09-01-04, 04:37 PM
Outstanding Marine its good to have another brother amongest us. keep your head up and your eyes open at all times, you are now one of the best there is.... orahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh semper fi

YankeeDoodleAsh
09-16-04, 07:34 PM
I hate the new training schedule. We needed more PT and drill (I wanted more PT and Drill ;-)). The could have cut some of those academic classes.