PDA

View Full Version : poole

slaga630
08-12-04, 09:10 PM
Poole
Hey fellas
My first post
I just joined the pooles and am learing what i can
I was wondering does anyone know how stiff the hearing requirments are for joining

In my weekly wensday run with the ssgt they have some crazy excersises i have never heard of till now like the chinese sit up
Fun stuff they also have a pit area they made up that is in front of this company and all the people come up and watch so its fun lol

Any wise words of wisdom

Steve

CAR
08-12-04, 10:05 PM
Welcome to the forum slaga630. Words of wisdom= Stay out of trouble, PT on a regular basis, RUN! RUN! RUN! ,learn what you can here and from your MC recruiting staff. ASK QUESTIONS!
Good Luck - The title of MARINE is like no other.

HardJedi
08-13-04, 11:10 AM
as for hearing requirements, I am not sure really, but I DO know that I failed every hearing test I have ever had in my LIFE! I had to get a waiver to join the Corps because of my hearing. I still served in the infantry though.

Pel
08-13-04, 02:10 PM
Poolee

yellowwing
08-13-04, 02:37 PM
I don't know the specific medical requirements, but I do know you won't be doing much talking in bootcamp, but a lot of sweating and listening!

Talk now and ask questions while you can.

slaga630
08-13-04, 10:42 PM
how bad was your hearing jedi ?

run run run lol A lot of running
Can you eat almost anything but not a lot of it to lose some or just no bread and a lot of water stuff like that

HardJedi
08-14-04, 11:04 AM
my hearing is such that it's only the really low tones that I have trouble hearing. but it is bad enough that, Like I said, I have failed every hearing test I have ever taken. I forget what the exact range is though.

slaga630
08-14-04, 11:05 AM
mine is sometimes i have to read lips
i think it is 22 percent in each ear

HardJedi
08-14-04, 11:16 AM
hmmmm. well, Like I said, Mine is just the lower register of tones, but it DOES make it hard for me to understand people talking at times, and it IS easier for me understand people when I can see them talking. as for eating almost anything you want and still loose wieght? Not a good idea.

Tom Hansen
08-16-04, 03:01 PM
I can chime in on the hearing, however, I was a poolie in 1978 and the standards may have changed. If you have had your phyiscal already and it was not addressed then you should be ok. I had cancer in my ear prior to joining in 1978, as a result of 2 operations I had about a 20% loss in one ear at the time. I needed a waver from CMC along with a letter from my ENT stating that boot camp would not have an affect on me or worsen my hearing. After that was completed it was bends and thrusts, begin recuit.....

tom hansen